It is currently December 12th, 2018, 1:18 pm

All times are UTC

Looking for Answers 
DragonRider
DragonRider

Affiliation: Skulblakans
Post Re: Looking for Answers
Medalanim's eyes dimmed with worry, ignoring the comforting touch from Taren. Then to be safe, we will assume he does, so that we are prepared for the worst. . . Yet I doubt even the most twisted of dragons can stand against the four of us combined.

Medalanim wandered in thought for a few seconds, scheming about what to do if Kalo detected them, but then snapped out of it and looked at the scale. But even with evil on our tails, it will be harder for them to find us when we are already long gone when they reach here. It's best if you start searching for clues now, Keia, Lean. And be quick. Time may not be on our side.

Medalanim Nesa
Tyran Vaerin
<::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::)}====<>
--WARNING--
If you or someone you know experiences 5 or more of these symptoms:
-Smug, relaxed, or gentle grin plastered on face-Random giddiness-Irrational desire to talk about ponies/ show off ponies-Daydreaming-Urge to listen to, whistle, hum, or even sing MLP songs or Brony songs-Urge to sporadically do something good-Draw Ponies-Watch episodes of MLP-Urge to write/read Fanfiction-Irrational joy-Urge to sing MLP songs at the top of your lungs, despite others around-Listen to MLP songs full volume on the biggest speakers you can find-Pinkie Pie like giddiness and energy-Loss of the ability to feel shame and disappointment-Elated euphoria every time you say something pony related-Carefree thoughts-increased energy in movements and walking
They might like the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Ponies are for everyone. Consult an experienced Brony before use.

January 17th, 2012, 6:44 pm
Cycle Moderator
Cycle Moderator

Affiliation: Dragonriders
Dragon: Melanthor
OOC: I'm thinking a little fight-or-flight would be good, so if y'all have any charries that work for Galby or someone else, feel free to bring them in for a fight scene or two. If y'all don't have any, I can bring in Arston and Arturos. (I won't keep them around though, just long enough to get themselves in trouble.) :)

Medalanim's right, we should hurry just in case. If you find something, call us and we will come to you, it will save time, he said to them. He put his head down close to the scale they had found, crooning softly. Thank-you Keia, you don't know how much it means to me that you are helping find her. That you all are helping me, he said, licking her human form lightly on the forearm.

He looked up at the sky, the sun was just passed the midday mark. You still have many hours of daylight left. I have a good feeling about this, he said to them. In the back of his mind he strangled the uneasy feeling that was making his scales itch before the others could hear it.

Like the majestic dragon, Saphira, you are brave and ferocious in battle but also deep in ancient wisdom. You think before flying headfirst into battle. You prefer the solitude of the wilderness to the populated cities of Alagaesia.

SF Facebook

Raven & Oceanis, Tobias & Avalon, Taren, Valora, Liam, Aero, Arston & Arturos, Jason,
Lee & Melanthor, Silas, Asa & Naor, Darian, Illuna, Blake, Anastasia, Luka, Rok, Gwen, Ryker

There's no such thing as sane, we're all crazy.
Well hello Captain Obvious...Nice to meet you, I'm Lieutenant Sarcasm. >:)
Something here doesn't make sense. Let's go and poke it with a stick. - The Doctor

Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me while I'm cross!

January 17th, 2012, 8:35 pm
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Dragon: Faelia
OOC:
I don't have anyone currently in the Empire. XD

IC:
Keia nodded to Taren and smiled as he licked her arm. She reached out and rubbed his snout gently with her hand. It's a very small thing I can do to repay all the evil I've done in my life... she said to him privately, while aloud she said,"Of course." She turned to continue her search, but not before tossing a quick "Be careful" over her shoulder at both dragons.

OOC:
Ew, short...

Neutral: Leanbrara Naixul Autarkeia Sevena Vena Kenai
Evil: Iaras Leurgan
I will watch over your charries too, Rathon.
Image Image

January 23rd, 2012, 7:07 am
DragonRider
DragonRider

OOC: I have Vaerin. He's itching for something to do.

IC: Medalanim nodded slowly in agreement with Taren about calling them when they find something, and then watched as the two human-shaped-dragons left. As soon as they were out of Medalnim's sight, she she turned to Taren, her gaze dim. I don't know about you, but I have a bad feeling about this. I think that we are being followed, and something tells me that it will meet us very soon. She said with a tone of suspicion. She was telling the truth; she felt indeed that there was a presence coming towards them from her connection with the magic in her body.

But then a twinkle began to shine in her eye as her mood changed drastically, However I've been coming up with a plan for a while now. What if we wait for them to come to us? We can easily ambush them, using your talents in illusions to bait them, and using these mountains to our advantage. I know that together we can take whomever the King sends, and once the threat is eliminated we can search safely, or at least, buy us some time. What do you think? Medalanim twitched when she heard a plant rustle from a nearby animal, but then relaxed again.

