It is currently October 19th, 2018, 7:04 pm

All times are UTC





Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Least Favorite Character 
Author Message
New DragonRider
New DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: August 27th, 2010, 8:13 am
Posts: 319
Location: Sweden
Gender: Guy
Affiliation: Elves
Post Re: Least Favorite Character
gomenesigh wrote:
So basically it is exactly what I said. I perceived her differently than you and that makes me ignorant.

No. You are ignorant because you ignore things when you judge. It is really that simple.

_________________
LFG! Every one should read it! Even you!
http://lfgcomic.com/page/1
Richard for ever! <3
Image


February 1st, 2011, 10:01 pm
Profile
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: December 6th, 2009, 1:55 am
Posts: 2303
Location: Tx
Gender: Girl
Affiliation: Werecats
Post Re: Least Favorite Character
No I do not ignore things when I judge and I'm tired of you and your attitude. No moderator on the site ever stops you from insulting whoever you want and it is really pathetic. You have given your points for why you like Arya and why you think I am wrong. I could not care less. I have given my OPINION for why I do not like her. I am not wrong because it is an OPINION and they can't be wrong. Just because you don't like that I don't like her gives you a right to call me stupid.

_________________
Saphi Laana Draerr Brilyn
Nems Devitria Nemaera


February 1st, 2011, 10:28 pm
Profile
New DragonRider
New DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: August 27th, 2010, 8:13 am
Posts: 319
Location: Sweden
Gender: Guy
Affiliation: Elves
Post Re: Least Favorite Character
gomenesigh wrote:
No I do not ignore things when I judge and I'm tired of you and your attitude.

lucky you that no one is forcing you to reply let alone read ^^

gomenesigh wrote:

No moderator on the site ever stops you from insulting whoever you want and it is really pathetic.

Don't drag the mods down. They are doing their job. They will warn me if I start to insult any one.

gomenesigh wrote:

You have given your points for why you like Arya and why you think I am wrong. I could not care less. I have given my OPINION for why I do not like her. I am not wrong because it is an OPINION and they can't be wrong.

*sigh* You are impossible.
But a question here then. When you judged Arya, what did you based that on?

gomenesigh wrote:

Just because you don't like that I don't like her gives you a right to call me stupid.

Now I am curious..... It seems like I forgot where I called you stupid.
Can you please be so kind an enlighten me in this matter?

_________________
LFG! Every one should read it! Even you!
http://lfgcomic.com/page/1
Richard for ever! <3
Image


February 1st, 2011, 11:24 pm
Profile
Cycle Moderator
Cycle Moderator
User avatar

Joined: October 31st, 2009, 5:11 pm
Posts: 1468
Gender: Girl
Affiliation: Werecats
Dragon: Scathlocke
Post Re: Least Favorite Character
Excuse me, you should both calm down a bit; no need to start getting rough in here. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and unless they say that they would like that opinion to be debated then there's no cause to argue them down about it.

Librarian: You do know your books, don't you? That's fantastic! However, it does look like you insulted Gomensigh; the offense has clearly been taken on their part. Most people don't enjoy being called ignorant, and some people don't care to base their opinion souly on what the book says. It's up to them how they form their own opinion based on how they feel about what the book says. Not that you should apologize for picking your views based on fact; that's your own choice. But it would be nice if you didn't call others ignorant because of the way they choose to think, do you get me?

Gomensigh: Have you ever reported the issue to anyone? A Private PM could generally work nicely, I think. Also, you mustn't forget that you were dishing out some flames, yourself: Arrogant and Rude being two of them. Not saying that you're wrong or right, just that maybe you were a little quick to parry.

Also, Librarian, in the beginning of the thread you said that you don't like Nasuada, that you can't stand her? Why would that be, exactly? (Not trying to start a second debate; I'm just curious) :)

The character that I like the least is Oromis. Simply because he creeps me out to no end and reminds me of Orca from Legend of Zelda the Wind waker. A creepy, bald Orca...also I really don't like Eragon himself all that much, for the reason of just plain not liking him. I also dislike Arya because, again, I just don't like her very much. She annoys me greatly.

Keep debating if you want to, but with claws sheathed, please; nobody wants to read a topic and find people fighting with each other; it's frightening. :)


February 13th, 2011, 5:33 pm
Profile
New DragonRider
New DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: August 27th, 2010, 8:13 am
Posts: 319
Location: Sweden
Gender: Guy
Affiliation: Elves
Post Re: Least Favorite Character
Curfewdawn wrote:

Librarian: You do know your books, don't you? That's fantastic! However, it does look like you insulted Gomensigh; the offense has clearly been taken on their part.

It depends on how you see it. Ignorant is not an insult in my eyes. It is a fact.

Curfewdawn wrote:

Most people don't enjoy being called ignorant, and some people don't care to base their opinion souly on what the book says. It's up to them how they form their own opinion based on how they feel about what the book says.

You can't base a discussion/argument on what persons like or want.
It's not a discussion if I go around and says that galby is a good guy because I think so, and then says that the fact doesn't matter because I don't agree with it. There is a difference between a discussion and an opinion.

Curfewdawn wrote:

Not that you should apologize for picking your views based on fact; that's your own choice. But it would be nice if you didn't call others ignorant because of the way they choose to think, do you get me?

I partly agree. I could have been more polite, but I stand for that you can't base you opinion on what you like in an argument. Because then it would not be a discussion and be more or less pointless.


