It is currently October 18th, 2018, 11:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Something unknown. 
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Location: the net of love, the whirlwind of passion, the heat of a soccer game, or partying.
Affiliation: Dragonriders
Post Re: Something unknown.
Zeta looked at the creature that stood in the middle of the blood spattered walls. It resembled a Ra'zac slightly, but he thought it looked slightly different. He couldn not tell for sure though, since the light had died so quickly. He was about to cast a spell that would light the way once more, but as he started to mutter the words something was stuffed down his mouth and he felt groggy for a few moments before regaining his normal state of thought. Frightened, he tried to do magic once more, but he realized that he couldn't. He reached for his sword instinctively. If they tried to take his weapon from him as well, they would have to prise it out of his hands. He started to move forward again. "Come on, let's keep moving," he said.

December 28th, 2008, 2:57 am
RPG Team
RPG Team

Location: Australia, waiting in the sun with my dragon, Aeraldi, for when we are needed
Affiliation: Shades
Dragon: Aelir
Keralin stood still for a moment, sword outstretched and both hands clenched around it so hard his knuckles went white. He used a few breathing exercises to calm himself and slowly his muscles relaxed enough to move them. "Yes..." He answered Zeta in a shaky voice. "Let's move." His hand slipped upon a torch then, as well as some flint. If he had been more attentive he would have questioned the sudden appearance, but in his fear he was just glad to have something to light the way. He lit the torch and made sure the flame was bright enough to light the way clearly. He walked on slowly, frequently looking behind him to make sure nothing was following them. Did the others that came here die with this fear? He wondered, gloomy thoughts poisoning his mind. They passed many other corridors but kept going straight for Keralin knew that they would eventually come to a wall or corner and from there they could find their way out of this maze.

Keralin saw a door on the left of them and hoping to find something noticable he went inside. As soon as he saw inside the room he fell to his knees, hopelessness spreading to each fibre of his body.
"It's no use." Keralin said. "We can't escape."
The room that he was looking in, had a row of bottles lined on the wall and within a second room and had chains hanging from the wall. The room he woke up in.

Hayren and Taliear
Aeraldi, (And Aeraldi's past)
Polaris and Saiph
Nilarek, (And Nilarek's newest host)
Legion
Kharsin

December 28th, 2008, 9:35 am
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Location: the net of love, the whirlwind of passion, the heat of a soccer game, or partying.
Zeta looked inside the room and felt his own hopes of escaping start to wither away. How could they escape a maze in which they could barely see in? He was starting to become confused as well. How had they come back here? They had never gone back the same way, so unless they had turned in a full circle it would be impossible for them to have ended up back here, and he did not think they had... but moment by moment, common sense started to leave him as well, and only dread filled him. Keralin was right. Whether this was the same room or simply one that looked like it, how could they hope to escape? He grappled with his mind for a moment, for something in the back of his mind told him to keep on going, but the fear that the place instilled inside him was great. Soon he would succumb to hopelessness, as the dark walls seemed to throw themselves upon him, compressing him inside, feeding of his fear and despair... unless he fought it, of course. But there did not seem to be any reason worth fighting for. "Keralin," he muttered. "You really think that... this is the end?" he asked weakly, childishly.

December 28th, 2008, 11:53 pm
RPG Team
RPG Team

Location: Australia, waiting in the sun with my dragon, Aeraldi, for when we are needed
Keralin wanted to give in to the mad thoughts threatening his sanity, to the frame of mind which would take him away from the horror of this place but something was holding him back. "Why do I hold onto it? Why hold onto hope when there isn't any?" He muttered to himself but also to Zeta. "Why..."
Because there is hope. A voice came into his mind. Until I'm dead there is always hope.
Keralin remembered his words from years ago when his will wavered like it was now. He pulled himself up from the ground and faced Zeta, his face taking the shape of one who has stared death in the eye and forced it to turn away.
"No, this is not the end." He said in a firm voice, all traces of fear removed. "This is just another test of our determination and I will not bow to it." He held his hand to Zeta. "This place is refecting our fear of it and I will not let it have the satisfaction of seeing me run anymore." The walls loomed menacingly around him, almost as if they were taking a stand to his courage. "This isn't the room I woke in for there would be a puddle of goo where I am standing now from that man I killed with the Seithr oil."

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

December 29th, 2008, 9:55 am
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Zeta was slightly confused as to how Keralin had suddenly managed to get his courage back, but he did not dwell on it. It gave him hope. He took his hand and steading himself up to the ground, the chill that had been upon him leaving his body as he felt a strong determination to thwart the place. "Yes, I had thought so..." Zeta said when Keralin said it was not the same room they had started out in. He started to walk away from it.