Medalanim Nesa
Tyran Vaerin
--WARNING--
-Smug, relaxed, or gentle grin plastered on face-Random giddiness-Irrational desire to talk about ponies/ show off ponies-Daydreaming-Urge to listen to, whistle, hum, or even sing MLP songs or Brony songs-Urge to sporadically do something good-Draw Ponies-Watch episodes of MLP-Urge to write/read Fanfiction-Irrational joy-Urge to sing MLP songs at the top of your lungs, despite others around-Listen to MLP songs full volume on the biggest speakers you can find-Pinkie Pie like giddiness and energy-Loss of the ability to feel shame and disappointment-Elated euphoria every time you say something pony related-Carefree thoughts-increased energy in movements and walking
They might like the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Ponies are for everyone. Consult an experienced Brony before use.

January 23rd, 2012, 12:59 pm
Cycle Moderator
Cycle Moderator

OOC: That sounds fun Bris, I've never seen you rp with Vaerin before. :)

Taren rumbled the air in the back of his throat, creating a noise that wasn't exactly a purr or a growl, when Keia bade them to be careful. He watched the two dragons leave, wondering how they were able to remain standing without a tail for balance, as they normally would have. He looked at Medalanim, a thoughtful look on his face. I guess I shouldn't be surprised you noticed, as in tune with wild magic as you are. You're feeling the anticipation of all the wild things, plant-life included, that they always feel before a battle. It goes unnoticed by most of us, but you aren't most of us, are you? he said, a twinkle in his eye. Then he huffed and looked at the ground between his toes, thinking.

Whoever it is must be reasonably, and probably more so, powerful. Galbatorix knows there is at least one other with Keia and Lean, who are powerful in their own rights, so he wouldn't send just anyone. I'm not seeing how my illusions can be of any help, unless you plan on ensnaring them in something designed to send them mad, he said slowly, images playing out in his head as he thought up different ideas.

After a minute he grumbled, a dark plume of smoke rolling up from his nostrils and twisting around his head, dissipating in the light breeze. I could probably think up something, but it would be so much easier if I knew who he was sending and a little something about them, he said, making a mental note to find out all he could about Galbatorix's servants. But you said you've been coming up with a plan... Dare I ask? he said, grinning with malicious anticipation.

Like the majestic dragon, Saphira, you are brave and ferocious in battle but also deep in ancient wisdom. You think before flying headfirst into battle. You prefer the solitude of the wilderness to the populated cities of Alagaesia.

SF Facebook

Raven & Oceanis, Tobias & Avalon, Taren, Valora, Liam, Aero, Arston & Arturos, Jason,
Lee & Melanthor, Silas, Asa & Naor, Darian, Illuna, Blake, Anastasia, Luka, Rok, Gwen, Ryker

Something here doesn't make sense. Let's go and poke it with a stick. - The Doctor

January 23rd, 2012, 4:33 pm
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

OOC:
Meh, pass...Keia and Lean are pretty much just looking for evidence of a dragon presence...

Image Image

February 4th, 2012, 10:37 am
DragonRider
DragonRider

Medalanim turned to Taren, a sly grin etched on her face. Well it is just that. Because Galbatorix has sent out one of his best after us, he expects us to run. A predator doesn't expect to become prey when it is on the hunt, so I plan to ambush them using the mountains as protection and cover.

Medalanim gestured towards the mountains, at the end of the long, thin valley that on it's borders the cliff was perched, surrounded by steep cliffs and slopes. Flying or not, they would come through the same end of the valley that we came in. The mountains on either side are forested and have multiple caves, which will be able to hide us. We will create an illusion of us, feeding off of the energy of the surrounding trees to divert their attention and give them something to chase, where they will follow to there. Medalanim swung her head towards where the valley branched into two, and then towards the end of the smaller branch, which was surrounded by cliffs and had no other exits. The other one was where Keia and Lean were. Once they think they've cornered us, we'll come from behind and take them down. If we are able to find their intentions before we attack, we can possibly determine if they deserve to live, but if not, then we may just have to kill them to be safe.

Medalanim turned back to Taren, eyes beaming. If my Rider still lived, he probably would have already had the trap in place. He was a master of scheming, but I think I've learned a bit. Do you think it will work?

------------------
Vaerin sniffed the cold mountain air, looking into the sky. Looming above him was a gigantic black cloud of residual magic, left from what a witness described to be the former subject of Galbatorix, Leanbrara changing to her true size.

The cloud tapered off in the distance deeply inside the Spine. Varin blinked and stood up, turning towards the troop of what he liked to call the Black Guard that followed him. Clothed in black armor that was silenced by even darker cloaks, they were enhanced in strength and speed like him, and their weapons were enhanced with foul curses and oaths that were meant to burn and dissolve draconic flesh. Several enchantments that were originally tested on Vaerin were used to create them, and although he felt slightly proud, they were without will, which disappointed him; they only followed orders and he knew it would inevitably lead them to their pointless deaths.

