It is currently April 23rd, 2018, 12:12 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Something unknown. 
RPG Team Head
RPG Team Head

Location: attending a pie-eating contest with the other aspiring evil overlords
Affiliation: Skulblakans
Dragon: Ardel
Post Re: Something unknown.
Phalynx listened carefully to what Aelir said, understanding Kernalin's need to protect their children. But perhaps he had overstimated his abilities going into this. And they certainly couldn't wait around any longer if Aelir sensed Keralin in danger.

Phal nodded. Let's go then! If Keralin's in danger then we should of course help him, she said eagerly, pulling in behind Aelir to allow him to lead the way. Why did he want you to stay outside? she asked him, wondering why Keralin would not bring his dragon to help.

****Phalynx**Solarae**Rigel**Alna'ir**Sirius**Ecco**Temias**Kalo****

And I'm watching out for your charries, ILS.
*****Faefnir***Navarre***Rimfax*****

January 14th, 2009, 1:41 am
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Location: the net of love, the whirlwind of passion, the heat of a soccer game, or partying.
Affiliation: Dragonriders
Zeta stepped back a little as the shards pierced the beast and eventually killed it, then crouched down and tried to regain his breath on his knees. He felt extremely tired, and he was not sure there was much he could do about it in a place like this. It made him feel slightly vulnerable. He looked at Keralin, who seemed even more drained, but his own tiredness kept him from thinking of a solution.

January 14th, 2009, 5:05 pm
RPG Team
RPG Team

Location: Australia, waiting in the sun with my dragon, Aeraldi, for when we are needed
Affiliation: Shades
Dragon: Aelir
"At least I have my magic back." Keralin said with a smile on his face. He was starting to feel a little better but he still was unarmed which made him a little nervous. As he stared at the ceiling from his back he noticed something he had not before, something that did not belong. When he focused harder he finally know what it was he was looking at. He lifted his hand to point at the object hanging from the ceiling, a stone protruding from the roof that didn't fit with the pattern the rest of the roof was made from. In fact it seemed to be hanging through the ceiling, then the realisation hit him like a splash of water. "It's an illusion! This whole place is an illusion!"

Aelir flew hard and thought about Phalynx's question, Keralin said the inhabitants weren't fan's of dragons and might not accept his presence. Thinking on it again he noticed a curious tone to his voice, almost as if...
He wanted to keep me safe, he knew this place was dangerous and he didn't want me hurt. He projected his thoughts to Phalynx and searched the ground for his rider. That was when he realised he could barely sense his rider anymore and the connection wasn't getting any better the closer he flew.
I can't sense him, I can't sense anyone down there! Where is he?! His head jerked around the plains and he ended up doing a full circle before continuing on, everything looked the same though he knew that he was in the area that Keralin had entered.

Hayren and Taliear
Aeraldi, (And Aeraldi's past)
Polaris and Saiph
Nilarek, (And Nilarek's newest host)
Legion
Kharsin

January 17th, 2009, 5:47 am
RPG Team Head
RPG Team Head

Phal was concerned, but not surprised, at what Aelir projected at her. Hm. Knew it must be something like that, she thought to herself. She stayed behind and slightly above Aelir as he circled around, looking for a way to enter. Phal decided to help out. She used her sight to examine the area.

Phal reeled backwards as if hit by a rock, crying out. Her head pounded. When she had looked with her magic vision, the tangle of magic had been so jumbled and confused that it had literally hurt to look at, and it was all around them, swirling and convulsing and almost attacking them. Ow... she said, rubbing her head on a foreclaw.

January 19th, 2009, 3:19 am
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Location: the net of love, the whirlwind of passion, the heat of a soccer game, or partying.
Zeta looked at the rock that had caught Keralin's eye. It was true, and there seemed to be no other sensible explanation. "So where exactly are we then? Open ground?" he asked.

OOC- short.

