It is currently October 18th, 2018, 4:11 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Captured 
RPG Team
RPG Team

Location: texas, sitting in the grass gazing at the stars with my dragon
Affiliation: Dragonriders
Dragon: Caoimhe
Post Captured
OOC: all may join

IC: Reb jangled the shackles on her wrist. Who would've thought killing a general would end you up in here. The guards posted all around the room was a testament to the fact that she was concidered dangerous. She was in the room used to hold criminals before a decision was cast against them. "Hmmmmm.....I wonder exactly what my punishment will be. Knowing Galbatorix it will be long and painful. Oh joy." She muttered with sarcasm, drawing the attention of the guards. She looked around once again.

Against a far wall there were other prisoners, though she was to be kept by herself for fear of escape. "You wouldn't be in here scum if you hand't killed Grange." One of the guards spat, knocking his shield into a wound on her side. A wound she did indeed get from killing Grange.

"I wouldn't have had to kill Grange if he didn't work for Galbatorix, just like Im sure I will eventually have to kill you." She smarted off, earning a punch in the side this time. "Hey now didn't you ever get taught to never hit a lady." She gritted out through the pain.

"Some how I don't think that applies to you." The guard laughed, then turned his back to her. Reb kicked out but her shackles refused to budge. She was weakened by the wounds from her fight with Grange, and the fight to captuure her. Her powers were supressed, and she was unable to summon fire, or ice, or rather anything at the moment. She began plotting her escape, for lack of anything better to do. Her fate was pretty much sealed. She was a rider, and a shade. She would be executed imediately, or worse she would be tortured then put to death by creatures she'd rather not think about.

She was captured.....now she just had to escape.

June 20th, 2011, 5:38 pm
Cycle Moderator
Cycle Moderator

Dragon: Melanthor
Post Re: Captured
Wonder what's got their dander in a ruff. Lee thought quietly to herself. She was currently ensconced at a small table in the back room of a local tavern. Through the door she could see a table full of Imperial soldiers, talking loudly and punctuating their sentences with many angry gestures. The girl lifted her mug and took a swift drink of the acrid mess that passed for beer in this town. Personally she would have preferred cider or water, but as this was a common soldier hotspot, it was beer or nothing. And since she needed information, she had to be here.

Melanthor, I haven't heard anything so far. Are you sure this is the town where they're holding the Rider? she asked, contacting her dragon.

Yes I'm sure, but you're the one who lifted the information out of the mind of that patrol leader, why are you asking me? he replied grumpily. He had been hiding in the same place for a full day and was getting bored. He hated having to remain hidden for so long.

Don't get snippy with me. she replied with an amused grin. Unfortunately she had been looking at one of the soldiers when she smiled and he looked up just in time to see it. From the look he got on his face, Lee knew it wasn't going to end well. For him at least. Oh great, look at the mess you just landed me in! she whined at her purple bond. She felt his satisfaction at her mild discomfort and sent him a return feeling of disgust. You will pay. Dearly. she grumbled as the soldier sat down across from her.

"Hello there pretty lady," the drunk soldier said, leaning forward against the table. There was a heavy scent of booze and a distinct lack of cleanliness surrounding him.

Lee tried not to gag, then smiled at the soldier, making it look like the two of them were enjoying each other's company in case one of his friends looked over. "Hello there stupid. Not only does your smell offend me, but your idiocy does as well," she replied sweetly, watching the scowl form across his face, still with that smile on her face. "Since I need information anyway, you'll have to do," she continued, noting the sergeant's stripes on his uniform.

"Now wait a minute, if you think I'm going to te-" he started to say, shaking an irate finger under her nose.

"Oh hush, this will only take a second," she said irritably, siezing complete control of his mind with ease. Apparently he wasn't protected by a magician, which was a big mistake, considering the wealth of information she gathered on the Rider they were holding captive. "Hhhmmm.... Interesting. And now it's time for you to slytha," she mumbled quietly, saying the last word, sleep, in the language of power. The man's eyes immediately rolled up into his head and he slumped forward over the table.

Melan, better get up in the air over the city. It should be dark enough out by now that no one will see you, so I'm going to make my move now. she called to her heart bond.

OOC: Anything I need to change or is this post alright by you? :)

Like the majestic dragon, Saphira, you are brave and ferocious in battle but also deep in ancient wisdom. You think before flying headfirst into battle. You prefer the solitude of the wilderness to the populated cities of Alagaesia.

