It is currently October 18th, 2018, 4:08 am

All times are UTC





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Thought of the new dragon rider 
Author Message
New DragonRider
New DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: June 3rd, 2010, 3:03 pm
Posts: 389
Gender: Girl
Affiliation: Skulblakans
Post Re: Thought of the new dragon rider
You're right,it might be her, we wont know until it comes out, will we?


July 14th, 2010, 1:23 pm
Profile
Wise DragonRider
Wise DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2010, 5:15 am
Posts: 1434
Location: With the Werecats, fulfilling my destiny (otherwise known as Mythic Paradise...)
Gender: Girl
Affiliation: Werecats
Post Re: Thought of the new dragon rider
Yeppers! she is such an obvious and legible choice. and it makes perfect sense.

-DragonMark
-appears in all books
-hints point torwards her
-is an orphan, and would find a Dragon that would understand her completely a gift and a help
-can fight by telling others their worst fears *tell me someone threatning you with your worst fears would not freak you out*

_________________
R.I.P. WJS I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER Remember October the 15th of 2011

don't click this link...
*****The WF Reborn was terminated today, January 15th, 2011, because of me. I am deeply ashamed.*****

Mythic Paradise Chat moderator Symbiont!! Mythic Paradise Home
ImageImageImageImageIn order: Al the Plesiodragon, Skyvern the Ticktock, Klautroff the Exalted Fennix, and Telem the Mikhal


July 31st, 2010, 7:32 pm
Profile
New DragonRider
New DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: June 3rd, 2010, 3:03 pm
Posts: 389
Gender: Girl
Affiliation: Skulblakans
Post Re: Thought of the new dragon rider
it would bue wierd for her to have two dragon marks, wouldn't it?


August 8th, 2010, 1:31 pm
Profile
Peasant
Peasant

Joined: January 28th, 2009, 9:48 pm
Posts: 55
Gender: Girl
Affiliation: Dragonriders
Post Re: Thought of the new dragon rider
The only problem I see with that is she won't listen to anyone. If she became the new dragon rider, there's a chance that she will turn to galby out of spite for eragon

_________________
The reson elephants have big ears is because snakes don't have armpits


August 10th, 2010, 3:23 am
Profile
New Peasant
New Peasant

Joined: October 8th, 2010, 7:02 pm
Posts: 3
Gender: Guy
Post Re: Thought of the new dragon rider
I believe that it is obviously going to be Arya. She has emerald eyes, emerald (green) magic, and she has to be the rider of the green dragon, possibly and plausibly using Talheim (the green rider's sword).

Another note, just judging by how literature always works, Paolini will play off of Arya and Eragon's roles with each other. Eragon defeated Durza because of Arya, and Arya defeated the shade in Brisingr because of Eragon's help. It'd be insane if it wasn't her.

The only other believable outcomes are Orik, because it would increase the sense of unity of the dwarves in the war, and Elva. However, if they were to be of any use in the war it'd have to be Arya, because she already knows magic, etc.

Eragon's love: Arya. His dream shows two riders and two dragons leaving forever, possibly Arya and Eragon.


Last edited by Makaveli on October 10th, 2010, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
posts combined


October 8th, 2010, 7:15 pm
Profile
New DragonRider
New DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: August 27th, 2010, 8:13 am
Posts: 319
Location: Sweden
Gender: Guy
Affiliation: Elves
Post Re: Thought of the new dragon rider
What CP has said.

1. CP has said that the rider will be "logic inevitability"
2. CP also mentioned that he hopes it will be a surprise 2 years ago.
At the time, the book we know now as Brisingr was supposed to be the final book of the series. Paolini decided to separate that book in two. Before Brisingr came most people didn’t though that it would be Arya. It was Roran. But after Brisingr was released, people have considered Arya much more likely, not just because of the events that took place in the book itself but Paolini's explanations of some of those certain scenes since then.
3. The rider has to have been in all three books so far.

--------------------------------------------------------

In the matter of logic inevitability

Roran:
1. Roran has his family to live for. That would ruin his life with his family, causing him to outlive his wife (his entire world) and his child. Then his possible grandchildren, etc. Depressing much?
2. Then he could not be King, which is probably the leading theory under Roran - no immortal Rulers.
3. So far, his characterization has been developing his physical strength and leadership skills. No diplomatic skills or magical skills. If you were to use the stone argument, it could easily be countered with this - his failure at learning/using magic could be there to show his path will not be a magical one.
4. Is human - very strong, but only for a human. Could not compete with Galby or Murt.
5. On the "Rider blood" argument - blood is no real argument. CP has said that dragon does not choose because of families. He don’t even share that what you then should call rider blood. Brom-Eragon Morzan-Murtagh. Roran has no conection there.
6. We have no time to train him. How many books did it take Eragon to reach his current strength? We would need to teach Roran the customs of Riders, how to preform magic and control energy as well as the AL itself, etc. Not time.
7. Wields a hammer, not a sword. It’s a diffrent fighting skill.
8. Due to the above, he is not really "logically inevitable," no?

