It is currently January 21st, 2018, 12:32 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 resons why there wont be a second movie 
DragonRider
DragonRider

Affiliation: Galbatorix
Post Re: resons why there wont be a second movie
There might be a second movie however it will bear little relation to the book because:
1. In the movie if a rider dies his/her dragon dies in the books this is not the case. (Brisingr pg 636-637)
2. the love interest with Arya is completely different from the one in the book where Eragon is spurned by Arya.
3. Urgals are part of the empires military forces in the film not controlled by Durzza as in the book
4. Hrothgar the dwarf king dosen't exist neither does Orik
5. Eragon is much stronger than Arya in the film where in the book he is clearly outmatched by her.
6. There don't seem to be any dwarves in the film as all of the people in farthen dur are of the same height.
7. The Twins don't exist
8. Farthen dur is easily accessible to dragons as saphira flies out of the crater in the film where as in the book the hole in the mountainn is too high for even dragons to reach.
9. Sloan seems to like eragon in the film he knows the egg is the king's propetry and tells him to hide it.
10. Sloan is tortured and killed in the movie
11. The Ra'zac die
12. Katrina dosen't exist
13. Brom believes he is responsible for there being only one dragon in Alagaesia
14. The foresworn don't exist
15. The geography is wrong in the film daret is near foothills of the Beor mountains instead of being in the northen reaches of the empire .
16. Surda dosen't seem to exist.
17. Saphira has to obey eragon in the film where as in the book she dosen't and stays by him because of their bond. (eragon pg 157)
18. Saphira has a different personality
19. No evidence of elves existing
20. Jeod dosen't exist
21. Horst role is cut to the mention of his name only once in the film.
22. No werecat or werecat prophecy and angela is met in daret which isn't on a plain as in the book but in a marsh.
23. No star rose
24. We don't know where Roran has gone so it is likely that if there is a second film roran's plot will be dropped and he will just show up at the varden.
25. In the film the varden are not aware of Brom or that he never played an important part in their councils.
26. Arya refers to Eragon as the leader of the resistance in the film where as in the book he swears fealty to the Vardens new leader Nasuada.
27. In the film it seems that there are only two dragons left saphira and shruikan no other eggs so no thorn.
28. Magic seems completely different from the book
29. In the film it says dragons are the source of magic in the books oromis says that magic exists in nature without riders or dragons.
30. In the film galbatorix wants to kill eragon where as in the books he wants to capture saphira.
31.Eragon already knows the Arya is a princess (very minor)
32. Film misses training of Eragon by Brom to be a rider could have been done in a two or three minute scene.
33. In film brom is killed by durzza not the Ra'zac
34. Murtagh dosen't shoot the shade or save eragon from the Ra'zac
35. In the film saphira instantly grows where in the book she gradually grows.
36. Saphira can't breath fire until after she breaks the star rose in the book but in the films she can breath fire from the beginning.
37. Eragon's power when he first uses magic is vastly incrased from when he used magic in the books.
38. Arya has the wrong hair color and isn't an elf (as these don't seem to exist also she dosen't have pointy ears.
39. Eragon dosen't injure his legs or rely of Saphira for warmth after their first flight.
40. Hadarac desert isn't mentioned and probably dosen't exist in the film world because of the other geographical mishaps.
41. Eragon isn't going to Ellesmera at the end of the film with Arya so will he get any additional training and do Oromis and Glaedr exist it.
42. Elva dosen't exist
43. Doesn't seem that Arya can use magic
Thats over forty problems and I could easily come up with more. Its really a shame fox didn't put more effort into this film as it had great potential however the finished product didn't look like Eragon at all. Several things that were missed were inexcusable such as the lack of the training from Brom to Eragon as this could have easily been fixed by a few simple scenes such as eragon progressing the stick fighting with brom and lifting of the stone in the first book for discipline. I was very disappointed by the movie.

RPG's Characters:
Marco's Bio

Last edited by aluminiumclock on June 23rd, 2009, 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

June 15th, 2009, 11:42 am
DragonRider in Training
DragonRider in Training

Well... that wraps up this topic! LOL. JK. That was a lot of details, though I believe that some of the things you put were just opinions and wouldn't matter in the making of a second movie.

