It is currently December 15th, 2018, 3:31 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Disgruntled in Distress 
Cycle Moderator
Cycle Moderator

Affiliation: Dragonriders
Dragon: Melanthor
Post Re: Disgruntled in Distress
Luka ducked his head while Syllwin was talking with Erza and Natsu, cleaning the gore from the Shades and the twisted dragons from between the spikes on his tail. His barbed tongue rasped lightly against his mirrored hide as he licked away the blood and bits of heart muscle. He tuned out whatever Syllwin was saying about Qaeos. She had already named him a dragon-killer, in Luka's book, he didn't need to know anymore. He paused in cleaning himself, a wary look in his eyes, when Hobsyllwin asked him what exactly he had done to the Shade and dragon.

I showed them their true selves. Normally the reaction is not so...violent. They must have been truly horrible beings, he said calmly, mentally bracing himself for the barrage of questions he suspected were coming. Whenever anyone heard about this ability of his, they always wanted to know more. Such as the pirate captain when Luka had been a youngster of only four centuries. He chased Luka up and down the coast of his homeland for years, before Luka finally tired of it and set fire to his ship. Luka might have tolerated it indefinitely, but the captain wasn't just curious. He had wanted to enslave him and use his power for his own gain.

His pearl-colored eyes settled on Erza for a moment, then he went back to cleaning his spikes. He noticed how unnaturally still she had became after the discussion of his power began.

Like the majestic dragon, Saphira, you are brave and ferocious in battle but also deep in ancient wisdom. You think before flying headfirst into battle. You prefer the solitude of the wilderness to the populated cities of Alagaesia.

SF Facebook

Raven & Oceanis, Tobias & Avalon, Taren, Valora, Liam, Aero, Arston & Arturos, Jason,
Lee & Melanthor, Silas, Asa & Naor, Darian, Illuna, Blake, Anastasia, Luka, Rok, Gwen, Ryker

There's no such thing as sane, we're all crazy.
Well hello Captain Obvious...Nice to meet you, I'm Lieutenant Sarcasm. >:)
Something here doesn't make sense. Let's go and poke it with a stick. - The Doctor

Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me while I'm cross!

November 21st, 2011, 5:48 pm
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Location: Far beyond the stars in a world only I could live in
Thank you, everyone, for your offer to help, Syllwin said truly grateful. She shared their despite even if she wasn't the most socialable of her kind. Dragons, after all, had to stick together if they were ever going to defeat the ones who wished to see the dragon race dead.

Syl listened to Luka's explination on how exactly his power worked. Already he seemed hesitant and uncomfortable at sharing this piece of information. She knows the kind of body language that someone has something to hide or is unwilling to speak about anything personal. She would know; Syl kept things to herself very frequently.

It shows your...true self, Syllwin repeated, raising an eye ridge. You mean, as in what is within our heart? She took a moment to absorb that, and then she nodded. Well in this case that power came in pretty handy. She didn't push anything else out of him, knowing that if he were willing to talk more about it he would have said something. Syl hated how others pushed information out of her and Luka seemed to be the same way.

Syl then said, Well, if we're going to get started we might as well stock up on food and gather our strength for the up-coming battle. I don't know Qaeos very well personally, but I know he's very keen on perseption and distraction. He can look like anyone. He looked like Galbatorix at one point in time but it was an illusion. My plan the whole time has been to fight fire with fire.

November 21st, 2011, 10:06 pm
Wise DragonRider
Wise DragonRider

Erza nodded slightly at Luka's explanation of his power. She suspected that "showing them their true selves" had something to do with the fact that Luka seemed to be just a giant mirror. However, she didn't push the dragon for more information. Everyone here had secrets of some sort, and it would be foolish to reveal them all after only knowing one-another for about five minutes. If that is the case, then perhaps Qaeos has forgotten to mask his scent? If this were the case, then you could possibly sniff him out, Erza suggested. She didn't need to gather more supplies, for she had already hunted. However, gathering up strength sounded like a good idea. They didn't know much of Qaeos, but Syllwin had depicted him as being pretty strong.

Natsu crossed his arms, "Do you have an idea of where he might be? Even if you could distinguish his scent, if he's surrounded by a large mass of others, then the scents would mix together." He had some supplies back at his camp a couple of miles away, but he would wait until the essential parts of their plan were discussed before he temporarily left the others to get something to eat.

