It is currently October 19th, 2018, 7:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Roads less traveled 
Cycle Moderator
Cycle Moderator

Affiliation: Dragonriders
Dragon: Melanthor
Post Re: Roads less traveled
OOC: Pass... Distractions >.<

Like the majestic dragon, Saphira, you are brave and ferocious in battle but also deep in ancient wisdom. You think before flying headfirst into battle. You prefer the solitude of the wilderness to the populated cities of Alagaesia.

SF Facebook

Raven & Oceanis, Tobias & Avalon, Taren, Valora, Liam, Aero, Arston & Arturos, Jason,
Lee & Melanthor, Silas, Asa & Naor, Darian, Illuna, Blake, Anastasia, Luka, Rok, Gwen, Ryker

There's no such thing as sane, we're all crazy.
Well hello Captain Obvious...Nice to meet you, I'm Lieutenant Sarcasm. >:)
Something here doesn't make sense. Let's go and poke it with a stick. - The Doctor

Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me while I'm cross!

May 21st, 2011, 2:15 am
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Affiliation: Skulblakans
Dragon: Faelia
Jia smiled at Blacknight warmly and then twisted her head around to look at Ameris. She gently nudged the hatchling with the tip of her snout, cautious to not knock the dragonet off her back. It is a pleasure, my dear Ameris. And your relation to Ebony would make you my niece, more or less. she purred, her teal-green eyes gleaming with warmth. As Horrin spoke to her she instantly bowed her head respectfully, although she could not actually see the source of his voice, and partially assumed that he was most likely within his Heart. She knew he was far older than her. She snorted quietly at his praise of her daughter but decided to remain silent. Sarai was brave, yes, blunt, yes, stubborn, lord alive yes. Wise? Perhaps, she allowed. Jia had never been a normal hatchling in maturity, nor had Zeke, and even Sarai herself, a few days after hatching even, had seemed more adult than youngling. She sighed and grimaced. I thank you. I apologize for my outburst. I fear what may happen if Shruikan ever finds her. I'm always reluctant to take my eyes away from her. she murmured quietly, speaking more to herself than to Horrin.

Neutral: Leanbrara Naixul Autarkeia Sevena Vena Kenai
Evil: Iaras Leurgan
I will watch over your charries too, Rathon.
Image Image

May 22nd, 2011, 5:20 am
Expert DragonRider
Expert DragonRider

Affiliation: Urgals
Elfrida noted that the tension between her and Zef was almost thick enough to be cut through with a knife. For a quick moment Elfrida considered allowing the essence of Darkness to have control long enough to deal with the shade, but quickly thought better of it. Elfrida would just stick to her own power for now, and not worry about what the consequences would be. Wordlessly Elfrida touched the power that belonged to her, and her alone. It felt different than the essence of Darkness, and different than the Other Voice… She could not identify what it truly was, or the element it was closest to, she could only feel the vastness of it, as if it could contain the entire universe plus some. Elfrida allowed Zef to feel a small amount of the power, though only a fragment. I will lose no battle. She replied to him coldly. I may choose to submit to one or the other willingly, but I will not lose.

Ameris curled up on Jia’s back, quite happy to have met more of her family. She looked at Sarai, and Aero. Are either of you two feeling hungry? she asked.

RP Characters:
Against Galbatorix: Renell and Random Freda Theron Ancell Anette Daris

Against Varden: Astrdell and Bjorn Alan Cor and Zoe Wulfe

Against Neither: Ryuu, Luca, and Altair Kelci Eliora Rianata Calantha Atlanta the Assassin Unknown and Nameless Dzroginion Morena Morwen Terra the Nutty Squirrell: This is my nut... Oh look! There's another one! IT's MINE! Leave it alone!

Against Both: Zylia Amarok Doubt Melantha Elfrida: Burn the Past, and be Free of it--Else you will hinder your life, and torment you daily. Can you live with that?

May 24th, 2011, 7:28 pm
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Zef felt Elfrida's power and a frown creased his face. He could not understand how if she held this much power why she had not forced those two into her will.
If you hold power like that and still allow this battle in your mind to rage then you are weak kid. You have no idea how to even fight this battle though do you?

If Horrin had a body he would have been nodding in agreement with Jia. She is something that is worth protecting. All of you are from my point of view. I see here the generation that will lead Alagaesia forward into a new time of glory. Horrin, if he could have, would be smiling at the whole group. Except Zef of course.

