It is currently October 19th, 2018, 7:01 pm

All times are UTC





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Thought of the new dragon rider 
Author Message
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: December 6th, 2009, 1:55 am
Posts: 2303
Location: Tx
Gender: Girl
Affiliation: Werecats
Post Re: Thought of the new dragon rider
Quote:
The reslult would be bad. How do you expect Eragon and a weak rider to win over the strongers person in Algesia?


Arya isn't that amazing. She's an elf. Every elf like her has her super human abilities and knows some magic, maybe not as much but they would still be just a good as rider. And just because she is an elf doesn't make her the only one strong enough. Nasuada had to go through that ritual of cutting herself not to mention she is the leader of the Varden. Everyone knows how much Roran has been through and he is quite strong. Orik is leading his entire people and has been though just as much as Arya. The strangers that Eragon and Saphira blessed. We frankly don't know much of anything about them but that doesn't mean that they are weak because they obviously weren't. Anyone who becomes a ride would be able to pick up on learning magic easily so the next rider doesn't have to know magic beforehand. It would help but its not required. Being alive and superhuman is also not required because riders can gain more strength than anyone in Alagasia. So there are plenty of people that would be more than worthy and more than strong enough to become the next rider.

_________________
Saphi Laana Draerr Brilyn
Nems Devitria Nemaera


October 16th, 2010, 2:25 pm
Profile
New DragonRider
New DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: August 27th, 2010, 8:13 am
Posts: 319
Location: Sweden
Gender: Guy
Affiliation: Elves
Post Re: Thought of the new dragon rider
As I said in the other topic I will ignore you due to your lack of evidence and so we don't start to hate eachothers :)

Fact speak much more than personal hope.

What CP has said.

1. CP has said that the rider will be "logic inevitability"
2. CP also mentioned that he hopes it will be a surprise.
At the time, the book we know now as Brisingr was supposed to be the final book of the series. Paolini decided to separate that book in two. Before Brisingr came most people didn’t though that it would be Arya. It was Roran. But after Brisingr was released, people have considered Arya much more likely, not just because of the events that took place in the book itself but Paolini's explanations of some of those certain scenes since then.
3. The rider has to have been in all three books so far.
4. CP has said that there is clues in the books about who the next rider is.
And the only thing that can count as clues for any character is the constant referring Arya with the colour Green. (the colour that the egg has)
5. CP has said that book four continues the adventures of Eragon, Saphira and Arya.
He didn’t just said Eragon and Saphira. He also said Arya. Take it for what you want.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the matter of logic inevitability.

Roran:
1. Roran has his family to live for. That would ruin his life with his family, causing him to outlive his wife (his entire world) and his child. Then his possible grandchildren, etc. Depressing much?
2. Then he could not be King, which is probably the leading theory under Roran - no immortal Rulers.
3. So far, his characterization has been developing his physical strength and leadership skills. No diplomatic skills or magical skills. If you were to use the stone argument, it could easily be countered with this - his failure at learning/using magic could be there to show his path will not be a magical one.
4. Is human - very strong, but only for a human. Could not compete with Galby or Murt.
5. On the "Rider blood" argument - blood is no real argument. CP has said that dragon does not choose because of families. He don’t even share that what you then should call rider blood. BromEragon MorzanMurtagh. Roran has no conection there.
6. We have no time to train him. How many books did it take Eragon to reach his current strength? We would need to teach Roran the customs of Riders, how to preform magic and control energy as well as the AL itself, etc. Not time.
7. Wields a hammer, not a sword. It’s a diffrent fighting skill.
8. Due to the above, he is not really "logically inevitable," no?

Orik:
1. He is a King. No immortal rulers, no? At least, not of a mortal race. Dwarves = mortal.
2. Yeah, he is also a Dwarf. Dwarves are not in the Pact, and there is not currently enough power to recast it. And honestly, why would it be recast now? In a time of war? Silly.
3. It would cause him to out live his wife/possible children as well.
4. Yes, we all know that he rode Saphira. But he didn't really seem too comfortable with 90% of the time. Yeah.
5. Size rations, anyone? He coulden’t even reach a Urgal from the back of a dragon.
6. Would require magical training.
7. Not "logically inevitable."