Good: Natsu and Erza Zereldn Hawke and Elisa Arcenis Nate Arka

Neutral: Lakris and Sylverta Malazan

Evil: Dedread Crugan Zar'rac FreohrOracion

November 30th, 2011, 12:19 am
Cycle Moderator
Cycle Moderator

Luka was grateful when they didn't ask him anymore about his power. He curled his long, thin tail around himself and peered at the others coolly. I ate yesterday, I won't need to eat for a few days at least. More than anything, I am tired from using my abilities. I will remain here, or perhaps move to a safer location, while the three of you make your necessary preparations for the journey, he said, already looking around to gauge the area around them. He spotted a rock jutting about twenty feet out of the ground at a diagonal. The earth around it was free of trees, shrubs, and other obstacles for at least a hundred feet in each direction.

He flicked each of their minds, sending a brief image of himself sunning on the rock, then strode over to it. He climbed all the way up the rock, then draped his wings over each side and laid his head on the ground. He blinked at the others a few times to indicate he was content, then allowed his inner eyelids to close.

He watched Syllwin through the opaque lids for a moment, then reached out to her mind alone. No, it's similar to a true name. Your true self is the physical representation of your very being, it's your true name made visible. Sometimes people who already knew their true names have been driven very nearly mad when they saw it reflected on a Mirror Dragon's hide. It's one thing to hear who you are, it's an entirely different thing to actually see it, he said quietly. If she still wanted his help after hearing that, she was a very brave dragoness.

OOC: This is Luka's first rp, and he has a lot of strange abilities that I'd like to show off, so feel free to have your charries see stuff on his skin. :) (Check out his bio for more info.)

Like the majestic dragon, Saphira, you are brave and ferocious in battle but also deep in ancient wisdom. You think before flying headfirst into battle. You prefer the solitude of the wilderness to the populated cities of Alagaesia.

SF Facebook

Raven & Oceanis, Tobias & Avalon, Taren, Valora, Liam, Aero, Arston & Arturos, Jason,
Lee & Melanthor, Silas, Asa & Naor, Darian, Illuna, Blake, Anastasia, Luka, Rok, Gwen, Ryker

Something here doesn't make sense. Let's go and poke it with a stick. - The Doctor

November 30th, 2011, 1:42 am
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

OOC: Oh totally. :) That'd be cool, ooo I just got an idea!!! 8) I'm gonna try it out. heehee.

IC:

Syllwin thought for a moment, frowning in concentration, as her new companions questioned whether Qaeos had remembered to cover his tracks. She certianly captured his scent, no doubt about that, but he could have taken precautions. He was as brilliant as he was evil. We'd better stay on the lookout anyway, even with a scent, she finally concluded. He's cunning, I'm not sure what tricks he would pull. However, the last time I had seen him we were in the Beors. He seems to hover around the mountianous regions. Perhaps we should scout the base of the Spine and pick up some clues. Those are the only two places I would think he'd pitch camp. His minions had ambushed me from the west anyway, it's a good place to start as any.

Luka had spoken to Syl, explaining how a true self is similar to a true name, only it increases ten fold. She cocked her head up at him, listening to the explination. When he had finished, Syl was in awe at the raw energy his scales produced, more so of what it could do to good and evil sides of a person. It's almost a bitter-sweet ability isn't it? she murmured. To find out what you're like on the inside and yet the very possibility of being unable to handle it. There was a guard in Luka's expression, as if he expected Syl to shun him after sharing such an incredible secret towards his power. Listen, I know what it's like to be different...granted, I don't have mad-driving powers, but nonetheless, they're strange. If you're still willing to come along and help, that's up to you, but-

Syl cut herself off when she captured a glimpse of Luka's side as it reflected in the sunlight. She stared at that piece of him for a moment, being drawn in by his mirror scales. For a moment, Syl went into a daze. Then, she saw...something...Luka and her...flying together...?

IC: Is that okay?

November 30th, 2011, 5:02 am
Wise DragonRider
Wise DragonRider

OOC: Can Erza see a memory of her past instead? If not, I'll remove it.

IC: Erza raised her head as silence passed for a moment. Luka's eyes were closed, but Syllwin had glanced at Luka. Either some silent message had passed between the two, or they were having a sort of mental conversation. Yes, it couldn't be anything else. The silenced moment was brief, but still noticeable. Erza wondered what had transpired between the two, for Syllwin had begun to stare at Luka's body in awe. Erza's eyes narrowed: was now the time to gawk at one another so curiously? No, Syllwin wasn't the type to prolong their departure just to marvel at Luka's body lustfully. There must have been someone else happening. Erza growled inwardly at being left out of the conversation, but supposed that it was for a reason. A flicker of movement along Luka's body caught her attention, and she directed her attention towards the movement. It was...three dragons, free-falling through the air. It seemed they could do nothing to prevent the sudden powerful force of gravity placed on them. They landed painfully, two of the dragons moreso than the other gray female. Erza's eyes widened, and she nearly snarled in outrage at Luka, but she held herself back, wiping away all emotion. She spread her wings wide and wrapped her tail around Natsu's torso, placing him on the saddle.