Orik:
1. He is a King. No immortal rulers, no? At least, not of a mortal race. Dwarves = mortal.
2. Yeah, he is also a Dwarf. Dwarves are not in the Pact, and there is not currently enough power to recast it. And honestly, why would it be recast now? In a time of war? Silly.
3. It would cause him to out live his wife/possible children as well.
4. Yes, we all know that he rode Saphira. But he didn't really seem too comfortable with 90% of the time. Yeah.
5. Size rations, anyone? He coulden’t even reach a Urgal from the back of a dragon.
6. Would require magical training.
7. Not "logically inevitable."

Angela:
1. Based on CP's sister as a kind of joke - she was obviously not meant to have an extreme role in the books. Like, I dunno, the Rider who will help save the dragon race and defeat the evil Empire.
2. Can use magic, but is very weak when it come to magic use. So she would still require magical training, which would make her weaker than all other Riders in the IC.
3. Is human - normal strength.
4. Does not fight with a sword. Minor, but still.
5. Is not "logically inevitable."

Nasuada:
1. She currently is leader of the Varden. That is a big enough responsibility in itself, yes?
2. She would require training in magic and as well in how to use a sword.
3. Is human - normal strength.
4. On magic, she loathes the stuff. That would cause a kind of conflict of interests, no?
5. Not "logically inevitable."

Elva:
1. Currently (physically) about 7 years old.
Not to mention that she is literally only about 1 year old.
2. No sympathies - why would she fight for the Varden at all? It would take some doing just to convince her to be on the "good side" (bleh) in the first place.
3. She would require training as well, both magically and with a blade.
4. Again, human. She could not compete physically just by her race, not to mention her age.
5. Unpredictable, to put it mildly.
6. Not "logically inevitable."

But let’s take a look at Arya.
1. The dream in Deathwatch. Two people, a man and woman, boarding a ship while two dragon circle above. Now, most think this is Eragon departing the land with the other Rider, their two dragons flying above. This, if true, indicates the Rider is female.
2. Eragon is in love with Arya, Greenie and Saphie will likely be mates. Fits together.
3. She requires almost no training, as we don't have time to train a new Rider.
4. She is elven and female. The other Riders are human and male. It evens it out a little bit.
5. As an elf, is of superior mental and physical strength - and with one book to go, this is definite advantage.
6. Green. She has green eyes, green magic, etc. CP has said that there was clues in the books about who the next rider will be.
7. CP is trying to put her and eragon on even footing. They have the same strength magically and physically, or close to it, both are Shadeslayers. So making her a dragon rider would be the last part.
8. She has been in all three books.
9. CP stated in an interview that book IV will continue Saphira, Eragon and Aryas adventures.
10. She IS "logically inevitable

There is no one else other than Arya who can be the next rider.
//The Librarian

_________________
LFG! Every one should read it! Even you!
http://lfgcomic.com/page/1
Richard for ever! <3
Image


October 13th, 2010, 3:00 pm
Profile
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: November 12th, 2008, 9:20 pm
Posts: 2091
Location: In a place far away that is nearby
Gender: Girl
Affiliation: Dragonriders
Post Re: Thought of the new dragon rider
I can't believe that that whole thing made sense... but Arya is in the back of everyone's mind. CP would probably get stoned if it's not her. She is the most likely contestant for the egg, but remember, it is still in Galby's possession. that means eragon will have to steal the egg before arya can get her hands on it, or the new rider will be one of galby's own. that would be the worst day of many people's lives if that happens.

_________________
Love is like a bumblebee. It goes from flower to flower till it finds one to land on.
Image

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

Looking past the red waves of life's blood, I see my life flash past the battle field. the bodies of the dead lay before me in anguish as I sat atop my dragon, staring into the grim eyes of death as I readied my sword for the final battle...

I may be dumb, but Im not stupid.