SF Facebook

Raven & Oceanis, Tobias & Avalon, Taren, Valora, Liam, Aero, Arston & Arturos, Jason,
Lee & Melanthor, Silas, Asa & Naor, Darian, Illuna, Blake, Anastasia, Luka, Rok, Gwen, Ryker

There's no such thing as sane, we're all crazy.
Well hello Captain Obvious...Nice to meet you, I'm Lieutenant Sarcasm. >:)
Something here doesn't make sense. Let's go and poke it with a stick. - The Doctor

Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me while I'm cross!

June 20th, 2011, 6:25 pm
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Affiliation: Skulblakans
Dragon: Faelia
Lean lumbered down the hallway toward the prison cell. She was curious of the whisperings that she had heard and was here to investigate if there really was a Shade being held captive. She found the door and, to her disappointment, it was much too small for her bulk. She huffed impatiently. Well, her neck was long and much smaller than her body by comparison, and her neck could fit through the door. She crouched to her belly and pushed the door open with her snout, extending her head and most of her neck inside. The guards stood at attention instantly. At ease. she growled to them. They nervously relaxed, eying her from time to time, as if she were going to turn into a banshee and attack them. She snorted gently and then her navy blue eyes found a twoleg that was not wholly human or elf. A true hybrid, then. She rumbled in her chest. The twolegs scent was not human or elf either, but a mix of the two, along with a third that didn't belong. So Galbatorix has actually succeeded in capturing a Shade. she mused aloud so the twoleg could hear. She glowered at the guards. Leave us. she ordered sharply. They cringed but hesitated,"Galbatorix said-" but he was cut off by a snarl that sent him scurrying out the door in seconds flat. Lean turned back to the Shade. So, what did you do to get caught in this position? she asked curiously, a glint in her large navy blue eyes.

OOC:
And the same for me?

Neutral: Leanbrara Naixul Autarkeia Sevena Vena Kenai
Evil: Iaras Leurgan
I will watch over your charries too, Rathon.
Image Image

June 20th, 2011, 6:33 pm
RPG Team
RPG Team

ooc: Both look good :)

Reb glared at the creature as her guards scrambled off in fear. She refused to cower. " I killed Grange, and reveled in his death. I am proud to rid this world of one more piece of scum who works for Galbatorix." Reb growled, trying to rise, but the shackles preventing it. Small flames jumped around her in her anger, but she was too weak to do anything about it. She scooted farther back against the wall, her natural instinct to call for Star Gazer, but she was smart enough to block Star Gazer from her mind.

She knew what was coming, and her skin shrank in fear when she thought about the torture to come, and then the death. Her face was bleeding from all the punches she received, and her powers were not up to par. "Why do you care?" She weezed out as a bought of pain wracked her body. She ached all over, and wanted to be done with this. _short_

June 20th, 2011, 6:42 pm
Cycle Moderator
Cycle Moderator

I'm way ahead of you. Melanthor snorted. He had seen the information Lee had gathered as soon as she recieved it and had known her plan as quickly as she formed it. He had been in the air even before she contacted him, winging his way towards the town. Currently he was above the prison, circling it idly. Down below he could see the tall figure of his Rider moving slowly through the streets. She was moving slower than normal and he narrowed his eyes. I can see that you are trying to avoid detection, but if you move any slower, someone is going to stop you to see where you're injured. he quipped. Her slow ways had always made his scales itch, Rider's were supposed to be fast and decisive, not slow and overly careful.

Hahah, it's always the jokes with you. Lee retorted, although she did pick up the pace slightly. When she reached the prison she went around to the side and looked for a window. She quickly found one at a comfortable height and used magic to unlock it. With a quick glance around, she slipped inside, surpisingly landing on the wooden floor with no noise at all. I'm inside, I'll have to close my mind to you now. From what the Sarge was ranting about inside his head when I took over, there's a dragon here who serves Galbatorix that would just love to roast me alive. she said, using the smallest tendril of thought that she could muster to speak with Melanthor. Without further ado, she cut off their connection completely and shielded her mind.

Lee swayed slightly at the giant empty feeling inside her mind. She hated having to be cut off from Melanthor like this. She shook her head like a punch-drunk dog, then set off to look for the Rider, using the memories of the sergeant to navigate. She smiled when she reached the last corridor before the captive's cell and turned the corner.

She promptly stopped breathing and whipped back around the corner, hugging the wall. And of course not only would there be a dragon loyal to Galbatorix, but she would be the first one I encounter in this prison. she cursed. The Rider cautiously turned so her front was to the wall and leaned around the corner, only a thin wisp of long hair and an eye peeking around the sharp edge. The dragoness wasn't making any noises, so Lee assumed she must be communicating telepathically with the prisoner. She watched the dragon's feet closely, waiting for any signs that she was turning to leave.