Angela:
1. Based on CP's sister as a kind of joke - she was obviously not meant to have an extreme role in the books. Like, I dunno, the Rider who will help save the dragon race and defeat the evil Empire.
2. Can use magic, but is very weak when it come to magic use. So she would still require magical training, which would make her weaker than all other Riders in the IC.
3. Is human - normal strength.
4. Does not fight with a sword. Minor, but still.
5. Is not "logically inevitable."

Nasuada:
1. She currently is leader of the Varden. That is a big enough responsibility in itself, yes?
2. She would require training in magic and as well in how to use a sword.
3. Is human - normal strength.
4. On magic, she loathes the stuff. That would cause a kind of conflict of interests, no?
5. Not "logically inevitable."

Elva:
1. Currently (physically) about 7 years old.
Not to mention that she is literally only about 1 year old.
2. No sympathies - why would she fight for the Varden at all? It would take some doing just to convince her to be on the "good side" (bleh) in the first place.
3. She would require training as well, both magically and with a blade.
4. Again, human. She could not compete physically just by her race, not to mention her age.
5. Unpredictable, to put it mildly.
6. Not "logically inevitable."

But let’s take a look at Arya.
1. The dream in Deathwatch. Two people, a man and woman, boarding a ship while two dragon circle above. Now, most think this is Eragon departing the land with the other Rider, their two dragons flying above. This, if true, indicates the Rider is female.
2. Eragon is in love with Arya, Greenie and Saphie will likely be mates. Fits together.
3. She requires less training, as we don't have time to train a new Rider.
4. She is elven and female. The other Riders are human and male. It evens it out a little bit.
5. As an elf, is of superior mental and physical strength - and with one book to go, this is definite advantage.
6. Green. She has green eyes, green magic, etc. CP has said that there was clues in the books about who the next rider will be.
7. CP is trying to put her and eragon on even footing. They have the same strength magically and physically, or close to it, both are Shadeslayers. So making her a dragon rider would be the last part.
8. She has been in all three books.
9. She IS "logically inevitable

-------
CP has even said that Arya was special trained by Oromis for many years.

_________________
LFG! Every one should read it! Even you!
http://lfgcomic.com/page/1
Richard for ever! <3
Image


October 16th, 2010, 5:29 pm
Profile
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: December 6th, 2009, 1:55 am
Posts: 2303
Location: Tx
Gender: Girl
Affiliation: Werecats
Post Re: Thought of the new dragon rider
Quote:
1. The dream in Deathwatch. Two people, a man and woman, boarding a ship while two dragon circle above. Now, most think this is Eragon departing the land with the other Rider, their two dragons flying above. This, if true, indicates the Rider is female.
2. Eragon is in love with Arya, Greenie and Saphie will likely be mates. Fits together.
3. She requires less training, as we don't have time to train a new Rider.
4. She is elven and female. The other Riders are human and male. It evens it out a little bit.
5. As an elf, is of superior mental and physical strength - and with one book to go, this is definite advantage.
6. Green. She has green eyes, green magic, etc. CP has said that there was clues in the books about who the next rider will be.
7. CP is trying to put her and eragon on even footing. They have the same strength magically and physically, or close to it, both are Shadeslayers. So making her a dragon rider would be the last part.
8. She has been in all three books.
9. She IS "logically inevitable


1. Eragon is still short and arya is much taller than him and the people in the dream were of equal height.
2. Eragon is infatuated with her because she is hot. Your also assuming that the next dragon will be male and there has been no indication of the gender of the next dragon.
3. She would need as much training as anyone else. All the people you named are skilled in combat they just don't know magic.
4. Just because she is an elf doesn't make her better. Orik is superior as a dwarf, Angela is very smart and very skilled. Everyone has their own advantages.
5. Other people have green eyes maybe they were not expressly stated but eyes is not a give away. The same with magic. Because there are so many magic users, Arya is not the only one with green magic.
6. You say that he wants it to be a surprise but logic as well which Arya is not. She is obvious and not a surprise.