While he strapped himself in, Erza glanced at the others. We'll be back in a couple of minutes, she said shortly, taking to the skies. Natsu glanced at her curiously as she flew; what had caught her attention on Luka's body? Her and Syllwin both, actually. Is it anything you want to talk about? Natsu asked quietly.

Erza wasn't paying attention to him now, however. She was focusing on that memory that plagued her mind still even after the years that have passed. How...how did it appear on that dragon's scales? Did he have something to do with what happened that night so long ago? A snarl overtook her features and she flew faster, letting out her anger of the unknown in her flight.

December 1st, 2011, 3:14 am
Cycle Moderator
Cycle Moderator

OOC: Lol, actually I've never considered that, so I don't see a problem with it. :) No need to edit. :)

Luka snorted, opening his eyes completely. Syllwin and Erza were both staring at him and the scent of their unease was heavy in the air. What? he asked, cocking an eyeridge at them. It was all he could do to not subconsciously check his side and make sure he didn't have something nasty clinging to it. The other eyeridge joined the other one as Erza took off in a rather disturbed fashion. Luka lifted his head off his paws to watch her go.

When she was no longer visible and the thunder from the beat of her wings was almost gone, he turned to Syllwin. What did I do? he asked in confusion. The unease of the two dragoness' was messing with the calm the warm sunlight had pulled him into. He restlessly sat up and stared at Syllwin for a minute, then decided to answer her question even though it sounded rhetorical.

I wouldn't know. I've never had the power used on me before, and I don't see whatever it is my victims do, he said pensively. He had always wondered what his true self looked like, but had never been brave enough to ask. And then before he could ask, it was too late. He sighed moodily, his black humor settling into place once more.

SF Facebook

December 1st, 2011, 8:49 pm
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Syllwin shook her head after a minute, realizing that the image had vanished as quickly as it had come. She wasn't even sure what she had seen, but whatever it was both Luka and Syl seemed very happy in that brief moment. Syl wondered what it meant. When Luka seemed disturbed at having not only her stare at him like he had something hanging from his nose but so had Ezra. She must had seen something too. Before Syl could ask her what she had seen, Erza had stalked off with Natsu, allowing a feroucious roar out to the no one in particular. She sounded angry and hurt. Syl hoped that she would be alright, that whatever she had seen would not linger darkly in her heart.

She must have seen something too, Syl murmured mostly to herself. She looked up back at Luka, his confusion meeting her own. Luka, how well do you know your powers? I mean I know you don't know what happens to your victims, but surely there are other things that someone could see without going mad. Can someone see...the future in your scales? She was feeling nervous herself, but didn't let on that she was.

December 1st, 2011, 9:11 pm
Wise DragonRider
Wise DragonRider

Erza descended on Natsu's small camp and averted her gaze. Natsu knew something was up and he unstrapped himself from the saddle and slipped off. He stomped along the ground until he reached Erza and he stood in front of her, his eyes fierce. What's wrong? It wasn't a question anymore, and Erza could tell that when she glanced down on her heart-and-mind-bond. Sighing, she dipped her head, going along with his wishes. However, rather then tell him what happened, she replayed the images through his mind. Natsu's eyes glazed over with sadness and realization.

He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. What do you think it means? he asked slowly.

Erza pondered this for a moment. I don't know. I don't think he meant to show me what he did, but it might be important somehow, she confessed.

Natsu's eyes narrowed. He's a Mirror Dragon. His body is like one giant mirror. He showed you something of your past, the images reflecting off of his very body as if it were real. It can't be a coincidence. Ask him about any. . .special powers of his, whenever you can. With all said, Natsu began to gather what he might need from his camp. There was no telling what they'd run into, so he hid Erza's eldunari in an unbreakable box before layering it with wards. No one could even touch it without his permission as it was now, other than himself and Erza. When that was finished, they returned to the clearing Luka and Syllwin were located in.

"We're ready whenever you two are," Natsu murmured.

December 7th, 2011, 9:23 pm
Cycle Moderator
Cycle Moderator

Luka's narrowed, Syllwin mumbled something to herself, but before he could catch the meaning of the thought, it was gone. See the future? Yes, it has been known to happen, but it's rare. Why? Do you think she saw something? he said, looking straight at her, his eyes no longer half-lidded. He cocked his head a little bit and studied the uneasy look in her eyes. Did you see something? he asked sharply, standing up and walking over to her. Perhaps she had seen something that would help them on their quest.

