It is currently October 18th, 2018, 4:11 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 A Call from Beyond 
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Affiliation: Werecats
Post Re: A Call from Beyond
Devitria turned his head slightly to look at Zeke. His words were reassuring but the swift withdrawal had put his mind at unease again but he tried his best not to show it. The rest of the day was spent in mostly silence. He would pet Zeke and stay in bed and the woman would bring them food at mealtimes and change his bandages when necessary. Devitria kept moving to the edge of his bed to stretch his legs and he felt that as the day went on he was able to use them more. He had not tried standing up since the first time but he was confident that he would be able to stand soon. Looking out the windows he could see that the sun was finally setting. He sighed and leaned back against the wall. It had been an agonizingly long day and though had not done anything except lay in bed all day and stretch his legs, he felt tired. It seemed to take ages for the sun to completely set but when it finally did he felt a sense of relief. He did not know why but he did. He moved to the edge of the bed one last time and prepared himself to stand up. This time he was finally able to and a smile lit his face. He stood there for a few seconds before his legs started to feel wobbly and he sat back down. She sat there for awhile and he looked at Zeke with some satisfaction. He stood up again and took one half step. It was a lot of work for him that made him tired but he knew he had to keep working hard. He didn't want to stay at this place anymore than he had to even if it meant pushing himself a little harder than he was used to. He got back into bed and laid under the blankets with them pulled up to his chin. He laid there in the silence until he turned onto his side to look out the cracks in the closed shutters. "Maybe I will be strong enough to walk fully tomorrow. We could leave by then.." His voice dropped as he spoke until he ended the sentence in a whisper. His heart sank as he closed his eyes again and turned to face the wall. He knew this meant the separating of them and he did not want that to happen. He knew it must but it still pained him to think about. He did not know where he would even go after that. He surely could not stay in the Empire. Would there be fliers sent out to every town warranting his capture? He hoped not but he was sure it was a possibility. The only place left really was the Varden. He did not know much about them and he was apprehensive to even think about going there. Would they try to capture him and experiment on him like the people in the Empire? Surely they wouldn't but there will never be anyplace that would ever accept him. He slowly drifted off into sleep, feeling uneasy and sleeping restlessly with mysterious and terrifying images flashing through his mind.

February 21st, 2012, 4:30 pm
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Affiliation: Skulblakans
Dragon: Faelia
Over the course of the day the ripping in his heart faded to a dull ache, then only a soft throb. He stayed right by Devitria, and each time the boy tried went to the edge of the bed, Zeke was right there in case he needed support. Finally once the sun went down, he stood by the boy as he stood, smiling and wagging his tail with delight. His spirits sank slowly as Devitria spoke once he had covered back up on the bed again, and further when the boy turned away to face the wall. He whined softly, but only curled up against the boys back. He felt the difference in Devitria's breathing, and he knew the twoleg was asleep. Gently, he slipped into the boys mind and hummed a soothing melody through his thoughts, slowly calming them into harmony. You will never be alone, little one. Never fully. he whispered softly, rumbling in his chest physically. He stayed within the boys mind until early morning, where he gently slipped out, and then laid his head down to rest himself for a few hours.

Neutral: Leanbrara Naixul Autarkeia Sevena Vena Kenai
Evil: Iaras Leurgan
I will watch over your charries too, Rathon.
Image Image

May 6th, 2012, 3:54 am
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Smoke filled the air as Devitria bolted upright in bed. He could barely see in front of him as the black smoke filled his eyes and lungs that made him start to cough. He pushed himself out of bed and stumbled a bit before he reached out and found support. His legs wobbled underneath him and he spun in small circles as he tried to look through the smoke that kept billowing into the room. The coughing grew worse and the lack of oxygen made his mind dizzy. The door in front of him suddenly slammed open and strong hands pulled him forward. He let out a harsh cry as he stumbled forward and landed on his knees. His eyes burned and tears started to stream down his face but he inhaled deep gulps of cold air and he could tell that this room wasn't filled with as much smoke. The familiar voice of the lady who had taken care of him reached his ears in a soft shaky tone. Devitria tried to look up at her but his eyes were still burning and watering and all she appeared to be was a blurry blob. She whispered at him to stand up and he numbly obeyed. His legs were still shaky but he was able to stand while she spoke to him. He could not make out what she was saying but soon a bulky bag was being pushed into his arms and he was bring shoved through a side door.