Like the majestic dragon, Saphira, you are brave and ferocious in battle but also deep in ancient wisdom. You think before flying headfirst into battle. You prefer the solitude of the wilderness to the populated cities of Alagaesia.

SF Facebook

Raven & Oceanis, Tobias & Avalon, Taren, Valora, Liam, Aero, Arston & Arturos, Jason,
Lee & Melanthor, Silas, Asa & Naor, Darian, Illuna, Blake, Anastasia, Luka, Rok, Gwen, Ryker

Something here doesn't make sense. Let's go and poke it with a stick. - The Doctor

June 20th, 2011, 7:05 pm
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Lean smiled wolfishly at the Shade. Calm down, young one. I am not the one that will hurt you. I was merely curious is all. Quite the contrary, I am glad you managed to kill Grange. He was a despicable human that took pleasure in taunting the other dragons here. she growled. The ancient black dragoness tilted her head. If I were to say that I would help you escape, what do you think you would do afterward? she asked. Her mind sensed another being close by but she ignored it; probably just a recently recruited soldier who was curious of the dragons in the Empire. But then again, why did it feel....feminine? Was Galbatorix recruiting women now? She felt revulsion sicken her stomach. Her eyes flashed. Hang on. I will return shortly. she said to the shade, and withdrew her head from the prison cell. She twisted her neck in the direction that she felt the consciousness and met the gaze of a female. A rumble vibrated her throat. Good lord, is that utterly insane king actually lost his mind? she demanded aloud, probably startling the soldier from the anger in her tone. Were you forced into Galbatorix's services or did you foolishly join his cause of your own will? If your position is the former then I would be more than happy to spirit you out of here. Women as soldiers, is he crazy? she muttered, more to herself than to the female.

Image Image

June 20th, 2011, 7:29 pm
RPG Team
RPG Team

Reb stared at the dragon as it retreated, not fully trusting it. "I would of course go back to the life I lead, hunting the king's men, and riding my dragon, which we all know I have. Why are you here?" Reb muttered, holding back a wimper of pain when she moved. All of a sudden a new sound came to her ears. Galbatorix.

The doors at the south end burst open and the evil little man waltzed in. Reb was thankful the dragon had gone. He came closer to her. "my my....how on earth did I manage to snag you? And how did I not snag Star Gazer as well?" He asked lifting her by the front of her shirt. " You smell like blood. Could it be the blood of my favorite general which you shed all over my ground!?" He snarled throwing her back. "Now I have a delima indeed. Do I let you live to save the life of your dragon whom Shruikan seems enamored of, or do I kill you and her." He paced around, seeming to concider his choices.

Reb watched him pace, seeing her varying fates in his evil black eyes. The guards in the room stared at their feet, and shuffled around, obviously in fear of the man infront of them. After what seems like hours Galbatorix looked at her and grinned evilly. "I have the greatest idea! You will be tortured until you wish you were dead, and that way your dragon lives, and I get my revenge. Take her to the cells!" Galbatorix shouted and watched as Reb was dragged away to a spell guarded cell.

June 20th, 2011, 7:44 pm
Cycle Moderator
Cycle Moderator

Lee almost jumped out of her skin when the black dragoness confronted her, but she quickly calmed down when she realized the dragoness didn't know who or what she was. "I- I'm s-s-sorry miss," she stammered, her deep brown eyes widening with fear. Truthfully she was afraid, but she never let her emotions get the better of her, this was an act. "I was con-con-scripted," she continued, her teeth chattering.

She was about to say more when soldiers appeared, two of them dragging someone while the others encircled them. She cursed silently as she saw her chance to save a fellow Rider disappearing. There was nothing she could do with Galbatorix's servant literally breathing down her neck. Almost as if by thinking his name she had summoned him, Lee's heart dropped even further when she saw who the man was that exited the room behind the guards. Oh dear. she thought, her face turning pale. This time it wasn't an act. She hastily stepped behind the dragoness and did a salute, to make it appear as if she were a soldier. It was a little sloppy though, as if she were a new recruit.

"Don't let him see me!" she whispered hastily, hoping the dragon would think she were merely freaked out by the presence of the man and not what he would do if he realized she was a Rider. Lee cursed herself for not covering her Gedwey Ignasia before she entered the prison, but she had thought she would be in and out before anyone knew she had been there and rescued the Rider. There hadn't even been a whisper of Galbatorix's presence, otherwise she never would have even thought of attempting a rescue. The female Rider's heart stopped when she realized that Shruikan must be there as well, and Melanthor was in the sky, unprepared.