What was once your life is now your legend.

I have written my own Eragon Eldest and Brisingr movie scripts, because the one Hollywood did was ruined. I have posted all of them here under FanFiction. Please read them and reply! I am looking forward to adapting the final installment in the cycle once it comes out! Thank you!

June 23rd, 2009, 1:52 pm
DragonRider
DragonRider

can you point out which and I will attempt to explain how I believe they will affect the movie.

RPG's Characters:
Marco's Bio

June 23rd, 2009, 2:34 pm
DragonRider in Training
DragonRider in Training

Well, some of these aren't really wrong. They would have an affect on the story, but it would very, very minor.

2. Eragon's love interest with Arya (It is true that she seems to like him right off the bat, which is different than the book, but I don't think it would hinder a second movie from being made.)

3. Urgals are part of Empire, rather than Durza's servants (In the book, they are a part of the Empire's forces, and could easily have the part of breaking free from the Empire to join the Varden, which is what occurs in the Eldest.)

5. Eragon's strength over Arya (I really don't think they meant for him to be stronger than Arya, though he did seem like it. The movie, if made, would be hardpressed to bring out Eragon's building of strenght, since he already has much of it in the first movie, but I do not think that it would prevent a second movie from being made.)

9. Sloan likes Eragon (I did not get this impression from watching the movie, so I doubt this would have an effect.)

10. Sloan is killed (The audience really does not know if he is killed or not. In fact, if you are to watch the commentarywith the director, he says that he left that open, in case there was to be a second movie.)

13. Brom believes he is responsible (I really don't know where you got that one. He is overcome with much grief that the dynasty of the Riders has ended, but I don't believe he thinks it was his fault as much as it was just poor timing and the corruption of the other Riders. Also, this doesn't have much of an effect on a second movie being made.)

17. Saphira must obey Eragon (I don't really think it is her obeying him as much as it is Eragon is suggesting a good move, and Saphira agrees with this good move, and does it. And it wouldn't hinder the movie at all.)

18. Saphira has a different personality (I think she has the same, humerous, fiery spark of an attitude that she does in the books. This is just an opinion.)

25. The Varden are not aware of Brom (This is one of these things that while the audience does not know, the characters do. It is just as possible to say that they knew all about Brom as to say they didn't. It just was not mentioned to the audience.)

26. Eragon is the leader of the resistance (In the book, he is a leader of the resistance, though not the main one. Even in the movie, he was not the leader of the Varden; Ajihad still held that title.)

28. Magic is completely different (Once again, this is just an opinion, for I found that the magic was one of the soul things in the movie they got right.)

32. No training between Eragon and Brom (There is the stick fight and he does explain to Eragon what magic is. These are the two main training sessions that will be used later in Eragon's legend.)

34. Murtagh does not shoot Durza or save Eragon from the Ra'zac (Very, very minor detail, and it would not hinder the second story in any way.)

35. Saphira grows rapidly (Explain to me how this would hurt the next movie.)

36. Saphira breathes fire (Explain to me how this would hurt the next movie.)

39. Eragon's injured leg (Explain to me how this would hurt the next movie.)

I have written my own Eragon Eldest and Brisingr movie scripts, because the one Hollywood did was ruined. I have posted all of them here under FanFiction. Please read them and reply! I am looking forward to adapting the final installment in the cycle once it comes out! Thank you!

June 24th, 2009, 5:01 pm
DragonRider
DragonRider

Sorry it took me so long to post back to this I will try to respond to each comment either agreeing or disagreeing. Individual most of these won't stop the movie but will cause problems and together they would make it almost impossible for the second movie to be made.

2. This will make cause some chapters involving Arya running away from Eragon and the fairth scene impossible for the movie considering Arya already knows that eragon loves her and dosen't rebuke him.

3. This does affect the film because the Urgals have now lost the motive for joining the varden also means we have asks how the varden and dwarves defeated the empire and Urgals in the battle considering the Urgals wouldn't turn and fight each other with Durzza's death because they aren't his servants in the film.

5. Eragon is easily much stronger than Arya especially considering the elves don't seem to be faster or stronger in the film these would also make it difficult for the film to give a reason for Eragon to be transformed into an elf.