Occ: Sorry lame post by me^^

Orome,Zef Horrin
Rien,Esther

May 24th, 2011, 8:49 pm
Cycle Moderator
Cycle Moderator

Aero looked at Ameris and blinked in surprise as her stomach grumbled with hunger. "Haha, well I guess I am, though I could have sworn it wasn't that long since my last meal," she said with a smile. She walked around Antaris and opened her saddle bags. "Let's see here... I have some bread and a little dried meat. I could go hunting for some more meat and perhaps some fruit. Who wants to go with me?" she announced, eying the man in Orome's body and Elfrida. Privately she hoped they wouldn't want to come, even though that left most of the foraging and hunting up to her.

OOC: Rien, would you mind if I brought in Silas or Jason? :)

Like the majestic dragon, Saphira, you are brave and ferocious in battle but also deep in ancient wisdom. You think before flying headfirst into battle. You prefer the solitude of the wilderness to the populated cities of Alagaesia.

SF Facebook

Raven & Oceanis, Tobias & Avalon, Taren, Valora, Liam, Aero, Arston & Arturos, Jason,
Lee & Melanthor, Silas, Asa & Naor, Darian, Illuna, Blake, Anastasia, Luka, Rok, Gwen, Ryker

Something here doesn't make sense. Let's go and poke it with a stick. - The Doctor

May 25th, 2011, 6:26 pm
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Jia felt a warmth in her chest and prummed, dipping her head slightly at Horrin's words. Yes indeed, those here could do great things if they put their minds to it. She glanced back at Ameris, a tender rumble vibrating her chest. Another member of her family had been identified. She felt extremely happy about that. She would have to tell Felena that her daughter was faring well with Elfrida. She twisted her head around and gently nudged Ameris's shoulder. Your mother worries for you with the recent happenings. I will have to tell her that you are well to ease her fears. Or you could see her yourself. She is not too far, actually. she admitted.

- - - - - - - - - -

Sarai's stomach snarled angrily a moment after Ameris asked if she or Aero were hungry. She grinned sheepishly, then glanced sharply from Elfrida to Zef. She rolled her eyes at the two and stepped between them, her black-lined-with-gold bristling lightly. Would you two stop playing 'my horse is better than your horse' for crying out loud? It's honestly almost giving me a headache to feel so much magical strength, and I get irritable when I have a headache. I surprisingly haven't had one yet today, so please don't give me any more reason to bite both your heads off. she snapped. She never had been one to beat around the bush. She said what she wanted and meant it. She inherited that from her father. She turned back to Ameris and smiled, her expression warm and pale-lavender-flecked-with-light-grey eyes glittering. And yes, dear sister, I am a bit hungry. Would you like to join me in a hunt? she purred to the gold-yellow hatchling.

Image Image

May 25th, 2011, 6:39 pm
Expert DragonRider
Expert DragonRider

Elfrida gave Zef a cold look, and one last comment, before doing as Sarai asked - or commanded rather. The outcome has already been decided. It was foretold at my birth, so 'IT' will happen regardless of what I do. Perhaps I will be the one to choose THAT road for myself. Elfrida looked at Jia when she mentioned Felena, and then glanced at Blacknight, knowing what the mare was probably thinking, and hoping. Elfrida glanced at Aero when she said she was going hunting, but said nothing - her mind was too busy going over what Jia had said about Felena, and also about the battle in Elfrida's mind.

Ameris felt excited at the mention of her mother. Where is she? Ameris asked, her voice full of excitement. I want to see her! I haven't had a chance to since my hatching last week. Ameris flew off of Jia's back, did an excited loop in the air, and landed halfway between where Aero, and Sarai were. The hatchling looked between them May I go? she asked excitedly. Blacknight walked over to her, and nudged her, snorting at the same time. Bring back something good. she told the hatchling lovingly. Ameris gave the mare a look that said she would. Blacknight trotted over to Elfrida. It would be good for Ameris to get away from Elfrida witout having to worry. Blacknight was almost afraid Elfrida's Darkness might affect the little dragoness if Ameris was close to her rider.

RP Characters:

Against Neither: Ryuu, Luca, and Altair Kelci Eliora Rianata Calantha Atlanta the Assassin Unknown and Nameless Dzroginion Morena Morwen Terra the Nutty Squirrell: This is my nut... Oh look! There's another one! IT's MINE! Leave it alone!