Without pausing to think, she opened her mind for a fraction of a second and sent an image of their foe along with instructions to her soul bond.

Melanthor was executing his twentieth circle above the prison when Lee's panicked message and instructions reached him. He almost roared aloud with fear when he saw that their greatest enemy was inside and that Lee was inside practically unprotected. She didn't even have her sword with her, she had left it on his saddle thinking it would draw too much attention for a woman to carry a blade. All she had were the twin knives hidden in sheaths attached to her forearms.

He keened quietly as he banked out of the turn and headed back for his hiding spot. He knew as well as Lee did that there was nothing he could do and that it was too dangerous for him to remain in the area if Shruikan were nearby. Strong he may be, but Shruikan was a fearsome fighter and had size on his side. All he could do was wait and hope Lee made it back to him safely so they could plan another way to rescue her fellow Rider.

EDIT: I've got to go cut my dog's hair and give her a bath, be back in a bit. *wonders why Rosie couldn't be part short-haired collie*

SF Facebook

June 20th, 2011, 8:06 pm
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Lean was a bit startled when the female actually replied. She rumbled again in her chest, not sure if she felt disgust or hate toward Galbatorix. Speak of the devil... she muttered when the king himself came out after the Shade had been dragged away. She glanced down at the twoleg female and felt pity swell in her. She sighed but obliged, shifting her leg so the female was completely obscured from the king's view. She didn't dip her head when he looked in her direction. He hadn't earned her respect yet and probably never would. She turned away from the king with a flick of her tail and walked down to the corner, nudging the female twoleg along so she would stay hidden from Galbatorix. Once they were out of the king's piercing gaze she stopped and looked down at the twoleg once more. You have nothing to fear from him, young one. He will not oppose me, even if his strength is far greater than the average Rider, he does not know the limits of my strength. she purred, and chuckled lightly. She lowered her head to the female's level, her large navy blue eyes gentle. Do you have any family I could return you to? You do not belong here in this place of death. she said, and tilted her head slightly.

Image Image

June 20th, 2011, 8:19 pm
RPG Team
RPG Team

Reb was uncerimoniously dumped in a large, damp and dank cave. The guards kicked her and then slammed shut the charmed door. Reb screeched in fury and threw herself into the door, but it wouldn't budge. Almost imediately she felt the nudge of Star Gazer in her mind, but due to the magic wards she was unable to reach her, though she wouldn't even if she could. Star Gazer and Shruikan had a history and if he ever caught Star Gazer away from her mate Faefnir, Star would be lost.

She looked around at the nasty stones stained with the unspeakable. She fought the urge to give in to despair, knowing that there had to be a way out. Reb sighed, and stood still. Fire began to shoot from her in sparks. She cursed as she realized all she was going to get were sparks until she healed. Part of the pain assailing her was her flesh slowly knitting itself back together, though the blood loss would keep her weak. She sat down and leaned back against the wall.

Bringing her legs up against her chest, Reb layed her head on her knees, closing her eyes. "Don't get to comfortable princess the best of the best in the torture world will be here soon." A guard taunted causing Reb to look up. She turned away and once again layed her cheek on her knee, a single tear escaping. Then she fell asleep, gaining energy every second.

June 20th, 2011, 8:29 pm
Cycle Moderator
Cycle Moderator

Lee allowed herself to be nudged down the corridor by the black dragoness. She was plagued by bewilderment the whole way. This dragoness seemed too kind and wise to be a willing servant of Galbatorix. She yearned to ask if the dragoness was a nameslave, but knew that as soon as she did, her ruse would be up. "No, there's no family waiting for me," she replied somberly. It was the truth to, both her mother and father had died when she was sixteen, the only thing she had that was close to family was Melanthor and his tribe.

"But perhaps... Could you get me to the stables? I could take a horse from there. I haven't taken the oaths yet, so there is nothing keeping me here, aside from fear," she asked, looking into the black's astonishing blue eyes. She couldn't help but smile up at the ancient being before her. She still couldn't get over how a creature as majestic as this could serve, or be forced to serve, a king as mad as Galbatorix.

"What is your name, sky-runner?" she asked curiously.