January 20th, 2009, 4:59 pm
RPG Team
RPG Team

Location: Australia, waiting in the sun with my dragon, Aeraldi, for when we are needed
Keralin answered slowly, "If we are then I couldn't say, that's the problem with illusions. You may know they're fake but you still can't know where you are." Keralin then had a thought. "Wait a minute." He got up to his feet and felt down his sides, running his hand across the space where his sword would be. He knew the illusion wouldn't alow him to feel it but it wouldn't stop the fact that something was there. He found his hand jammed between his hip and something on the outside of it. When he tried to push further down his hand wouldn't move. He laughed at the irony. "Well, for one thing we don't have to look for my swords anymore. I've had them all the time, but that's not the only good news. Since they aren't a part of the illusion they won't be affected by the illusion, which means that they'll only hit something that is real." Keralin shifted his position and closed his eyes. He measured out his feet and put his hands to his chest, thumbs at the shoulders and middle finger in the center of his chest. Using a measured movement, Keralin shifted his hands to where his swords would be and grasped them. Although his hands seemed to be empty they were still grasping something unseen.
"Sometimes, when I do that, I can almost feel the swords as if they were part of my body. I'll not lose these again." He drew the swords and made a horizontal circle around him. Immediately they encountered resistance, bouncing off a wall though not the wall they were seeing. He made the same circle vertically, seeming to trace everything around him. When he opened his eyes he said calmly, "It's a cave. We're inside a cave."

Aelir looked at Phalynx as she cried out, when she rubbed her face with her claw Aelir asked, "What wrong? What did you see?"

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

January 21st, 2009, 6:27 am
RPG Team Head
RPG Team Head

Phal shook her head, clearing it. Ugh. The magic of that place is all tangled and knotted up. It hurts to look at, she said, answering Aelir. She hovered more calmly now, her headache dissipating. I'll try again, but this time with a little more reserve, she said, laughing at herself. She realized that she had opened herself up to the sight far too quickly. This could be an important lesson for later use.

Phal slowly and gradually began to examine the area again with her magic vision. This time, the appearing shapes seemed to have more order, though it was strange how much they contrasted with the actual land. Phal concentrated, looking for anything of interest.

January 21st, 2009, 6:53 am
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Zeta let out a deep breath. He felt slightly more free now that he knew more of what was going on, like the tunnels had opened up to reveal a beatiful landscape bathed in sunlight. "Good. Do you think you could lead us out of here now?" he asked.

January 21st, 2009, 5:02 pm
RPG Team
RPG Team

"Maybe, the unfortunate part about illusions is that although you may know its an illusion it still clouds your vision. We need to find what is casting the spell and how to destroy it. If it's a person then we might get away with 'adjusting' his ways." He hated the sounds of the words but he knew he would see his son again no matter the cost. "I can trace the walls with my blades and hope that I can find a way out where we cannot see but that does not help anyway. This," Keralin hit the wall with his fist, "is one of the most complex illusions I have ever faced. It feels real enough that I cannot move through it even if I wanted."
Not to mention that I can't feel any magic outside of it. He thought to himself, not wanting to be rid of all hope. What, in the name of the great dragon, are we supposed to do?

Really? Aelir said, having an idea of his own. Then hold still, I'll show Keralin the way home. He breathed in an immense breath, as large as he could manage and breathed fire at the ground, roaring as loud as he could at the same time. He hoped Keralin would hear him or at least feel the heat of his flame.

Keralin could feel a pressure build in his hears, something loud yet not unpleasant. At least, that what he would have said if he could hear anything outside of the walls. The buildup of heat was so slight that Keralin almost missed it. "Zeta, was it day or night when you came here?" Keralin asked.

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

January 23rd, 2009, 1:04 am
RPG Team Head
RPG Team Head

Phal watched Aelir curiously as he told her to stay still. She hovered silently in the air, beating her wings in a continuous rythem. She noted Aelir's attempt at communication with interest. I hope that works, she said, Hopefully if Keralin senses any of that, he'll know it's you.