The Mirror Dragon's head snapped up as he heard the roar of wind pass over Erza's wings as she landed close by. Same here, I'm ready to leave when you are, he said to Syllwin. He backed away and acted casually, like nothing strange had happened. Although obviously it has, he thought to himself, a wry twist to his mouth.

SF Facebook

December 8th, 2011, 1:16 am
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Syllwin blinked in surprise but narrowed her eyes as she opened her mouth to say something about the vision. However she was interupted by the sounds of wind from above. It was Erza, reappearing after going to prepare for the trip. She still appeared down, and Natsu had a dark look on his face. This was already starting out to turn into a mood-swing fest. She wasn't sure what to say to Luka, as he dropped the subject and was prepared to leave. They all were, including Syl. Luka dropped the subject, but Syl knew it wasn't forgotten, nor would it go away. If it was as rare as Luka stated, he was just as curious to know what she had seen, as well as Erza.

I can set aside my hunt for later, I...lost my appitite anyway, Syl murmured, taking a couple steps back. Our best bet is to head towards the Spine. Qaeos prefers the mountains it seems. It's a day's flight away from here, but if we don't reach it before nightfall we can always make camp and continue in the morning. Syl looked around at the dragonrider and the two dragons, feeling uncomfortable directing them towards an enemy. If anything she was surprised they were listening to her as she was the youngest, around 10 years of age. Syl opened her wings and ascended towards the sky. Then if you're all ready we'll take off now.

December 9th, 2011, 12:43 am
Wise DragonRider
Wise DragonRider

Natsu nodded, glancing towards the general direction of the Spine. If it wasn't Galbatorix, it was one of his crazed (ex) minions it seemed. The king seemed to hardly be a threat anymore when dozens of other powerful (though not as much so as Galbatorix, of course) threats lurked Alagaesia. Yes, we should leave as soon as possible, Erza said to Syllwin. She flared her large gray wings and flapped them several times, kicking off into the air. Natsu was a little skeptical as to whether or not they would be able to find Qaeos. The man could take the form of nearly anyone, and he could be anywhere in Alagaesia. If they did find him, they had to be extremely careful not to lose him lest he goes into hiding.

December 10th, 2011, 11:18 pm
Cycle Moderator
Cycle Moderator

Luka jumped into the air, pummeling the sky with his wings to gain height and speed as quickly as possible. He leveled off beside Erza, debating about whether or not to ask the gray dragoness what had happened earlier. The mirror dragon watched her out of the corner of his eye for a moment, then decided to wait until she had had more time to calm down. With a subtle tilt of his wing, he slid to the right.

I think it would be wise to camp for the night, even if it appears as though we will make it before dark. It would not be wise to continue on if you are not at full strength. Perhaps you will have regained your appetite by nightfall, he said quietly. He receded from the other's minds, then allowed his own thoughts and musings about what the two other dragons might have seen on his hide swell to the forefront of his mind.

SF Facebook

December 11th, 2011, 3:54 am
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Syllwin took off into the sky after them, her mind still swirling around what had just happened. When Erza spoke to Syl, her eyes were glazed over with thoughts Syl wondered if they were about what she had seen in Luka's scales. But she didn't say anything, instead she flew closer to the dragons as they headed west towards the Spine.

As they flew, Luka mentioned how it definately would be wise if they made camp even if they made it by dark. Syl agreed, but when he made the remark about her regaining her appetite she felt guilt roll over her in black waves. She knew that remark may have sounded rude and cold but honestly Syl didn't know what else to say. She wasn't a dragon who could easily apologize. It would come out just as rude. Instead she remained silent on Luka's comment.

When we arrive we should keep an eye out for the tallest mountain, Syl replied, gaining slight altitude. Qaeos always seemed to enjoy being far up, she added darkly, remembering the time when she and Aaron had fought their way out of the maze within that mountain a while ago. Bigger mountains meant bigger space for tricks and traps.

December 14th, 2011, 7:16 pm
Wise DragonRider
Wise DragonRider

Erza agreed with Luka about camping for the night. Then we can get a fresh start exploring the mountains in the morning, Erza added. On Syllwin's comment about Qaeos preferring to be high up, Erza asked, Then wouldn't he prefer to settle in the Beors? An averagely-sized mountain in the Beors would scale much higher over the tallest mountain in the Spine, she said. Although, the reputation of the Spine would keep most from entering their boundaries. On the flip-side, there were so much places to hide in the Beors that exploring them would take lifetimes. Natsu didn't want to shout over the wind, so he decided to let Erza speak for him in case he had something to say.

December 16th, 2011, 1:15 am