I just realized. I have no friends... *burp*


October 13th, 2010, 10:45 pm
Profile
Peasant Elder
Peasant Elder
User avatar

Joined: October 7th, 2008, 11:07 am
Posts: 128
Location: Somewhere in the middle of my dreams......
Gender: Girl
Post Re: Thought of the new dragon rider
If Roran and Katrina's kid was the new dragon rider, well that would cause complications, but would be interesting....
I think it's way to obvious for Arya to be the next dragon rider. Yes, it's I very likely, but I think it would be better if it's someone no-one would suspect.
I did think it may be Elva, considering her blessing from Eragon and dragonmark, but my if I were the one writing the book, it would be Katrina. It's someone that no one would think of, and she has a good heart and all, so why not?

_________________
Dragonette

DRAGONFORCE RULES!!!

Full the moon and midnight sky, Through the dark they ride, Warriors of forever will sacrifice the night.
One for all and all for one, The future time has come, Faces filled with torment, Your heart beats like a drum .
Never will you look back again, You'll fight on until the end.
Together we will live on forever more.
Dragonforce~Where Dragons Rule.


October 14th, 2010, 7:36 am
Profile
New DragonRider
New DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: August 27th, 2010, 8:13 am
Posts: 319
Location: Sweden
Gender: Guy
Affiliation: Elves
Post Re: Thought of the new dragon rider
Dragonette62 wrote:
If Roran and Katrina's kid was the new dragon rider, well that would cause complications, but would be interesting....

Their kid can't be the next rider. He/she was obvioud not in the first books, and make no sence so what ever.

Dragonette62 wrote:
I think it's way to obvious for Arya to be the next dragon rider.

caterpillar!! You do understand that you are admiting that sje will be the next rider? You don't argue agisnt her by saying that she is obvious. You are just admiting that she is tho only one who make sence.

Dragonette62 wrote:
Yes, it's I very likely, but I think it would be better if it's someone no-one would suspect.

How would that be better!? Obvious writing is so much better than bad writing. Do you want to see a weak rider wining through luck or what?
It would be horrible to see a weak rider do stuff who he/she shouldn't by all means of logic be able to do. I don't want to see Galby dying because he fell over a rock. And Eragon can't win alone. And a weak rider wouldn't be any help.

Dragonette62 wrote:
I did think it may be Elva, considering her blessing from Eragon and dragonmark,

That has NOTHING to do with being the next rider.
And why in hell would a dragon hatch for a weak, cursed, two year old human freak?

Dragonette62 wrote:
but my if I were the one writing the book, it would be Katrina.

That tells me that you wouldn't make a good author. No offence but honastly? She couldn't do anything to help them win. Ignore it if you want but she would always be to weak! No author with a working brain would make her the next rider =/

Dragonette62 wrote:
It's someone that no one would think of,

For a good reason. It's stupid....

Dragonette62 wrote:
and she has a good heart and all, so why not?

I tell you why.

1. Many people has a good heart. That dosen't mean that all of them will be the next rider. No? And that means that this dosn't matter!
2. She is a human. Would always be to weak!
3. She would outlive Roran and her kid. Something she NEVER would like to do.
4. There would never be enough time to train her.
5. Due to the above she is NOT logic inevitability!

And this is what CP has said:

1. CP has said that the rider will be "logic inevitability"
2. CP also mentioned that he hopes it will be a surprise 2 years ago.
At the time, the book we know now as Brisingr was supposed to be the final book of the series. Paolini decided to separate that book in two. Before Brisingr came most people didn’t though that it would be Arya. It was Roran. But after Brisingr was released, people have considered Arya much more likely, not just because of the events that took place in the book itself but Paolini's explanations of some of those certain scenes since then.
3. The rider has to have been in all three books so far.
4. CP has said that he has putted out clues in the books of who the next rider will be. And the only thing that can count as clues ther is the constant refering Arya to the colour green. [The colour of the egg]

loking at this we can see that she can't be the next rider because she is NOT logic inevitability and that there is NOTHINg that points to her.

You can have your own opinions and I respect them, but for the love of God, your dreams/wants/hopes does not count as evidence!

//The Librarian

_________________
LFG! Every one should read it! Even you!
http://lfgcomic.com/page/1
Richard for ever! <3
Image


October 14th, 2010, 12:21 pm
Profile
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: November 12th, 2008, 9:20 pm
Posts: 2091
Location: In a place far away that is nearby
Gender: Girl
Affiliation: Dragonriders
Post Re: Thought of the new dragon rider
Maybe the new rider, if not Arya, eragon will probably let them use glaedr's HoH so that they can become a little stronger with two riders at their side: glaedr, and eragon and saphira.

_________________
Love is like a bumblebee. It goes from flower to flower till it finds one to land on.
Image

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

Looking past the red waves of life's blood, I see my life flash past the battle field. the bodies of the dead lay before me in anguish as I sat atop my dragon, staring into the grim eyes of death as I readied my sword for the final battle...