9. I agree, it won't have an effect on the second movie.

10. I agree, If the director said he left it open then obviously sloan lives so it won't be an issue in the second movie.

13. Brom says as much in the film he says he had to get revenge and that is why there are so few Dragons left.

17. An example of Saphira having to obey Eragon is in the film when eragon says to Saphira that they should go to gil'ead to rescue the elf and Saphira says no then Eragon says "I am the rider and I say we go" and Saphira leaves immediately taking Eragon to gil'ead.

18. Can't be proved either way however she never gets angry at Eragon or loses her temper like in the books.

25. Can't be proved

26. Arya actually gives him this title while dressing him for battle in the film. In the book he is not a leader considering he has no followers or subjects he is just extremely powerful.

28. Durzza being able to fly by summoning a beast. Mind breaking dosen't exist. Eragon can do lots with just a word and that usually takes years to master.

32. Telling Eragon about magic dosen't really count as training. Especially considering immediately afterwards that Eragon is almost a master spell caster.

34. I agree, won't impact the next film.

35. Saphira grows rapidly so will thorn so he will be the same size or close to the size of Saphira when they first fight also means that Glaedr will have to have gone through several of these stages to reach his size or he is the same size as Saphira which would introduce other problems.

36. Again in the Thorn vs Saphira fight Thorn would not be stronger because of Galby's meddling magic so he would be used to his body and not at a disadvantage. Also meant that Saphira could kill large numbers of the Urgals with flame which she couldn't do in the book.

39. Missing character development between Eragon and Saphira but I agree it won't affect the second film too much.

This is an added reason.

44. The film makers will have to deal with the additional problem of there being mistakes some of which are quite large.

RPG's Characters:
Marco's Bio

July 31st, 2009, 11:06 am
DragonRider
DragonRider

Affiliation: Dragonriders
sorry if this was said but ajihad knew brom and they said that brom was not nessesary since they have eragon. Also there is nothing about surda in eragon movie, and lastly hrothgar does exist he is there when eragon first sees ajihad i think.

August 1st, 2009, 1:05 am
DragonRider in Training
DragonRider in Training

I see what you mean now on some of these. And while they wouldn't just completely hinder a second movie from being made, it would certainly make it difficult for the film makers to repair those mistakes in order to get the series "up to snuff" with the book series.

August 10th, 2009, 2:18 pm
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Location: Far beyond the stars in a world only I could live in
There won't be a second movie because it was too messed up! Arya and Eragon look nothing like how they're described in the book, and it's well...it's pretty much what you guys all said! :D lol.

August 19th, 2009, 7:03 am
DragonRider
DragonRider

I know there where to many mistakes. I think I know why they made the Razac die though. The way they make the razac in the movie is more advanced than in the book meaning they are faster, stronger, and moe agile. SO brom and Eragon could not escape the Razac and even if they did they would folow them to the varden and eragon would shurly lose against durza and two razac.

August 20th, 2009, 2:30 pm
DragonRider
DragonRider

The Ra'zac in the film where pushovers Brom defeated one of them by himself with a sword and no magic at all. There were strong or fast or even that agile + even at a distance you wouldn't mistake them for humans.

RPG's Characters:
Marco's Bio

August 20th, 2009, 8:30 pm
DragonRider
DragonRider

I know that is why they had to make them like that.

August 20th, 2009, 8:37 pm
DragonRider
DragonRider

Did you just diagree with yourself by agreeing with me despite the fact that I disagreed with your last post? Make up your mind!!!

RPG's Characters:
Marco's Bio

August 20th, 2009, 8:40 pm
DragonRider
DragonRider

This is what I am trying to say.... The reason that they had to make the razac die is because eragon and brom would not be able to escape in the movie because they are too fast.

August 21st, 2009, 8:46 pm
DragonRider
DragonRider

I don't think that the Ra'zac where that fst or strong considering Brom won a sword fight with one of them by himself.

RPG's Characters:
Marco's Bio

August 22nd, 2009, 9:55 am
New Peasant
New Peasant

i reallt wish they were going to continue the movies the 3rd 1 would make an extermly good movie if they did it well but they stuffed up eragon way too much 2 continue i guess they could skip all the razac parts

September 13th, 2009, 1:13 am