_________________
Saphi Laana Draerr Brilyn
Nems Devitria Nemaera


October 16th, 2010, 6:24 pm
Profile
New DragonRider
New DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: August 27th, 2010, 8:13 am
Posts: 319
Location: Sweden
Gender: Guy
Affiliation: Elves
Post Re: Thought of the new dragon rider
gomenesigh wrote:
1. Eragon is still short and arya is much taller than him and the people in the dream were of equal height.

No he is not short. The transformation gave Eragon the shape of an elf. Not the shape of a short elf. We can safly asume that Eragon is one of the persons bording the ship for the following reasons.
1. Two dragons in the sky and two elves are boarding. = Two elven dragon riders.
2. It was eragons dream. Why would he dream a dream where is isn't involved? He is not the man on the beach becuase that was a man and not an elf.
3. Angela siad that Eragon was meant to leav Alagesia. I didn't matter what he does. He will leave.

gomenesigh wrote:
2. Eragon is infatuated with her because she is hot.

In Eldest yes. In Brisingr he matured and his feeling developed.

gomenesigh wrote:
Your also assuming that the next dragon will be male and there has been no indication of the gender of the next dragon.

Asuming! You know nothing. You are by foar the most ignorant person I ever have seen. Have you ever seen or heard one single intervew from CP?
Stated both by CP and in the books: Saphira is the LAST female dragon.
That does mean that the green egg has to be a male since there are no more females! Why do you argue when you know next to nothing!?

gomenesigh wrote:
3. She would need as much training as anyone else. All the people you named are skilled in combat they just don't know magic.

Wrong once again. Arya was special traind by Oromis in both magic and swored for many years. Her traning is by far better than any one else.
She don't need to train in sword nor magic. And she alredy know many of the rider secrets where one of them is to drain enegy from your sourundings.
And all the others are humans! Humans are weak. Neither one of them can magic and we don't have the time for a nother Eldest book to train them!

gomenesigh wrote:
4. Just because she is an elf doesn't make her better.

You can't be that ignorant.... Elves = superior in speed, strenthg, knowledge, wisdom, magic and every thing else.

Brom him self said that no human could hope to defeat even a weak elf.
= pure fact!

gomenesigh wrote:
Orik is superior as a dwarf,

But only for a dwarf. And the dwarf are not even in the pact!

gomenesigh wrote:
Angela is very smart and very skilled. Everyone has their own advantages.
But every one of them lack the speed, strenght and magic.
There is noe rome for a nother Eldest book....

gomenesigh wrote:
. Other people have green eyes maybe they were not expressly stated but eyes is not a give away. The same with magic. Because there are so many magic users, Arya is not the only one with green magic.

But she is the only one who is both constanly erfared to the colour green and ary a logic choice. But of course, you will ignore that too...

gomenesigh wrote:
6. You say that he wants it to be a surprise but logic as well which Arya is not. She is obvious and not a surprise.

CP said that he HOPED that it would be a suprise TWO years ago when every one thought that Roran would be the next rider.

_________________
LFG! Every one should read it! Even you!
http://lfgcomic.com/page/1
Richard for ever! <3
Image


October 16th, 2010, 7:47 pm
Profile
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: November 12th, 2008, 9:20 pm
Posts: 2091
Location: In a place far away that is nearby
Gender: Girl
Affiliation: Dragonriders
Post Re: Thought of the new dragon rider
Roran is strong physically and mentally, but he can't deal with emotional strain if he has to leave Katrina again, as a rider, adn also they are expecting. It's hopeing to be swometime in the future, maybe.

_________________
Love is like a bumblebee. It goes from flower to flower till it finds one to land on.
Image

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

Looking past the red waves of life's blood, I see my life flash past the battle field. the bodies of the dead lay before me in anguish as I sat atop my dragon, staring into the grim eyes of death as I readied my sword for the final battle...

I may be dumb, but Im not stupid.

I just realized. I have no friends... *burp*


October 16th, 2010, 7:53 pm
Profile
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: December 6th, 2009, 1:55 am
Posts: 2303
Location: Tx
Gender: Girl
Affiliation: Werecats
Post Re: Thought of the new dragon rider
Quote:
Have you ever seen or heard one single intervew from CP?


