It is currently April 23rd, 2018, 12:14 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Shadow of a man 
RPG Team
RPG Team

Location: Australia, waiting in the sun with my dragon, Aeraldi, for when we are needed
Affiliation: Shades
Dragon: Aelir
Post Re: Shadow of a man
OOC: I'm not sure, I think so too though.

Hayren and Taliear
Aeraldi, (And Aeraldi's past)
Polaris and Saiph
Nilarek, (And Nilarek's newest host)
Legion
Kharsin

April 18th, 2010, 7:55 pm
Sovereign DragonRider
Sovereign DragonRider

Affiliation: Werecats
OOC: As EPIC RPGer, and you beign RPG Team Head, I now, whether it is true or not say, "Voenth has fought Nilarek!" there, now its officially official, lol.

IC:
Voenth gasped when he saw Nilarek. His face contorted into an angry snarl and said, "Hah! You will kill me, it did not work the last time you said that, and well, it never worked with Keralin did it you sorry excuse for a shade!" said the elf angrily as he tightened his grip Let'Hjartha and Rathru'Gata. He was ready for a fight with the evil shade, and if he could, would rid the world of the monster for good. His eyes locked with Nilarek and Voenth said, "Go on, I dare you, I am not the elf you once fought. I have learned more, I have learned the secrets of the Deep Magic."

Bascth glowed blindingly bright when Voenth said that it was Nilarek. He said, Voenth! Do not tell him any more, if he finds out, he will go after Eschelon and if Eschelon loses, one of the most powerful weapons in all the world will be under his power!

Good:
Rema Sera Sarah & Voenth & Braith Anthor & Gornath Ranog & Urson Zelyts
Bad:
Nidhog Arnon & Tamar
Neutral:
Eschelon Herensuge Serena

April 18th, 2010, 8:45 pm
RPG Team
RPG Team

Location: Australia, waiting in the sun with my dragon, Aeraldi, for when we are needed
OOC: Lol, I accept that statement as the Head of RPG Team. Now, where were we?

Nilarek bore the insults of the mortal in front of him with what dignity he could muster. It was unfortunate that he was speaking the truth, but then he revealed something. "Deep magic now?" Nilarek said interested. "I know my failures, those being that I was much less... Informed. I think I will fight you, I must know your Deep magic. Minions, enjoy the new spirits I give to you now." Nilarek extended his arms and raised his head to the skies. From him, fourteen spirits, all colored black, sprang forth and entered fourteen different townspeople. The change was instantaneous, their hair turned pitch black and their skin turned pale.
When it was done, Nilarek sank to the ground and lifted himself up again. "The rest of you, I need more."

Ret felt the perversion of magic from each of the spirits and felt even more of the Shadow Energy that Nilarek now channeled. He was calling something, though Ret couldn't tell what. The fourteen shades then came running at Voenth and Ret.
"I will kill you for what you've done." He said to himself, a promise. "Voenth, let's show him how strong we truly are."
Ret drew upon the flow of magic, streaming it into his body and out via the silent spells he had trained himself to cast. One Shade instantly exploded, the forces keeping it together broken.

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

April 23rd, 2010, 5:22 am
Sovereign DragonRider
Sovereign DragonRider

Voenth smiled at Ret and said, "With pleasure." and began to silently move toward the remaining shades. He moved with all the grace of his kind and was nigh untouchable as he danced past the blades and blows of his enemies. He sneered at their futile attempts to harm him, but cursed when he realized that he had become overconfident. One of the shades had managed to cut through his chain mail on the back of his arm, and hot blood now stained his stark white cloak. He sneered angrily and ran the unlucky shade through with Let'hjartha.

Good:
Bad:
Nidhog Arnon & Tamar
Neutral:

April 24th, 2010, 2:00 pm
RPG Team
RPG Team

The people of the town were chanting now, the flow of magic coursing through them all, calling. When the first bright colored speck appeared on the horizon, Ret knew what it was that he was calling. He wished he was good with a sword, then pushed the thoughts aside as he scorched another shade to a crisp and moved to avoid being slashed by their claws.
"Spirits are coming! He's calling for more!" Ret called to Voenth, absorbed within his own battle. That was when Ret came up with an idea.
He reached his magic into one of the shades and gripped it's heart tightly, then pulled it from the shade's chest.

Nilarek was losing Shades, he didn't have much time. He seriously underestimated the two, the balding half-human with his magical power and the Elf. Shades had their uses, but the corruption required to turn them was tricky. Maybe he could even the playing field while waiting?
Shades, use your power to hold yourself off the ground.
He turned his corrupted power to the ground, forcing it to shake. Hopefully that would throw them off.