But when on a mission to kill dragon's they were needed, if just to distract them at least while Vaerin goes for the kill. A bloody mission awaited him anyways, set to end the lives of Keia, Lean and whomever they are travelling with. The lives of the men meant nothing, and the lives of the dragons he hunted he wanted gone.

"We're getting closer. Keep a closed formation and stay alert." Vaerin commanded, before running at a set, fast pace into the mountains.

Medalanim Nesa
Tyran Vaerin
--WARNING--

February 4th, 2012, 2:04 pm
Cycle Moderator
Cycle Moderator

Taren thought about it for a moment, gauging how much strength it would take for such a feat and whether or not it would be too much for the local plant life to sustain. After a few minutes, he looked at Medalanim, grinning broadly. It is most certainly doable, but we need to get started immediately. Fly through the valley for me, would you? I'll use your movements to make the illusion as lifelike as possible, and my own for the second. To make them appear to be more than mirror copies of each other, I need two separate movement patterns, he said, leaping into the air as he spoke. He draped a net of magic over Medalanim and another over himself, each sending the gathered information to the spell of illusion he was working in his mind.

He flew slowly, letting the magic drift into the plants below. Almost as if they knew the importance of what was happening, they sucked the magic up like giant sponges, ready to relay it at a moment's notice. When he reached the end of the valley Medalanim had indicated, he pulled up and looked back at her. Let's go back now, I'll alter the images as we pass to resemble Lean and Keia, since they're the one's the king really wants, he said, turning and summoning up as clear a memory of the black and sienna dragons as he could.

SF Facebook

February 4th, 2012, 9:46 pm
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

OOC:
Pass...again....They're still looking for clues, can't think of anything specific and I don't wanna write two lines about then searching for more stuff....=w=

Image Image

February 28th, 2012, 8:28 am
DragonRider
DragonRider

Medalanim nodded gleefully, letting a toothy grin part her lips. Lifting off the ground with a tremendous leap, she followed Taren's instructions to the letter, following him closely as they trailed down the valley to it's end and back.

She returned to the location where they had started, but instead of landing, she took a sharp turn back to the fork of the canyon and peered with the best of her ability for a perfect ambush spot. She growled with slight distaste at the fact that there wasn't a cave in sight that could hold both her and Taren together, but two separate caves close to each other high on the southern side of the entrance was adequate. On closer inspection, she found that it was going to be a tight fit, but they would just have enough room to be able to crawl out and fly quickly, and they would be in deep enough to not be seen by anyone down below.

As she turned to Taren, a faint discomforting smell entered her nostrils that caused her tail to twitch, and her body to already shudder with the thrill of war. I found our hiding locations. We better hurry; whatever is hunting us is closing in on the trail. Duck inside as best you can, and try and hide your mind to the best of your ability, as well as lowering your magic. Get ready for a fight. . .

Medalanim took her place in one of the crevices in the stone cliffs, and crammed her bulky form in until her snout was just barely covered in shadow. Her eyes narrowed from anticipation and she licked her lips, I've been waiting for this for far too long. . .

---------------
Vaerin's pace increased further to that of a horse in full gallop as he ran through the mountain foothills; trees, rocks, and streams passing by in a blur. The same went for his guard, always able to keep up, but never speaking a word.

Soon enough, he peered up and found himself at the entrance to the valley, who's walls glowed with the essences of four dragons in the air; one a brilliant yellow-gold appearing almost as a trail of burning wheat, another a black that mirrored the depths of a starless, moonless night, one bronze and brilliant as a polished breastplate, and one a shockingly bright electric indigo, that irked Vaerin with it's shimmering power. They were definitely close, possibly within sight if the dragons lifted into the air.

He slowed his pace to a walk to quiet the noise, the guards following suit in an almost mirror-like fashion, and while quietly giving off orders with sign language, drew one of many poisoned weapons from within his cloak. The hunt was on.

Medalanim Nesa
Tyran Vaerin
--WARNING--

March 15th, 2012, 11:35 pm
Cycle Moderator
Cycle Moderator

Taren barreled towards the cave Medalanim had indicated, not bothering to slow himself. He could sense the same evil in the air that she could, now that it was closer. The wrongness of it had his scales itching from the tip of his snout to the base of his tail. He flared his wings at the last moment to drop a bit of speed, then pulled his wings in, clearing the edges of the cave with a few feet to spare. The bronze dragon grunted as he tried to turn around and face the mouth of the cave, a tough feat in such tight quarters.

When he was ready, he breathed in a measured breath and released, soon reaching a medatative state that when coupled with his impressive mental barriers, would hide his energy and consciousness. He was just alert enough to know when it was time to launch his spell, his bronze eyes staring almost sightlessly at the place where the two dragonesses would appear to take off. He sent a wisp of thought to Medalanim, I'm ready, just tell me when to activate the illusion.

SF Facebook

March 17th, 2012, 5:26 pm
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

OOC:
Nothing to add, not yet...pass. >.>

Image Image

May 6th, 2012, 4:44 am