No sorry. I have a life and it is not spent all day on the computer or looking up random nonsense.

You don't know anything about Angela, no one does. She isn't that prominent in the books and she could very well be part elf or all elf.

Quote:
CP said that he HOPED that it would be a suprise TWO years ago when every one thought that Roran would be the next rider.


Than why would you use that as one of your key points when it doesn't even matter anymore.

_________________
Saphi Laana Draerr Brilyn
Nems Devitria Nemaera


October 16th, 2010, 8:43 pm
Profile
New DragonRider
New DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: August 27th, 2010, 8:13 am
Posts: 319
Location: Sweden
Gender: Guy
Affiliation: Elves
Post Re: Thought of the new dragon rider
gomenesigh wrote:
No sorry. I have a life and it is not spent all day on the computer or looking up random nonsense.

No matter how funny that was it proves that you don't know much.
And still are you arguing and for some reason thinks that you are right.
Based on nothing.

gomenesigh wrote:
You don't know anything about Angela, no one does. She isn't that prominent in the books and she could very well be part elf or all elf.

What we do know, is that she neither has the strenght or speed of an elf.
And as she her self said, she has problem with even the easiest spell.
That is why she preferes herbs.

gomenesigh wrote:
Than why would you use that as one of your key points when it doesn't even matter anymore.

Becuae I have to. I was what he said. I can't "forget" to post thing only becuase I don't like them. That was apart of what CP said and I couldn't just ignore it. Facts are facts.

_________________
LFG! Every one should read it! Even you!
http://lfgcomic.com/page/1
Richard for ever! <3
Image


October 16th, 2010, 10:25 pm
Profile
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: November 12th, 2008, 9:20 pm
Posts: 2091
Location: In a place far away that is nearby
Gender: Girl
Affiliation: Dragonriders
Post Re: Thought of the new dragon rider
the new dragon will be green, right? so, maybe it should be Arya because i feel like she has some kind of "green" magic, if that makes any sense. it's just a random thought...

_________________
Love is like a bumblebee. It goes from flower to flower till it finds one to land on.
Image

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

Looking past the red waves of life's blood, I see my life flash past the battle field. the bodies of the dead lay before me in anguish as I sat atop my dragon, staring into the grim eyes of death as I readied my sword for the final battle...

I may be dumb, but Im not stupid.

I just realized. I have no friends... *burp*


October 20th, 2010, 11:45 pm
Profile
Wise DragonRider
Wise DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: April 30th, 2011, 12:49 pm
Posts: 1293
Location: Earth
Gender: Guy
Affiliation: Shades
Post Re: Thought of the new dragon rider
It would be good if orik was the next Rider... a dwarf rider. But I don't think it will happen as he can't use magic and when he did ride Saphira with Eragon he didn't enjoy it.

_________________
The Imposter

You are most like DURZA

You are power-hungry and controlling. You usually stop at nothing to reach your goals. King Galbatorix truly has an ally in your determined service!


Last edited by The Imposter on May 2nd, 2011, 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

May 2nd, 2011, 9:21 am
Profile
Wise DragonRider
Wise DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: April 30th, 2011, 12:49 pm
Posts: 1293
Location: Earth
Gender: Guy
Affiliation: Shades
Post Re: Thought of the new dragon rider
Yeah, that was what I was thinking, kvista. I think it has to be Arya. most of the information points towards Arya. I agree with The Librarian about Arya for the next rider.

The Librarian wrote:
What CP has said.



1. CP has said that the rider will be "logic inevitability"
2. CP also mentioned that he hopes it will be a surprise 2 years ago.
At the time, the book we know now as Brisingr was supposed to be the final book of the series. Paolini decided to separate that book in two. Before Brisingr came most people didn’t though that it would be Arya. It was Roran. But after Brisingr was released, people have considered Arya much more likely, not just because of the events that took place in the book itself but Paolini's explanations of some of those certain scenes since then.
3. The rider has to have been in all three books so far.