SF Facebook

June 20th, 2011, 9:24 pm
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Lean purred in her throat, a lulling sound that seemed just on the verge of turning into a deep chested rumble. I am sorry, then. she said sympathetically to the human female at her reply of having no family. And no, that would not be a good idea. You would be shot down by the archers before you even got a few yards from the gate. she said. She touched her Changing Seal, the one that Jia had given her, and in a gentle flash of light, she too was in a human form. Her waist length hair was the same deep black as her scales, and her eyes the same navy blue, but she seemed as human as the twoleg in front of her. Her tunic was thankfully dark blue and her trousers black, so she wasn't standing out like a sore thumb. She smiled at the human female,"My name is Leanbrara, but you may call me Lean...Shur'tugal." she said warmly. She lightly touched the girl's shoulder to soothe her,"Have no worries, young one, your secret is safe with me. The king is certainly no friend of mine. I smelled your companion on your clothing, if you are curious." she told her. She raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms over her chest, looking very much like a scolding mother,"What, actually, are you doing here? You know you could be killed?" she asked sternly but not in an unkind way.

Image Image

June 20th, 2011, 9:39 pm
RPG Team
RPG Team

Star Gazer was furious. Her rider was MIA, and her imagination gave her a million scenarios, yet the truth was worse than any she'd yet come up with. How dare her let herself be captured by the king....preposterous. Star let loose a terrible roar as she sped for the empire. Her large frame cutting through the skies like a knife. She felt Reb's dislike of her coming to the rescue, but what kind of dragon leaves their rider to the like's of Shruikan. The name left a bad taste in her mouth. A sad excuse of a dragon. She remembered all the lost pain Shruikan and Galbatorix had caused her family and her anger burned hotter. "Please Star, just don't attack immediately. I promise I will call if I can't free myself, but I CAN'T lose you!" Star Gazer tried to ignore that pain filled request, but couldn't. In the end Star Gazer relented and landed just outside of the city, her rage simmering just beneath the surface.

June 21st, 2011, 2:03 am
Cycle Moderator
Cycle Moderator

When Leanbrara transformed from a dragon into a woman, Lee's jaw almost hit the floor. She was still looking at the black haired, blue eyed woman standing where Lean had been when she spoke aloud, calling Lee Shur'tugal. She immediately flexed her forearms, causing the knives hidden up her sleeves to drop out of their sheathes into her hands. All of that in the span of a few seconds, and just as she was about to launch an attack, Lean's next words made her pause. "You're not going to tell them I'm here?" she asked hesitantly. Her mind said it was a trap, yet for some reason she felt she could trust her. "Well... I never thought I would see a dragon transform, so I guess it's possible for the same dragon to serve Galbatorix, yet not serve at the same time."

She looked around cautiously, then guided Lean towards a darker spot in the corridor. "I think I can trust you, therefore I will tell you that I came here to rescue the Rider I know is being held captive here. That was her they dragged through the halls not long ago. Will you help me save her?" Lee asked, looking directly into Lean's blue eyes.

Melanthor was growling furiously and pacing in the confined space of his hiding space when he heard wingbeats in the air above him. The purple male crouched down and tried to make himself smaller. The only dragon he knew for certain would be in the area was Shruikan, and he really didn't want to meet up with that black beast. Melan listened closely to the wing beats. He frowned when he realized the wingbeats were slightly frantic, like the dragon was in a hurry to get somewhere. Melanthor's eyes widened when he realized that it wasn't Shruikan. The black dragon was never in a hurry to get somewhere, so the only reason a dragon would be hurrying straight towards a town currently hosting Galbatorix, was if someone they loved was in there. Someone like their Rider.

Oh now this could be problematic. he thought quietly, standing up straight. He pinpointed the sound of the other dragon, then launched into the air, headed straight for them. It was too dark to see much, but he thought the dragon might be purple like himself. Even though he was flying as fast as he ever had, the dragon ahead of him was easily staying ahead. The closer they got to the city, the more anxious he became, but he didn't want to startle them by reaching into their mind.

Just before he thought it was all over and that Galbatorix would probably wind up with two new Riders in his possession, the dragon stopped and landed outside the city. Much better. he sighed, angling into a dive to land beside the dragon. Now that he was closer to the purple, he could tell it was a female. I'm glad you finally landed. For a minute there I was worried you were going to endanger my Rider and get her captured like your own. I'm Melanthor, by the way. he said cheerfully, dropping silently to the ground, despite his size.

SF Facebook

June 21st, 2011, 4:13 pm
RPG Team
RPG Team

OOC: Dragon Slayer 4 its your turn lol sorry not to be impatient I just think this one has potential :D

June 21st, 2011, 6:33 pm