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

April 26th, 2010, 5:24 am
Sovereign DragonRider
Sovereign DragonRider

Voenth was knocked to the ground when it began to shake and move underneath him. He cursed his foolishness, and then stood up, albeit wobbly. He looked at Nilarek and casted a powerful spell of hiw own. The fire caused by the magic wound its way through the shades and went straight toward the shade. It was time for him to die! Then the elf turned his attention to the remaining nine shades. He yelled and leapt upon one, tackling it to the ground, but the shade was as strong as the elf, they began to wrestle along the ground.

Good:
Bad:
Nidhog Arnon & Tamar
Neutral:

April 27th, 2010, 1:34 am
RPG Team
RPG Team

Nilarek saw the ball of fire coming towards him and realized that his own attack had left him without a method of dodging. He braced himself for the hit and hoped that the attack wouldn't destroy his body as he hated needing to reassemble himself. The fireball hit him squarely, the fire melting over his body and frying his flesh....
But he survived. He could continue to fight with a damaged body, but the fact that the Elf had actually hit him was infuriating. Not to mention he lost control of the spell.

Ret kept himself moving quickly with the aid of magic, wishing once again that he carried a sword. He wove hid magic around the heart of another shade, tearing it out of it's chest. Unfortunately the shade disappeared and reappeared not far from where they fought. He had to be rid of these shades without losing too much of his energy, Nilarek still stood.

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

May 5th, 2010, 7:25 am
Sovereign DragonRider
Sovereign DragonRider

Voenth smirked at the shade as the trembling of the earth stopped and his fire hit the shade and caused obvious pain. However, his satisfaction was short lived as he was hurled by the powerful arms of one of the lesser shades into the nearest house, and nearly through the wall. The elf stood up shakily and managed to gain his balance after a second or two. He glared at the shade and began to hobble toward it. The shade grinned evily at Voenth, knowing that he had hurt the elf pretty badly when he had thrown it into the wall. The shade began to advance, its naked blade gleaming dully in the sunshine.

Good:
Bad:
Nidhog Arnon & Tamar
Neutral:

May 7th, 2010, 2:55 pm
RPG Team
RPG Team

While Ret dodged, Mor'ranr thought and supplied strength. Ret, instead go for the spirits inside the shade.
Ret heard and gave it a try, sending out tendrils of magic to the Shade which swung it's clawed hand at Ret's face. He seized the Spirit inhabiting the poor man and tugged at the magical bonds which kept it bound.
There, something in the corner of his thoughts, something that warned him to cut off the magic immediately. Ret ignored it, focusing on killing this shade some way or the other. A chill went down the cord of magic before Ret saw what was about to happen. Ret saw the darkness wrap around his magic and slide it's way towards him. He cut off the magic as quickly as he could, the darkness stopping as it hit the gap between itself and Ret. Ret saw the last mental attack the darkness tried to throw at him, a small speck of darkness that consumed itself within flight, heading straight for his mind. Ret then did something he hadn't done in years, force the magic to obey his commands.
The magic coalesced in front of the speck, pushing the speck away from him. The reaction of that much magic in the world in which they stood, exploded outwards violently and left the air cackling with energy. Ret and the shade that stood next to him were thrown as easily as spears and nearly as far.

Nilarek, while healing himself, watched the fight between the shades and the two mortals. He smiled at the fact that Voenth was getting the punishment he deserved for stranding against him. His eyes flickered over to Ret and the Shade attacking him in time to see the Shade swipe at Ret then, almost immediately, explode away from each other. Nilarek could easily feel the ripples of magic from that explosion, he would have bet that the lowest spell caster would have felt it, which meant that that explosion was one of pure magic. Nilarek suddenly felt fear, that human wasn't one to be taken lightly.

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

May 9th, 2010, 12:07 pm
Sovereign DragonRider
Sovereign DragonRider

Voenth continued to walk/stumble toward the dark being, when the lesser shade seemingly dissappeared, however this was not so. It was simply using its super-human speed to try to kill the elf. Voenth however was a experienced fighter and was ready for the slash at an instant. He parried the blade of the shade and swung his own blades which only sliced through air as the shade had sped away out of blade range. The shade sneered at Voenth and laughingly said, "I am far too fast for you. My bretherin and I all have our specialties, and mine is speed." Voenth only laughed and said, "That is funny because, your speed will mean nothing if you cannot run." then casted a spell that Bascth had been storing energy for. The shade's arms and legs were clamped tightly to its sides. Voenth then ran forward and skewered the shade on Let'Hjartha. He said, "Back to the depths with you, monster."