--------------------------------------------------------

In the matter of logic inevitability

Roran:
1. Roran has his family to live for. That would ruin his life with his family, causing him to outlive his wife (his entire world) and his child. Then his possible grandchildren, etc. Depressing much?
2. Then he could not be King, which is probably the leading theory under Roran - no immortal Rulers.
3. So far, his characterization has been developing his physical strength and leadership skills. No diplomatic skills or magical skills. If you were to use the stone argument, it could easily be countered with this - his failure at learning/using magic could be there to show his path will not be a magical one.
4. Is human - very strong, but only for a human. Could not compete with Galby or Murt.
5. On the "Rider blood" argument - blood is no real argument. CP has said that dragon does not choose because of families. He don’t even share that what you then should call rider blood. Brom-Eragon Morzan-Murtagh. Roran has no conection there.
6. We have no time to train him. How many books did it take Eragon to reach his current strength? We would need to teach Roran the customs of Riders, how to preform magic and control energy as well as the AL itself, etc. Not time.
7. Wields a hammer, not a sword. It’s a diffrent fighting skill.
8. Due to the above, he is not really "logically inevitable," no?

Orik:
1. He is a King. No immortal rulers, no? At least, not of a mortal race. Dwarves = mortal.
2. Yeah, he is also a Dwarf. Dwarves are not in the Pact, and there is not currently enough power to recast it. And honestly, why would it be recast now? In a time of war? Silly.
3. It would cause him to out live his wife/possible children as well.
4. Yes, we all know that he rode Saphira. But he didn't really seem too comfortable with 90% of the time. Yeah.
5. Size rations, anyone? He coulden’t even reach a Urgal from the back of a dragon.
6. Would require magical training.
7. Not "logically inevitable."

Angela:
1. Based on CP's sister as a kind of joke - she was obviously not meant to have an extreme role in the books. Like, I dunno, the Rider who will help save the dragon race and defeat the evil Empire.
2. Can use magic, but is very weak when it come to magic use. So she would still require magical training, which would make her weaker than all other Riders in the IC.
3. Is human - normal strength.
4. Does not fight with a sword. Minor, but still.
5. Is not "logically inevitable."

Nasuada:
1. She currently is leader of the Varden. That is a big enough responsibility in itself, yes?
2. She would require training in magic and as well in how to use a sword.
3. Is human - normal strength.
4. On magic, she loathes the stuff. That would cause a kind of conflict of interests, no?
5. Not "logically inevitable."

Elva:
1. Currently (physically) about 7 years old.
Not to mention that she is literally only about 1 year old.
2. No sympathies - why would she fight for the Varden at all? It would take some doing just to convince her to be on the "good side" (bleh) in the first place.
3. She would require training as well, both magically and with a blade.
4. Again, human. She could not compete physically just by her race, not to mention her age.
5. Unpredictable, to put it mildly.
6. Not "logically inevitable."

But let’s take a look at Arya.
1. The dream in Deathwatch. Two people, a man and woman, boarding a ship while two dragon circle above. Now, most think this is Eragon departing the land with the other Rider, their two dragons flying above. This, if true, indicates the Rider is female.
2. Eragon is in love with Arya, Greenie and Saphie will likely be mates. Fits together.
3. She requires almost no training, as we don't have time to train a new Rider.
4. She is elven and female. The other Riders are human and male. It evens it out a little bit.
5. As an elf, is of superior mental and physical strength - and with one book to go, this is definite advantage.
6. Green. She has green eyes, green magic, etc. CP has said that there was clues in the books about who the next rider will be.
7. CP is trying to put her and eragon on even footing. They have the same strength magically and physically, or close to it, both are Shadeslayers. So making her a dragon rider would be the last part.
8. She has been in all three books.
9. CP stated in an interview that book IV will continue Saphira, Eragon and Aryas adventures.
10. She IS "logically inevitable

There is no one else other than Arya who can be the next rider.
//The Librarian


Thanks Librarian for not making me right all that out.

_________________
The Imposter

You are most like DURZA

You are power-hungry and controlling. You usually stop at nothing to reach your goals. King Galbatorix truly has an ally in your determined service!


May 2nd, 2011, 9:22 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 3 of 3  [ 40 posts ]

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
cron
Copyright © 2004 - 2012 SaphiraForums - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin - Modified by SaphiraForums.
Privacy Policy