December 29th, 2008, 7:51 pm
RPG Team
RPG Team

Keralin walked with confidence, or at least what he thought was confidence. As he walked he remembered something he had not previously. As he was being dragged from the doorway he saw a soldier touch the door and attempt to open it. He struggled against the door and just before he was out of sight he saw the soldier cast a spell against it.
I didn't protect it against spells, but those who would have tried to move the door pieces would have died.
"Zeta, I think I know where we are." Keralin said, reaching out his hand to the wall. "If I'm right, then this will cause something else to cause us fear. If I'm wrong then we aren't where I think we are." Keralin touched the wall and immediately the walls lit up with symbols and glyphs emmiting their own light. The language was incomprehensible save for a few words in the ancient language which made no sense alone or together. There escaped a howl from several different sources, all of which sounded human... Or at least human-like. As Keralin removed his hand the light went out and the howls ceased.
"Yes, I am right. This is a dungeon meant to keep the prisoner in their cell by making them think that there is the only safe place for them. Unfortunately for us that also means that there may be illusions to be careful of."

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

December 30th, 2008, 6:49 am
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Zeta felt slightly uncomfortable, but at least he wasn't feeling weak and vulnerable. He did not want to evade hallucinations, but they were already stuck in a big mess, so he guessed it didn't matter much. "How do you know this? Could you navigate around this area and know where we are, or how we can get out?" he asked. He tried to remember for the first time where he had gone in through, so he could try to retrace his steps, but it was impossible. The tunnels had been so intricate and dark that he couldn not remember how to find a way outside of it. He turned around and to his horror saw that a giant, black creatuere was thundering towards them. It was larger than a human, and wider. It had a fairly humanoid shape, but its details such as skin color and facial looks were completely different. He wondered if it was a hallucination or not. He drew his sword and waited for it to come to them.

December 31st, 2008, 3:15 am
RPG Team
RPG Team

Keralin was about to answer Zeta when the monstrosity came at them, it's form severely twisted. He brandished his sword and nearly dropped it, unfamiliar with the shape of the sword he had found. Keep it simple. He told himself before rushing the creature. The creature swung it's arm and opened it's hand revealing sharpened nails that looked they had seen blood recently. Keralin ducked underneath the attack and rammed the hilt of his sword into the creature's gut, then spun around and rent the creature's arm. A quick with to the creature's chest pushed Keralin away to a safe distance and ready for a second attack. The creature's arm hung uselessly beside it and it roared loudly in pain and anger. Keralin looked for discrepancies then, hoping to find something that didn't fit with the picture. There was blood dripping from it's arm and it's eyes stared directly at them. "This just might be real." Keralin said. "Whether it's real or not it doesn't matter at the moment, we have to kill it." Keralin's handle on his sword wavered, the uneven weight making it hard to wield.

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

December 31st, 2008, 7:15 am
RPG Team Head
RPG Team Head

Location: attending a pie-eating contest with the other aspiring evil overlords
Affiliation: Skulblakans
Dragon: Ardel
OOC: All of my rps are frustratingly slow right now, and this one looks more active, so I was wondering if I could join. If I brought Phalynx in, could she be with Aelir wherever he is, Aeraldi?

****Phalynx**Solarae**Rigel**Alna'ir**Sirius**Ecco**Temias**Kalo****

And I'm watching out for your charries, ILS.
*****Faefnir***Navarre***Rimfax*****

January 3rd, 2009, 11:21 pm
RPG Team
RPG Team

OOC: Sure, that'll just speed up the next part in this story and reveal something big... Oooh, that felt good to type!

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

January 4th, 2009, 12:51 pm
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Zeta looked at it rather dazed at Keralin attacked it, wondering if it was real, but when Keralin spoke he snapped back to reality and pounced on it, sword drawn. It swung its arm at him and he twisted in midair, landed on the ground, then slashed his sword upwards at it. It severed half of it off, the flesh being a lot tougher than he had expected. It roared in pain and opened its mouth. Green, bright acid erupted from it. Zeta rolled to the side, just avoiding it as it sizzled against the wall, then stabbed the monster in its chest. It stumbled back, growling, but did not back down or show any less ferocity.