Against Both: Zylia Amarok Doubt Melantha Elfrida: Burn the Past, and be Free of it--Else you will hinder your life, and torment you daily. Can you live with that?

May 30th, 2011, 3:45 am
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Zef laughed out loud and began to walk slowly away. "Nothing will ever be set in stone forever Elfrida!" He sounded amused.

Occ: Pass...I guess...lol
@Saphirarox: yes feel free to bring more in^^

Orome,Zef Horrin
Rien,Esther

May 31st, 2011, 7:37 pm
Cycle Moderator
Cycle Moderator

"Sure Ameris, I don't see why not," Aero said to the hatchling with a grin. The girl looked around one last time to make sure no one else wished to accompany them, then turned and ran into the woods. Despite her bright, silvery-blonde hair, Aero had effectively disappeared into the underbrush almost as soon as she hit the tree line. She trotted straight in for a few yards, then knelt and examined the ground. She poked at the earth with her index finger, turning things over, looking for tracks.

She smiled when she spotted the tracks of a family of rabbits. I have rabbit tracks over here. There may be enough to feed all of us two-legs, but I doubt it. I'll bag them anyway, why don't y'all look for something in that direction? she said to her companions, pointing to the west. She whistled softly and smiled when Rosie trotted silently over to her. Aero reached into the pups mind and used images to tell her to follow Sarai and to stay quiet. That done she grabbed her bow and stood up in a crouched position. The girl patted her dog one more time, the set off following the tracks.

Silas flew silently through the air, enjoying a warm breeze that was blowing up from the ground. It was brushing against the undersides of his wings, keeping him aloft even though he was barely moving his wings. The gryphon twitched a few of the pitch black feathers on the edge of his wing and spiraled around in a fit of good spirits. He loved to be in the air. This was where he was meant to be.

It was as he was passing over a group of trees some ways from the road that he saw something sparkle in among the leaves. The young gryphon clicked his beak in curiosity. Hmmm... I don't smell water on this breeze so it's not a small pond or some such. But what else could sparkle like that? Unless... he chirped excitedly to himself. The only other thing that could sparkle like that and be that size, was a dragon! Without stopping to think, he folded his wings back and dropped into a steep dive.

Twitching a few more feathers, he angled away from where he though he'd seen the dragon, aiming instead for a small clearing close by. He didn't want to land right on top of the thing. When he was about ten feet from the treetops he opened his wings and backflapped, executing a perfect landing. As always his entire flight had been almost perfectly silent. He probably could have landed right behind the creature and they wouldn't have known he was there until he spoke.

Taking no notice of this fact, he hurried through the forest, still making next to no noise. It took him a few minutes to locate on the ground what he had seen from the air. He smiled slightly when he realized he had been correct, it was a dragon. Hello there. I am Silas, who are you? he said in his abnormally quiet voice. He stood perfectly still, not realizing that he was blending into the dark cover of the trees. The only thing that could be seen of him was his smoky blue eyes.

OOC: He just sneaked up on Jia and the rest of the group. :-P

SF Facebook

May 31st, 2011, 8:31 pm
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Jia chuckled at Ameris and smiled, her teal green eyes warm with affection for the yellow-gold hatchling. Your mother is probably a league or two away to the north. Myself or Sarai could lead you there once you have hunted. she offered warmly. She tilted her head when her daughter abruptly grinned widely. She was about to question what Sarai found so humorous, when a voice that spoke in the trees behind her startled her. She sprang to the side and whipped around, her scales bristling madly, to see smoky dark blue eyes peering out of the trees. She could just make out the outline of whatever it was. It appeared to be a gryphon. She snorted softly but relaxed. If it had meant harm it would have attacked first, not introduced itself. Hello there. Careful when you sneak up on someone like that. I'm Jia, and this is my shameless daughter, Sarai. she said, and glowered at the black-gold youngling. Sarai just grinned, then turned and darted into the trees to join Aero.