"Zeke," He called out but he could barely hear it. He didn't know where Zeke was and he was scared to be separated from him.

The night was dark and he could hear the sounds of screaming around him. He received another shove to his left and he stumbled down the alley, clutching the bad with one hand and reaching out to grip the wall with the other. His vision was beginning to clear and he could see patches of light that broke up the darkness. As the smoke started to clear from his mind, fear started to take its place. His breath started to come in fast shallow gasps and his pace slowed. He suddenly dropped to the ground as a sob wracked his body. The pack fell in front of him as he wrapped his arms around himself. Another cry passed through him and he started to shake as he leaned against the wall.

May 7th, 2012, 12:18 am
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Zeke's nose twitched and he sneezed hard. He blinked his eyes open sleepily and yawned. Was it morning already. He stretched his neck up and sniffed the air...and almost choked on the smoke that filled his lungs instead of the smell of cooking food he had expected. His eyes jerked open fully and he gasped, which turned into a long coughing spell that made his sides and chest hurt. He stood on all fours and jumped off the bed to the ground, crouching low and moving forward to stay out of the worst of the smoke. His ears twitched as he heard his name. Devitria! He spun around, but found that the bed was empty. Fear gripped him, but he growled in his chest and shook it off like a fly. He turned and dashed out of the house, sniffing the floor for the boys scent. Ah there it was. He planted his nose to it and followed it, determined to find the boy and keep him safe. As he followed the scent to the side door the woman came in. He looked up at her steadily for a moment, his ears pricked alertly forward. Finally after a few seconds of staring intently, she knelt on one knee and touched his muzzle. He was startled to feel her mind brush his, light and weak, but a touch nonetheless. Your master is out that way. Find and protect him, wolf brother. she murmured. His eyes softened, and he nuzzled her neck. She hugged him for a moment. Thank you for your help in healing him. Stay safe. he replied just as softly, so he didn't startle her to badly. She jerked, then smiled. Always. Now go, go now, quickly, before he gets too far away gripped with fear. she urged, gently pushing him out the door. He huffed and complied.

Once he got out into the street however, things turned into chaos. With so many other people trampling over the scent, it became almost impossible to follow it. Almost. He muttered a soft spell and abruptly the scent flared before him like a beacon. He surged forward, his heart clenching as his paws brought him forward to an alley, where the scent was getting stronger. He increased his pace and nearly flew around the corner into the alley, brushing the opposite wall. Further ahead a few yards he saw a figure on the ground with it's back to him. His ears pricked. Devitria! he called anxiously, sliding to a halt a little too late and crashing into the boy. He stood over the boy and grinned down at him wolfishly, his ice blue eyes sparkling with mischief. What's with the tears, little one? You thought I wouldn't find you? Codswallop. he nuzzled the boy gently and licked his face lightly, rumbling gently in his chest.

Image Image

May 10th, 2012, 6:03 am
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Devirtria heard his name and he looked up instantly. Turning his head from side to side he saw nothing. Seconds later he heard footsteps and he slowly turned around but he was too late. A being collided with him and he was just able to turn his body to land on his back. The cold dampness of the floor seeped into his shirt and made him cold but a bright smile lit up his face.

"Zeke!" He cried but instantly looked around to see if anyone had heard him. Once he realized that no one was coming he turned his attention back to Zeke and smiled wider. He slid forward enough so that he could sit up and wrapped his arms around him, burying his face into the fur on his neck.

"I was just so overwhelmed at what was going on. I-I thought that the soldiers were coming back. I didn't know where you were." He spoke in a quiet voice this time and his voice shook very gently. He moved back again to look at Zeke. He let out a small sigh and turned around to grab the bag that the lady had given him. He showed it to Zeke and then wrapped his arms around it.