January 5th, 2009, 5:19 am
RPG Team
RPG Team

Keralin knew that this fight would be tough normally but without his weapons it could very well be impossible. Curse this sword and it's cheap maker. He thought as he went in for a second attack. He drew his blade up then brought it down hard on the creatures skull, hoping to cleave it in two. The sword hit the creature's head but rebounded off and slammed into the floor, shattering the blade. A few pieces of blade flew through the air and buried themselves in Keralin's skin. I can't beat this thing now, where are my blades!? He thought in panic as he searched for another weapon with the shards of blade tearing his insides.

Aelir felt the pain erupt within Keralin's body as well as within his own. That's it I will not wait any longer. He said in defiance. He was told to wait until Keralin returned but now that Keralin was being hurt from the inside he knew he had to do something. He was about to take off when he smelt a familiar scent on the air. Who is that? He thought as he searched the sky and ground.

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

January 6th, 2009, 12:17 am
RPG Team Head
RPG Team Head

Location: attending a pie-eating contest with the other aspiring evil overlords
Affiliation: Skulblakans
Dragon: Ardel
OOC: Ooh, something's going to be revealed, exciting! :D Heheh, finally, some action for Phal! :D

IC: Phal smiled at herself, amused at how easily she always seemed to find the sources of trouble she had sensed. She was getting better at finding dangers in Alagaesia and working to quell them. I'm a regular Faefnir, she thought, laughing. She soon caught the scent of Aelir nearby. However, she had seen him before she smelled him, and wasn't very happy with that fact. Phal's sense of smell was very lacking, since she relied so much on her powers to sense things from a long distance. She sighed, nothing she could do about that now.

Hello, Aelir. What's going on? she called as she descended towards the blue dragon. She wondered immediately where Keralin was, and knew that something was amiss. Aelir seemed to be getting frantic, and she suspected it had to do with his rider. She pulled in next to him and hovered, her large wings beating steadily in circular motions.

****Phalynx**Solarae**Rigel**Alna'ir**Sirius**Ecco**Temias**Kalo****

And I'm watching out for your charries, ILS.
*****Faefnir***Navarre***Rimfax*****

January 6th, 2009, 2:58 am
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

OOC- sorry that I haven't posted, my computer's monitor is being wack :? ... lol

IC- Zeta launched three lightning bolts at it, jumping to the side as more acid burst forth. As he did so, however, the monster slapped him against a wall with its arm and held him there. Zeta tried to break free, but couldn't. The monster was too strong. His heart started pumping faster. This was it. He was going to die. He had not had his revenge on his brother. And it was that, the thought of his brother, that let his fury lose. Not caring about how much energy it would cost him, he launched out electrical currents out of every pore of his body. They ran up the creature's arm and spread throughout its whole body, shocking it for a full minute. It seemed about to drop down for a moment, but then it regained its balanced and attacked again, looking dazed but furious. Zeta hoped it had caused some damage, because he felt completely drained of energy. His muscles were heavy as he raised his sword.

January 12th, 2009, 5:16 pm
RPG Team
RPG Team

The pain that the fragments were sending Keralin gave him an idea. He had no idea if the drug had worn off yet, but he felt it would have by the amount of adrenaline pumping through his body.
Knifr Risa! He cast. The small blade pieces rose uneasily from the ground but once they were up Keralin had no trouble manipulating them. The blade fragments were still sharp and the fragmentation had made even more edges to the blade. Keralin felt the drain on his low reserves of energy,
Better make this quick. He thought before sending the fragments on their way towards the beast. When Zeta shocked the beast away from him, Keralin knew his good luck was kicking in again for he had a smaller chance of hitting Zeta. All the fragments struck the beast and travelled through it, shredding the beast's insides. He made the fragments circle within the beast, turning whatever was inside into pulp. The howls of the beast were silenced by the amount of blood pouring from it's mouth as it's lungs were also torn asunder. When the beast finally fell to the floor Keralin ended the spell, leaving the remains of the sword within the beast. He swayed heavily, almost caught himself then fell over on the floor feeling horrible. "I think I overdid it..." He said, nearly falling unconscious. He was happy with his victory but knew it wouldn't last. Whatever that was, it wasn't what I was running from before.

Aelir said back with anxiousness, I'm not sure, Keralin told me to wait until he was done with the humans down there. There was some spell that he had heard about that lay here, taking all who entered it and he wanted to make sure that it was gone before Hayren and Taliear came of age. His eyes unfocused then, thinking upon the memory of his children. When he came back to reality his voice became greatly concerned. Now, I fear that Keralin is in serious danger. I can feel him in pain. Aelir took off then, hovering in the air. If you want you can come but I will not stay here any longer. He waited a moment for a reply.

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

January 14th, 2009, 1:25 am