Curfewdawn wrote:

Also, Librarian, in the beginning of the thread you said that you don't like Nasuada, that you can't stand her? Why would that be, exactly? (Not trying to start a second debate; I'm just curious) :)

I found her character utterly boring and her ego is to much. She often do things on her own and ignores that she isn't the only leader. Something that resulted a reaction from Orrin. By all rights. That she is young is not really an excuse. Because then she shouldn't be the one to lead the Varden. And I don't like the power she has. She alone controls the single handed most powerful person within the free races. In a way I don't even trust her =/

_________________
LFG! Every one should read it! Even you!
http://lfgcomic.com/page/1
Richard for ever! <3
Image


February 13th, 2011, 9:27 pm
Profile
Cycle Moderator
Cycle Moderator
User avatar

Joined: October 31st, 2009, 5:11 pm
Posts: 1468
Gender: Girl
Affiliation: Werecats
Dragon: Scathlocke
Post Re: Least Favorite Character
Some people also find things like idiot and nerf-herder to be facts, but that doesn't make them less insulting, Librarian. If it's saying that someone lacks intelligence, then it is indeed an insult. It's also suggesting that you know more than they do. Regardless of how much you know about the books, it's still not considered a respectful move to call someone something like ignorant.

And the purpose of this thread is to get an opinion; not discuss who's better than who. If you look at the title, all it does is ask a question. It's not asking you to do anything further than that, or argue with others about their own opinion on the matter.

That's a good point; trusting book characters in general tends to be a bad idea...they have a knack for doing unexpected things...


It doesn't really matter who's done what, as long as the discussion can continue without further fighting/arguing. There is a difference between a good debate and an outright argument.


February 13th, 2011, 9:45 pm
Profile
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: December 6th, 2009, 1:55 am
Posts: 2303
Location: Tx
Gender: Girl
Affiliation: Werecats
Post Re: Least Favorite Character
Yes it has been reported and I have talked to other mods about it which is exactly why I was so 'quick to parry.' He does petty insults like that every time I bring up how I don't like Arya simply because he is in love with her.

_________________
Saphi Laana Draerr Brilyn
Nems Devitria Nemaera


February 14th, 2011, 4:52 am
Profile
New DragonRider
New DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: August 27th, 2010, 8:13 am
Posts: 319
Location: Sweden
Gender: Guy
Affiliation: Elves
Post Re: Least Favorite Character
gomenesigh wrote:
He does petty insults like that every time I bring up how I don't like Arya simply because he is in love with her.

How wonderful..... Back to assumimg things again?
While Arya is my favorite charcter I do not "love" her. And I do not insult you because you think diffrent than I.

It's very simple actually. I call you after how you are acting. It's very fitting as well.

By going on what you like and ignore the fact I can pretty much say that Hitler was a really nice guys because I thinks so. While the facts says otherwise.... How cares about them? They are not important at all. What every single person thinks overrules the facts. No? Or how is it?

_________________
LFG! Every one should read it! Even you!
http://lfgcomic.com/page/1
Richard for ever! <3
Image


February 14th, 2011, 8:37 am
Profile
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: December 6th, 2009, 1:55 am
Posts: 2303
Location: Tx
Gender: Girl
Affiliation: Werecats
Post Re: Least Favorite Character
Ok you started all this crap. All I did was post in the section on this forum called Least favorite character that Arya is my least favorite character. And that's acting bad? Well excuse me for posting on the forum then. Coincidentally this thread isn't for you to come in and try to post facts about why people, according to you, have wrong opinions. This is supposed to be a forum and a thread where we can post our opinions. And the fact that a mod has told you to stop doing it makes it even more priceless that you are going to continue. You say you don't like Nasuada and I like her. So is that supposed to make you wrong? No. I could post quotes upon quotes that show just how magnificent of a person she is and an amazing leader but you would ignore them because you don't like her just like I ignore all of your pointless quotes about Arya because I really don't care about them. And to use something like Hitler as an example when we are talking about a fictional book and all this started simply because I don't like Arya. Well I can pull a crap example out too. Take any movie that is top in America or on some best seller list and take someone who happens to not like this movie. Does that make them wrong and make their opinion wrong because they don't like it? Apparently to you is does because being on these lists is a fact that it is good and that person is just stupid and ignorant for thinking otherwise.

So for real, just leave me alone. I am doing this in a thread so everyone know that I am doing it. I don't care that you love Arya and I don't care what you think of her. I am going to continue to dislike her and there is nothing you can say that is going to stop me. Stop commenting on my opinions and stop wearing down my posts. I am sufficiently done with you and do not want to partake any more debates with you. I'm done with you and you will be done with me.

_________________
Saphi Laana Draerr Brilyn
Nems Devitria Nemaera


February 14th, 2011, 6:02 pm
Profile
New DragonRider
New DragonRider
User avatar

Joined: August 27th, 2010, 8:13 am
Posts: 319
Location: Sweden
Gender: Guy
Affiliation: Elves
Post Re: Least Favorite Character
Fine by me then. Who needs a reason behind the opinions any way? <__<

_________________
LFG! Every one should read it! Even you!
http://lfgcomic.com/page/1
Richard for ever! <3
Image


February 14th, 2011, 6:07 pm
Profile
ROBOT KITTEN FOOD
ROBOT KITTEN FOOD
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2007, 2:53 pm
Posts: 5506
Location: I'm wherever you want me to be.
Gender: Girl
Affiliation: Elves
Dragon: Existiea
Post Re: Least Favorite Character

_________________


Good:
Caete
Niriz
Isabella & Nirexi
Ardyce & Existiae
Notus

Neutral:
Jo
Nirafe
Vinixia
Garm
Irina
Verdican

Evil:
Aescix
Soleil


February 14th, 2011, 6:10 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
cron
Copyright © 2004 - 2012 SaphiraForums - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin - Modified by SaphiraForums.
Privacy Policy