It is currently January 21st, 2018, 12:35 am

All times are UTC

Eragon the movie - very inaccurate (i have lots of evidence) 

How accurate to you think Eragon the movie will be to the book
Poll ended at December 13th, 2006, 10:31 am
Accurate to the point it is the book on the big screen (more than 90%) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Very Accurate, minor faults (more than 80%) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Accurate enough, story is there but there are flaws, not too bad though (more than 60%) 56%  56%  [ 5 ]
A let down. The story and ideas where there but it really hasn't captured the magic, characters personalities and feel of the book (less than 40%) 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
This is not Eragon, it's Hollywood's way of ruining a perfectly good book. I bet the writer didn't even read the book (less than 20%) 33%  33%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 9
Green Dragon
Green Dragon

Yeah, that was suprising how short it was. I thought it would be like a 3 hour movie. Anyway the timing was off and everything was out of order. And the characters didn't seem to fit in place.

May 13th, 2007, 1:24 pm
New Peasant
New Peasant

Post Re: Eragon the movie - very inaccurate (i have lots of evidence)
I watched the movie and I am afraid that I was disgusted. I sat in the theatre and counted, and there were more then 49 mistakes. Granted that was a little while ago, but I distinctly remember the number that I memorized. :D

The movie was worthless when compared to the book, and all it was for was for Hollywood to make an excuse and make money off of something that is a best seller. The new movie Twilight is a perfect example of that.

All of the readers expect the movie to suck, but we see it anyway either out of habit or to see how much it sucks. I know that I intend to see it myself. :o

when embracing someone is so much more pleasant?

November 10th, 2008, 2:27 pm
Dragon Egg Carrier
Dragon Egg Carrier

Roran didn't have a beard when he left carvahall. He grew it in the spine while evading the razac.

se onr sveredar sitja hvass

Got this off of alagaesia.com

you are most like ERAGON

You are powerful, brave and heroic and always willing to face any foes you meet. Though you are learning how to form alliances, determine whether you can trust people, and how to use your magic safely and effectively, you can occasionaly be a bit too headstrong. Luckily you have wise guides like Brom and Saphira to show you the way.

November 10th, 2008, 8:20 pm
New Peasant
New Peasant

dragon-rider wrote:
Roran didn't have a beard when he left carvahall. He grew it in the spine while evading the razac.

Not only that, but Roran and Eragon were brothers in the movie when they were really cousins who were as close as brothers. Hollywood loves mixing little parts of all of the books just to make it so that the watchers are getting two movies in one. _ _"

when embracing someone is so much more pleasant?

November 11th, 2008, 2:23 pm
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Affiliation: Vardens
well the movie **** but i think they said tat they were bros in the movie to show how csoe they were not if they were brothers literally...

If I think your cool enough, I might just contact you... Not from the computer or anything... But there should be a message in your city... Somewhere... Don't believe me? I don't want you to. Just be on the lookout... You'll find out for yourself soon enough...

That is, if your cool enough...

November 12th, 2008, 5:01 pm
Peasant
Peasant

What i really hated about it was the fact that they essentially killed off half of the Storyline of Eldest by killing Brom so early on in the film...

EDIT: So much for Jeod...

xxx

Bio For Rauthr

November 21st, 2008, 1:53 pm
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Affiliation: Vardens
yup i agree.....there are soooo many more evidence to prove that the movie is sooooooooooooo inaccurate.....

If I think your cool enough, I might just contact you... Not from the computer or anything... But there should be a message in your city... Somewhere... Don't believe me? I don't want you to. Just be on the lookout... You'll find out for yourself soon enough...

That is, if your cool enough...

November 21st, 2008, 4:39 pm