"What do we do now?.." He said as he looked down.

May 10th, 2012, 6:55 am
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Zeke snuffed gently and wagged his tail, content that he had found the boy. He sniffed at the bag that the woman had given him. It smelled like some foods, leather, water, and wool. He nodded in satisfaction, then looked up at Devitria. First things first; Get out of this town. I hope you know how to ride a horse. he said, and closed his eyes. His body was obscured for a moment by a flash of light. When it cleared, he stood above the boy as a well built stallion horse. He huffed gently into the boy's face, his breath smelling sweet like hay. He stamped a hoof, then lowered his chest to the ground so it would be easier for Devitria to mount. If you can't stay on very well I can fix you in place with magic. he offered, snorting and shaking his thick black mane.

Image Image

May 25th, 2012, 8:00 pm
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Devitria was blinded for a moment when a flash of light appeared and he had to shake his head a few times to clear most of the dots that obscured his vision afterwards. He looked up to see Zeke in the form of a horse. He grabbed the bag and fastened to his back as he stood up. Zeke bent his body forward and he carefully climbed onto his back. He grabbed small handfuls of his man and wrapped his legs tight around him.

"I have ridden a horse a time or two in the past but never as horseback.." He looked around from on top of the horse. He looked so high up and he was a little frightened. "I.. I think I will be fine though." He tightened the grip on Zeke's man and let out a small sigh.

June 3rd, 2012, 7:29 am
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Zeke huffed softly once Devitria was on his back. Just so he was secure, he murmured a few spells to help the boy keep his balance and not fall off as easily. Hold on as tightly as you need to with your legs, and don't worry about yanking too hard on my mane, I won't feel it. Lean forward slightly when I start cantering, and if you can lay down almost flat against my neck when I gallop; it helps me go faster. Now, hold on. he said, and trotted out of the alleyway. He took advantage of the distraction of the fire and went to the nearest gate he could see, moving at a brisk trot that was almost close to breaking into a canter. He heard a shout of "Stop!" from behind him, and he didn't even hesitate before lunging into a ground eating canter. The gate drew closer to him, but he also saw that they were closer. He cursed, and reached out with his mind to the magic, shout a spell that would slow their closing to hopefully let them through.

Image Image

June 3rd, 2012, 7:53 am
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Devitria nodded though after he realized that Zeke could not see him and he began to give quiet responses to the information that he was given. He immediately leaned forward so that his torso was flat against Zeke's back. He started to trot and he took a chance to look around him at all the mayhem that had sprung in the night. Fires erupted from many houses in the immediate area and he could see smoke rising in the farthest parts of the town. Many guards were dragging people out of their homes as they screamed or grabbed for family members. His heart sank immediately as he saw all of them. He knew that this was all his fault... That these soldiers were looking for him and that his running away was causing all of these people to suffer. A shout came from behind them and Zeke started to go faster. Devitria tightened the grip on Zeke's mane and pressed more into him. He wiggled his legs a little so they were straightened out and he was flatter like Zeke had wanted. He closed his eyes and put his faith in Zeke that they would both escape.

June 3rd, 2012, 8:20 am
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Zeke fairly flew toward the gate, although he wasn't even going at his top speed. His ears flicked at a whistling sound, then pain flashed into his right shoulder muscle and the barrel of his stomach. He resisted the urge to rear up and scream with pain and flew on, kicking his gait into a full gallop, his mane and tail streaming behind him in a dark cloud. He jerked when he saw a line of pikemen come out and set in front of the door, holding long spears that would pierce him when he jumped. He snorted scornfully and gathered himself, kicking into yet a higher gear. He reached for his magic at the same time that he reached the time to jump, delving inside and he steadied himself, bunched his muscles, and jumped as hard as he could. A push of magic made him soar high over the spears, clear of injury. As he did this, he laced spells over and around Devitria that would keep the boy firmly seated on his back, certain that the boy had never jumped a horse before. As soon as his hooves touched the ground and sped on, galloping hard with a stride that ate the distance before him like so many chickens. He glanced back at Devitria. You alright back there, little one? he asked, concern in his gaze.