I may be dumb, but Im not stupid.

I just realized. I have no friends... *burp*


October 14th, 2010, 9:21 pm
Profile
New DragonRider
New DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: August 27th, 2010, 8:13 am
Posts: 319
Location: Sweden
Gender: Guy
Affiliation: Elves
Post Re: Thought of the new dragon rider
kvista wrote:
Maybe the new rider, if not Arya, eragon will probably let them use glaedr's HoH so that they can become a little stronger with two riders at their side: glaedr, and eragon and saphira.

Glader can only give them extra energy. Any human would be to weak in strenght, to slow in the matter of speed and their magic would be weaker.
It has to be an elf. And Arya is the only elf who has been in all 3 books.
And besides that she is the only one who is logic inevitability.

_________________
LFG! Every one should read it! Even you!
http://lfgcomic.com/page/1
Richard for ever! <3
Image


October 14th, 2010, 9:28 pm
Profile
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: December 6th, 2009, 1:55 am
Posts: 2303
Location: Tx
Gender: Girl
Affiliation: Werecats
Post Re: Thought of the new dragon rider
Quote:
How would that be better!? Obvious writing is so much better than bad writing. Do you want to see a weak rider wining through luck or what?


How is that bad writing? Just because it's unexpected doesn't make it bad. For some people like me it will be more interesting because it throws a twist into the story. You just say it would be bad writing because it wouldn't be exactly what you want.


Quote:
For a good reason. It's stupid....


Again there you go. You cannot have a civil debate with anyone without having to constantly insult them to gain ground. And if no moderator is going to do something about this than really they are not doing their jobs. People can have opinions. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it wrong or stupid it makes you wrong and stupid because you don't care about anyone's opinion but your own.

_________________
Saphi Laana Draerr Brilyn
Nems Devitria Nemaera


October 15th, 2010, 12:57 am
Profile
New DragonRider
New DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: August 27th, 2010, 8:13 am
Posts: 319
Location: Sweden
Gender: Guy
Affiliation: Elves
Post Re: Thought of the new dragon rider
gomenesigh wrote:

How is that bad writing? Just because it's unexpected doesn't make it bad. For some people like me it will be more interesting because it throws a twist into the story. You just say it would be bad writing because it wouldn't be exactly what you want.

So... You are saying that it would be better to see Galby fall over a rock and smash his head instead of having a good realictic fight in the end?
And I'm not saying that it's bad only because I think so. Unrealistic writing has never been counted as good. You can have luck in a battle sure, but honastly.... I want a reall, good, realistic, epic fight in the end.
Not some imature unrealistic battle. But that is only my view of course.
If you want to like that, fine by me.


gomenesigh wrote:

Again there you go. You cannot have a civil debate with anyone without having to constantly insult them to gain ground. And if no moderator is going to do something about this than really they are not doing their jobs. People can have opinions. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it wrong or stupid it makes you wrong and stupid because you don't care about anyone's opinion but your own.

Oh, for the love of God! Stop taking the moderaters job. If I was breaking the rules they would have warned me. And the reason they don't warn me is because I follow them. I never said that a person here was stupid.
But I did call an idea based on nothing for idiotic, yes. But here is some news for you. There is a difference between an idea/dream/hope and a living person.

And even if you don't think so, I acctually respect all opnions. The one I argue agianst is the ones without facts, evidence or any reall information to back them up. So please stop think of me as a person who don't give a **** for others opinions, because frankly I'm quite sure that I'm better than you in this matter.

That I'm being a jerk is another thing. but I do follow the rules.
So what do you say about stop preteding to be a mod?

_________________
LFG! Every one should read it! Even you!
http://lfgcomic.com/page/1
Richard for ever! <3
Image


October 15th, 2010, 8:06 am
Profile
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: December 6th, 2009, 1:55 am
Posts: 2303
Location: Tx
Gender: Girl
Affiliation: Werecats
Post Re: Thought of the new dragon rider
Really? Because it doesn't matter what your calling stupid or how you insult. The fact remains that your still a jerk. The last debate we had all you did was insult me. If I need to go find it to show you how much of an ass you are than I will. The fact that you think your better than me also makes you seem like a pompous jerk. The way you act and the way you type makes it seem like you think your better than everyone on this site and no you don't respect every opinion. You don't respect anyone who doesn't like Arya and you think your so amazing because you have a girlfriend and know so much about relationships. Well you don't. You also will never know how girls feel because you are not one. No matter how many times you want to pretend or think you will. You never will. I'm not trying to be a mod. I'm saying that they aren't doing their job because it doesn't matter who you are insulting. This is a site that is supposed to be for people to express their opinions. OPINION. An opinion is not necessarily right and just because you don't like it doesn't give you a right to bash it down.