Good:
Bad:
Nidhog Arnon & Tamar
Neutral:

May 9th, 2010, 7:34 pm
RPG Team
RPG Team

This one needs further planning. Nilarek thought, the amount of energy released from the tiny blast still sending ripples through the fabric of magic. Luckily for him, the spirits that the townspeople had called had finally come. As the spirits were trapped within the people who had called them, Nilarek took a few of them for himself.
"I underestimated both of you, but next time I will kill you." With that, Nilarek began his transformation into pure shadow and before long was shooting away at speeds unknown. The other Shades moving off to follow in his wake. They gave one last look at the two warriors before stalking off.

Ret struggled to rise, the amount of energy required to cast a spell of that magnitude had taken most of his strength.
Take my strength, Nilarek is gone and you do not need my strength to help defeat him now. Mor'ranr said, giving Ret everything he had. The rush of energy into Ret caught him by surprise, but it came just in time as the second Shade brought it's claw down into the dirt near Ret's face. Ret rolled twice before coming to his feet, using magic to help balance him.
"That's it, I've had enough of this toying around!" Ret pulled the dirt from under his feet, pushing it together until it was harder than most steel and pushed it through the nearest Shade's heart. The Shade convulsed once before bursting, the Shade finally defeated.
Six more. I just need to hold out for that long.

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

May 27th, 2010, 11:14 am
Sovereign DragonRider
Sovereign DragonRider

Voenth's words suddenly turned to a growl as the elf morphed into a large silverfurred wolf. He howled powerfully and took off after the remaining shades. He leapt into the air and onto one of the shades, but it managed to free itself by blocking Voenth's vision with its hands as the wolf went for its heart. Voenth growled and then whimpered in pain as the bladeof the shade cut into his side. Blood poured from his side, staining his bright silver fur a deep crimson. The blade had gone to the bone and Voenth howled in pain.

Good:
Bad:
Nidhog Arnon & Tamar
Neutral:

May 28th, 2010, 8:57 pm
RPG Team
RPG Team

Ret heard the scream from Voenth, adrenaline now pumping through his body. He knew the wolf to be Voenth because of the familiar resonance of his magic, he had to do something to help him, help them all.
"Enough!" He dug deep, fueling the spell that would definitely eradicate them all but leave him drained once again.
The ground shook as he compressed it into a near-diamond hard substance and formed a spear smaller than a stick. It used up most of his energy, but the next part would use near nothing. He erupted it from the ground into the heart of the closest shade, then the next and the next until there were only two left. The one attacking Voenth and the one that tried to run.
Ret pulled the spear from the ground and held it in his hand, it shone like the scales of a dragon and had a malevolence around it. He then threw the spear and, guided by magic, struck the last shade in the chest. The Shade was pinned the the ground for a moment before finally dissipating. Ret collapsed to the ground, all his energy spent as well as Mor'ranr's. He breathed heavily, finding it hard to keep his eyes open.
"It's all you now." He whispered before falling to the ground unconscious.

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

June 1st, 2010, 9:48 am
Sovereign DragonRider
Sovereign DragonRider

Voenth growled and finished the shade with a powerful bite to its chest, which punctured its heart. He limped over to Ret and growled, using his mind to communicate with Mor'ranr and Bascth. He said, We are safe for now, use your minds to find the closest place where we can rest in peace, and where I can heal this cut. It isn't deadly, but hurts like hell. So, can you two do that?

Good:
Bad:
Nidhog Arnon & Tamar
Neutral:

June 2nd, 2010, 12:24 am
RPG Team
RPG Team

Sure thing. Mor'ranr said before searching out with his mind, trying to find a place where no being would harm them. There was nothing around though, Nilarek had taken all the life from the area and the only place that had any shelter was the town. Mor'ranr still didn't like the feel of it, the twisted energies lingering.
All I see is death, if there are any trees or caves around, I can't see them. I'm sorry. Mor'ranr hated being useless, which he felt more and more of each day since losing his body. I can wake Ret, but he will be intensely weak. Not much more than a normal human with no training. Mor'ranr fed what little energy he had left into Ret, his Eldunari growing dark. He left a message with the energy, telling Ret what had transpired.
Ret suddenly breathed in deeply, coughing from the dust that drifted into his throat when he fell. He saw a wolf standing over him when he awoke and was about to run when he realized who it was.
"Voenth." His voice was raspy, coming in jagged breaths. "Mor'ranr filled me in." He pointed to a group of trees behind them. "Those trees. They may be dead and falling to pieces, but it's the safest place that's around here." Ret stood clumsily to his feet, swaying slightly as he rose to full height. "Let's go." He said, walking towards the only shelter available.

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

June 2nd, 2010, 6:20 am