Image Image

June 14th, 2012, 2:56 am
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Devitria shut his eyes tight and buried his head into Zeke's mane as he yet again picked up his speed. The twang of arrows could be heard behind them and a pressure resonated through Zeke's body. He opened his eyes and saw an arrow protruding from Zeke's shoulder. He gasped and his neck craned up to get a better look. He reached a hand out and touched the arrow but instantly drew back. He wanted to take it out so Zeke would be in less pain but he knew that would make things worse in a time like this. He renewed his grip on Zeke's mane and turned his face back. The twang of arrows could be heard again and Devitria inhaled deeply. Pain struck in his lower leg and he struggled to keep calm. He tensed his body and shut his eyes tight and tried to keep himself from making noise. Suddenly he felt himself pinned tight to Zeke even though he had not tightened his grip. He opened his eyes again to see Zeke in the air sailing over soldiers below. He looked back at his leg to see blood running down it but no arrow in sight. That was at least a relief to him. It had only grazed him but it was still enough to hurt. He faced forward and flattened himself again as Zeke landed but kept his eyes open as they were both through the gate. At Zeke's question he nodded his head before clearing his throat and responding. "Yes, I am alright.. I am more concerned for you though... how hurt are you?"

Last edited by gomenesigh on November 3rd, 2012, 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

June 25th, 2012, 8:46 am
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

OOC:
Grrr dang my stupid completely hectic schedule. >.<"

IC:
Zeke snorted softly and extended his stride even further. Nothing I have not felt before, little one. he said lightly. He glanced back at the boy to assess him, and saw that he was unhurt mostly except for a lightly bleeding slash on his leg. The male gazed around him, both with his eyes and with his mind, for anyone following them. It seemed like they were alone.
He continued running, still, to make sure. After several minutes and there were still no signs of pursuit, he slowed to a brisk canter, then a trot, before finally easing to an easy walk. His legs, chest, back, and lungs burned savagely, and he sucked in air greedily in huge gasps. He'd never run like that before in his life. As a dragon, he'd never had to. He halted, and his legs trembled with fatigue. He huffed and lowered his head to the ground, his nostrils flaring. Now that he stood still, the arrow in his shoulder blazed with pain. He eyed it wearily in annoyance, shifting his weight so it was no longer on that leg. Would you mind taking that out, Devitria? I can heal it once you do. he said quietly. It might make him fall asleep for an hour or two, but he could manage it.

Image Image

August 15th, 2012, 6:11 am
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Devitria tried to look around to Zeke as he awaited for his response and all though his words calmed him he still remained worried and a slight pang of sorrow ran through him. He felt more and more like a burden and couldn't help that it was partly his fault for the wounds that Zeke had suffered. He let out a short sigh and settled back and closed his eyes. He stayed like that until he could feel the both of them slowing down and opened his eyes quickly, looking at their surroundings and at Zeke for any signs of trouble. They seemed to be alone and it only then hit that he must be exhausted. Devitria had no idea how long they had run from the town but it was almost completely silent around them. He stayed silent and did not move until he heard Zeke stir and look back at the arrow. At his request a grim expression appeared across his face but he nodded silently. He grasped the arrow with both hands and looked away before quickly yanking it out. He tossed the arrow to the ground and pressed both his hands carefully to the wound to help slow the flow of bleeding until the wound was closed.

November 3rd, 2012, 12:45 am
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Zeke only grunted softly when Devitria pulled the arrow out. Instantly he healed the wound, leaving the flesh that had been previously marred unblemished. He returned to his twoleg form a moment after, glancing around warily. He turned to the boy and eyed him carefully up and down. "Are you hurt anywhere, little one?" he asked, concern in his tone.

Image Image

November 23rd, 2012, 10:31 pm