It is currently April 23rd, 2018, 12:15 am

All times are UTC

Shadow of a man 
RPG Team
RPG Team

Location: Australia, waiting in the sun with my dragon, Aeraldi, for when we are needed
Affiliation: Shades
Dragon: Aelir
Post Shadow of a man
OOC: To any who want to join, just know that there is a plan for this thread which cannot be stopped. I thought about writing this in Fan-fic, but I thought it better if someone were around for it.

The ground beneath him made a crunching sound as he walked over the ashes of a recently burnt house. It wasn't a very large house, though the occupants hadn't had time to escape. Or they couldn't. Ret thought as he saw the group of bones in one corner of the house. There were enough for two adults and a child, though some of the bones were out-right missing. Incinerated by the fire.
I'll find you yet, I'm getting closer. Ret thought as he moved away from the ashes, following a path of destruction and magic, a kind of which he had never known before. A kind far more powerful than his own.
What kind of monster would do that to a family?
Mor'ranr woke up from his slumber in his Eldunari, sensing the mood of his once rider. A monster that is beyond our understanding, a monster that will only accept death.
Ret nodded his head, Then death is something I will happily give him. He walked as he was only able to follow the magic when he could take time to sense where it went.
Something burst out of the ground, grabbing Ret's foot and crushing it beneath it's fingers. Ret immediately sent tendrils of magic at it, twisting the hand so that it's fingers were bend back at an unnatural angle, and stepped back from where the ground disturbed. It was only a hand, but it was still alive!
What kind of magic can do this to a man!? Ret thought panicked. He didn't see the club of the other man behind him until it slammed into his head. It hurt to no end, but he wasn't unconscious.
Ret accessed the magic again, creating as much fire as he could in a circle around him. He was using his energy up quickly, but he couldn't afford to let it go just yet. He couldn't see and he couldn't stand. He inspected his hand as he brought it away from his head, seeing a smear of red but no hand. Everything was blurry. What was attacking him and from where? He wished he could see.

Hayren and Taliear
Aeraldi, (And Aeraldi's past)
Polaris and Saiph
Nilarek, (And Nilarek's newest host)
Legion
Kharsin

March 17th, 2010, 11:07 pm
Sovereign DragonRider
Sovereign DragonRider

Affiliation: Werecats
Post Re: Shadow of a man
OOC: May I join with Voenth and Bascth?

Good:
Rema Sera Sarah & Voenth & Braith Anthor & Gornath Ranog & Urson Zelyts
Bad:
Nidhog Arnon & Tamar
Neutral:
Eschelon Herensuge Serena

March 18th, 2010, 12:28 am
RPG Team
RPG Team

Location: Australia, waiting in the sun with my dragon, Aeraldi, for when we are needed
OOC: Sure you can, it's open to anyone.

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

March 18th, 2010, 2:58 am
Sovereign DragonRider
Sovereign DragonRider

OOC: Thanks.

IC:
Voenth walked silently through the forest (I presume) toward the place where smoke had been seen by both he, and Bascth a day earlier. The elf walked at a relatively quick pace, not fast enough to be a run, but not slow enough to be a walk. The elf was in the area simply enjoying nature, when he had seen the fire, and both he and Bascth had felt duty bound to help whoever it was, though by this time, there were likely no survivors. The two came across an odd sigh when they saw a man bent over, close to the ashes of the home, with another man, who seemed to be swinging a club at the man. Voenth yelled, and the turned toward him and pointed, however he moved a few pacees away from the man on the ground. Then the man laughed evily. The elf did not care about the man, or whatever was wrong with it, only the man who was hurt. He said, "Let me help you, I am Voenth." said the elf as he was forced away from the man by the ring of fire.

Once they were close, Bascth said to Voenth, That man has an eldunari with him. I will try to make contact with it. Bascth placed his consciousness near that of the other eldunari in a very gentle way so as not to provoke a mental attack from the other and said, Brother, be still, I am Bascth previous dragon of Voenth before the forsworn killed my physical body. Let us help you, and your friend, something odd is happening here.

OOC: IDK what you want to do with the man, but if it is a physical man, let me know and I will edit.

Good:
Bad:
Nidhog Arnon & Tamar
Neutral:

Last edited by voenth on March 19th, 2010, 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 18th, 2010, 10:30 pm
RPG Team
RPG Team

OOC: It was a Man corrupted by the Shadow Realm.

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

March 19th, 2010, 1:11 am
Sovereign DragonRider
Sovereign DragonRider

OOC: So, does that mean I need to edit, or?

Good:
Bad:
Nidhog Arnon & Tamar
Neutral:

March 19th, 2010, 12:23 pm
RPG Team
RPG Team

OOC: sorry, but it does. Just a normal man that's been corrupted and was attacking Ret.

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

March 19th, 2010, 9:18 pm
Sovereign DragonRider
Sovereign DragonRider

OOC: I edited.