- - - - - - - - - -

Sarai chuckled to herself as she trotted away, following Aero's scent carefully. Come on Ameris, let's hunt! she called excitedly. She'd only been able to ever hunt on her own once before, and enjoyed the ability immensely. The black-gold stopped to sniff at the place that Aero had found the rabbit tracks. Yes, she caught the subtle scent. It was just a few hours old, if she judged correctly. She wondered if she could help Aero hunt, but then decided not to. Hunting was a calming pleasure. She wouldn't want anyone helping her, so she thought Aero had the same mind set. She looked back over her shoulder and smiled at her adoptive sister. Come on. she said excitedly, and trotted off silently, allowing eagerness to course through her. It was a rare occasion that she actually was allowed to act like the hatchling she was. She always had to be well-mannered and obedient and not talk back or act like a child. It felt immeasurably good to let go and just be a hatchling.

Image Image

May 31st, 2011, 9:39 pm
Expert DragonRider
Expert DragonRider

Blacknight flared her nostrils, smelling the strange being that approached. She had never seen one before, but somehow she instinctively knew that the newcomer was a gryphon. Greetings, Silas. I am Blacknight. the mare said, dipping her head in respect.

Elfrida glanced at the creature that had just approached, but said nothing - still lost in thought.

Ameris flew quickly after Sarai, giving a small roar of delight. She was already thoroughly enjoying herself, and knew she would have more fun when they actually found their prey. Ameris felt like a heavy weight had been lifted off her mind the further away she got from Elfrida and the group, though at the moment she didn't know why. Ameris caught up to Sarai, and landed so she could run beside her. This was going to be a great day!

RP Characters:

June 16th, 2011, 5:59 pm
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Zef ignored all that happened around him and just looked to the sky. "I grow tired of the company old man." He said to Horrin and Orome as he began to let his mind retract deeper into Orome's mind.
Horrin chuckled at Zef and released Orome back into his own body. Don't let the shade's emotions effect you again my rider. Horrin said to Orome as he began to examine the Gryphon who had just landed.
Orome stretched as his dragon released him back into his own body. He acknowledged Horrin's words but he did not reply. He instead began to move closer to the rest of the group. "It is a pleasure Silas, I am Orome," He pause for a moment and removed his pack from his back and opened it revealing Horrin's heart, "This is my dragon Horrin. We are honored to meet your acquaintance."

Orome,Zef Horrin
Rien,Esther

June 16th, 2011, 9:41 pm
Cycle Moderator
Cycle Moderator

Aero walked silently through the trees. Judging from the signs on the ground, the rabbits were close and she didn't want to startle them out of their hiding place until she was ready. Her purple-blue eyes carefully scanned the ground and surrounding area. There were plenty of hiding places nearby, but instinct told her to continue on. Five minutes later she smiled as she spied a patch of tall grass twitching, as if there were a rabbit inside moving it's long ears, searching for danger. The girl silently drew back on her bow and sighted down the arrow shaft. Not wanting to risk a painful injury on the animal, she loosed a piercing whistle meant to scare it into running.

The ploy worked and she took out the one that had moved the grass, along with two others. Make that three for me. she thought with a slight grin, then moved on.

Silas blinked in surprise when the lavender-gold dragoness spun around like he had startled her. I'm sorry, I forget how silently I move. I'll try and make some noise. he said, a slight twinkle in his eyes. It is very nice to meet all of you. Just out of curiosity, but where are we? I have never been very far from the Spine, this is the first time I've ever left the mountains. the black gryphon replied to all of them, dipping his head in greeting. He cocked his head in confusion when the old man held up a rock and called it a dragon, but he took the information calmly and decided to ask about it later. Perhaps the old one was touched in the head...

SF Facebook

June 18th, 2011, 2:40 am
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Jia snorted softly. No harm was done. she assured the gryphon, smiling warmly. And at the moment, we are a bit off the path from a road that goes between Kuasta and Feinster. she told him.

OOC:
Short, writer's block. /:

Image Image

June 18th, 2011, 6:40 am
Expert DragonRider
Expert DragonRider

Blacknight studied Silas quietly, as she always did with anything she didn't understand, to be sure it wouldn't be a danger to her rider. Have you traveled much? Blacknight asked the Gryphon, after deciding he wasn't dangerous 'at the moment.'

Elfrida glanced around suddenly, feeling something nearby. Something she knew very well. A spark of fear touched her eyes, but quickly left again. "Jia, Where is Felena?" Elfrida asked quietly, doing her best to keep her voice from betraying urgency.

Ameris caught the scent of a deer, and quickly told Sarai of it with her mind. Shall we get it? she asked with excitement.

RP Characters:

July 30th, 2011, 1:09 am