Phal continued to look at the strange place. As she looked closer, she noticed that the magic seemed to have an organized shape completely juxtaposing the real structures. It seemed that there was an extensive illusion at work. Phal concentrated harder, her eyes straining. She would need all of her concentration if she wanted to crack this magical code. It was an interesting challenge. Even if Aelir did succeed in bringing Keralin out, Phal wanted to try to see this place as it truly was.

Phalynx noticed an orange-ish glow, appearing and blinking out almost too fast for her to see. Was that him? she wondered, moving around a little to try to see it again.

January 23rd, 2009, 3:37 am
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Zeta almost laughed as he realized that he had almost forgotten what time of day it had been. "It was night, unless that was an illusion too. Why?" he asked.

OOC- short

January 23rd, 2009, 4:56 pm
RPG Team
RPG Team

Keralin sighed a deafeated sigh, "I don't think that would be an illusion. I could feel a little more heat than usual, but if what you said was true then it would be daybreak at this time." Keralin walked forwards, dragging his swords on either side of the walls around him. His touch became so sensitive that he could feel every nook in the walls around him, the swords almost becoming a part of his arms. He lost concentration on the illusion to give himself to the reality of his extended arms. It was a shock to him to discover than suddenly he could not feel the walls anymore. He stopped immediately and retraced his steps. He could feel the walls when he went back but ahead he could feel nothing. "Zeta, we're either outside or in a cavern. I can't tell with the use of my swords." He opened his eyes and put away his swords without even thinking about it, like so many times before. There was indeed a room, something different to the endless corridor that was his world before. After he got no response from Zeta he turned to face him, "Zeta?" He saw solid wall behind him. He put out his hand to touch the wall expecting it to pass right through. When he touched wall he tried another approach, he shouted at the wall hoping to get through to Zeta.
"Zeta! It's not real, know in your mind it isn't real!" He only knew how he had passed through the wall and not how anyone else could.

Aelir ran out of breath for the third time and gave up as he could no longer sustain the flame for so long. Please tell me you have an idea of how to find him. He pleaded with Phalynx. I'm out of ideas. He was ashamed to say.

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

January 24th, 2009, 12:10 pm
RPG Team Head
RPG Team Head

Phalynx thought as she continued to examine the construction. I do have an idea, but it will take a little more time, and great concentration. There is a heavy illusion cast over this entire place, and I'm trying to see the entire illusion and the real things. It'll take a while before I can completely make sense of everything and then find a way in and out, she said.

Phal scoured the land, sorting out all of the magic swirling chaotically about into some kind of pattern, and then examining the real land beneath it. Slowly, shapes, halls, and doors began to form. The details were coming in fuzzy, but they were coming in. Phal then looked at the real caves and tunnels, looking for a way to enter. I have to sort out this environment before I can look for Keralin. Just a little more, and we'll have an entrance point, she said.

Phal concentrated with all her strength. She needed to keep the entire illusion, as well as the layout of the real tunnels, stored in her mind. Eventually, she began to see the smaller shapes, such as shelves and tables, and then even smaller objects took form. Alright, I can see the illusion completely. Now I need to find a way to actually get inside. Hopefully there'll be one big enough for us, she noted to Aelir. She was getting close, but she still needed to find an entrance!

January 26th, 2009, 2:16 am
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Zeta looked down at the ground. He hated knowing that it was not real. It made him feel strangely suffocated, compressed. Then, when he looked up, there was no one in front of him. He looked around but could not see Keralin. "Keralin!" he shouted. "Where are you?" No response. He kept on walking straight foward, keeping in mind that everything he saw was not real. He was not sure what this would lead to, but he just walked.

January 26th, 2009, 5:50 pm
RPG Team
RPG Team

Keralin had to jump back as Zeta came through the seemingly solid wall, but once he was all the way through he sighed relief.
"Good, we may just be on our way out of nowhere." Keralin said, studying the room. As he looked he suddenly felt fear, the fear that had come from his first encounter.
"Zeta, do you pray?" He asked. "I do, in my own way. I have survived situations which should have killed me a long time ago." He looked at Zeta, "I don't feel the same as I did then."

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

January 28th, 2009, 11:33 am