Good:
Bad:
Nidhog Arnon & Tamar
Neutral:

March 19th, 2010, 10:47 pm
RPG Team
RPG Team

OOC: Thank you.

Don't come closer! Mor'ranr warned Bascth, Ret is disorientated and cannot see straight, if he spots you before he comes to his senses he will kill you!

Ret kept the fire up for as long as he could, though the amount of energy it was draining from him was increasing. He couldn't tell if he was increasing the fire or what, things weren't straight, nothing was making sense. He knew he had to cut off the magic soon, but he couldn't tell how much energy he had expended or how much he had left. Things were swimming in his head, even the presence of Mor'ranr was blurred and distorted.

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

March 22nd, 2010, 11:37 pm
Sovereign DragonRider
Sovereign DragonRider

Voenth looked at the man on the ground and said it again. Then he looked at the man who had a large club in his hand. The elf drew Let'hjartha and said, "Back off ... NOW!" and looked at the man thrateningly. He held his rider's blade at the ready, he would not attack though, until either the man with the club attacked, or if he found out who had burned the home.

Bascth listened to the warning and warned Voenth, however the elf still stayed close to the man.

Good:
Bad:
Nidhog Arnon & Tamar
Neutral:

March 23rd, 2010, 12:04 am
RPG Team
RPG Team

Ret's world was spinning far too fast and far too erratically for Ret to be able to concentrate anymore. His stomach was threatening to show just what it had done to Ret's lunch and the magic was threatening to loose from Ret's grip. There was no telling what could happen if he held onto it while in this state.
Let go Ret, there are friends here who will help!
The words, they sounded familiar, the voice... his own? No. Mor'ranr.
Ret reluctantly let go of the magic, though the feeling of it leaving him was enough to make him lose control of his stomach. He retched on the ground, the fire dissipating into nothing but a ring of ash where the fire touched.
Kill him! Mor'ranr said to Bascth, He isn't human, kill him!

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

March 24th, 2010, 11:04 pm
Sovereign DragonRider
Sovereign DragonRider

OOC: Do I actually kill him, or just try, and the man is the enemy throughout the story?

IC:
Bascth glowed faintly as Mor'ranr gave him the "go ahead". He said to Voenth, Use my strength and destroy that man. He is evil!

Voenth yelled angrily and leapt through the air at the man. He swunf Let'hjartha powerfully at the man's head in an attempt to behead the man, however, the man was stifter than Voenth had thought and he easilly dodged the sword. He laughed crazily and swung his club at Voenth. The elf only barely managed to stop the blow from hitting him with the full force, and was able to leave the eschange of attacks with only a large bruise on his chest. The elf panted. The fight was much tougher than he thought. He growled angrily and then drew Rathur'gata. He yelled once more and charged at the man.

Good:
Bad:
Nidhog Arnon & Tamar
Neutral:

March 25th, 2010, 12:46 am
RPG Team
RPG Team

OOC: He's not important, just the start-off point. I'll have Ret explain things to you in the next post.

Things began to clear up and he wished fervently he had the ability to heal with his magic. Mor'ranr and told him to learn it what seems like an eon ago, but he stubbornly refused saying that the words were all he needed to know.
Mor'ranr? He called out in his mind, the world beginning to make sense again.
Ret! Mor'ranr said happily, You're ok, the one that hit you will die soon. I hope... A feeling of uneasiness crept along their bond.

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

March 25th, 2010, 1:10 am
Sovereign DragonRider
Sovereign DragonRider

Voenth swung the blades, as if they were parts of his arms. He was swifter than most any other swordsman alive, however the man was blocking his every blow, then finally with one sharp crack! the man's club snapped in half due to the power behind the sword blows. Voenth then said, "I need your strength now Bascth!" and felt the strength of the eldunari flow through him. He yelled at the man who now had fear in his eyes. The elf then lost his control, but only momentarily. He charged the man and sliced his head off, as well as the man's arm, which was still holdign the broken handle of the club.

Good:
Bad:
Nidhog Arnon & Tamar
Neutral:

March 26th, 2010, 12:10 am
RPG Team
RPG Team

Ret started to stand but the dizziness that accompanied a concussion brought him back to his knees and made him purge what was left in his stomach. He had to admit though he felt better after that.
Can you understand me now Ret? Mor'ranr asked, keeping his mind open to sense the other two.
Yes... Just.
There is another person here with an Eldunari, I've made contact and asked for their help in killing the one that attacked you. Don't feel bad about it, he wasn't human and the hand that distracted you was moving by unnatural means.
I... understand. Ret had no clue what was going on.
You'll be fine, try talking. The man is called Voenth.
Ret started to speak, his throat still tender from the vomit. "Voenth... What do I owe you for this assistance?"

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

March 26th, 2010, 3:38 am