Quote:
You are saying that it would be better to see Galby fall over a rock and smash his head instead of having a good realictic fight in the end?


What are you even talking about? I never said that. Stop putting words in my mouth. I said that having an unexpected rider would be better than someone obvious. That has nothing to do with the final battle. Just because they aren't obvious doesn't mean that they are going to be bad and the final battle would be boring. Just because someone has an idea that goes against Arya being a rider isn't bad.

_________________
Saphi Laana Draerr Brilyn
Nems Devitria Nemaera


October 16th, 2010, 1:06 am
Profile
New DragonRider
New DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: August 27th, 2010, 8:13 am
Posts: 319
Location: Sweden
Gender: Guy
Affiliation: Elves
Post Re: Thought of the new dragon rider
gomenesigh wrote:
Really? Because it doesn't matter what your calling stupid or how you insult.

Acctually it does. It's wrong to insult a person and that is why I don't do it.
And idea on the other hand is not a person.

gomenesigh wrote:
The fact remains that your still a jerk. The last debate we had all you did was insult me. If I need to go find it to show you how much of an **** you are than I will. The fact that you think your better than me also makes you seem like a pompous jerk.

This feels very unnecessary since I've alredy admited that I am a jerk.
But then of coures it's not like you actually read through what I say =/

gomenesigh wrote:
The way you act and the way you type makes it seem like you think your better than everyone on this site and no you don't respect every opinion.

So being a jerk mean that I think I'm better than every one else.
I didn't knew that before, so thx for the information. To be honastly I thouth that being a jerk meant that I was a jerk....

And here is a funny thing. The thing I hate most in the IC is the idea of NxE.
I often come into very bad arguments with the NxE fans. But one of my best friends on IF is a NxE fan and I have no problem with it at all!
The ones I have problem with is people who think they are right without having any thing at all to back them up.
Take you for an example. I have nothing agianst you personaly. The thing that bothers me is that I haven't seen anything to back up what you have said.

gomenesigh wrote:
You don't respect anyone who doesn't like Arya and you think your so amazing because you have a girlfriend and know so much about relationships.

Think that if you want.
And as I said before we had to breake up since her family moved to the states. And if you don't mind, please don't give a **** about that or mention it. I still love her and I stll miss her!

gomenesigh wrote:
Well you don't. You also will never know how girls feel because you are not one.

I have never said that I was a girl you mup. But I know that there isn't almost any different at all between a boy and a grild when it comes to love. Both are human beings. That I know since I have seen and felt it.

gomenesigh wrote:
No matter how many times you want to pretend or think you will. You never will. I'm not trying to be a mod. I'm saying that they aren't doing their job because it doesn't matter who you are insulting. This is a site that is supposed to be for people to express their opinions. OPINION. An opinion is not necessarily right and just because you don't like it doesn't give you a right to bash it down.

Seriosly now. You don't have to belive me if you don't want to, but I do respect all opinions and have no problems with what people like. Please do me the favor and look at what post I have acting like a jerk in. You will see that I only do it to posts with nothing to back it up.

gomenesigh wrote:
What are you even talking about? I never said that. Stop putting words in my mouth.

I never siad that you said that. I had a ? in the end. That means that it was a question.


gomenesigh wrote:
I said that having an unexpected rider would be better than someone obvious.

And I explaind why it wouldn't. Arya is the only who is strong enough.
And that is why an unexpected rider would be worse. They can't do anything to help.

gomenesigh wrote:
That has nothing to do with the final battle.

It has. Do you honastly that Eragon can defeat galby alnoe? Galby is the person who defeated the riders at their prime of power you know. And he has only grown stronger. Eragon will lay the finnal blow but he can not deafeat galby alone.

gomenesigh wrote:
Just because they aren't obvious doesn't mean that they are going to be bad and the final battle would be boring. Just because someone has an idea that goes against Arya being a rider isn't bad.

The reslult would be bad. How do you expect Eragon and a weak rider to win over the strongers person in Algesia?

_________________
LFG! Every one should read it! Even you!
http://lfgcomic.com/page/1
Richard for ever! <3
Image


October 16th, 2010, 10:23 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 2 of 3  [ 40 posts ]

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
cron
Copyright © 2004 - 2012 SaphiraForums - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin - Modified by SaphiraForums.
Privacy Policy