It is currently December 16th, 2018, 12:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 ~To Honor Brom~Breanna's Story 
Admin
Admin

Affiliation: SF Rebels
Dragon: Imnaha
Post ~To Honor Brom~Breanna's Story

The diminutive female figure trotted determinedly into the wilderness of the Spine. Though her countenance did not betray the turmoil of her thoughts and heart, a fierce, unwavering resolution to accomplish her goal was all which really mattered.
She had decided it was time to work against the Empire, come out of hiding and make her way back to her Osilion, her place of birth. She would then travel to Ellesmera, seek audience with Queen Islanzadi and place her gifts at the service of the cause.

Breanna, a petite, slender half-human, half-elf girl, with large almond shaped hazel eyes’ were at the moment shaded by long light burnish brown lashes. They held back the tears threatening to flow. Dressed in simple, sturdy brown pants, a burnish orange, long sleeved tunic on which an earth tone leather sheath belt was strapped on her diminutive waist. From the top of the sheath an Elvin made sword hilt, shaped as a bird in flight can be seen. She carried two leather packs on her back which contained the most necessary gear for her long journey. Her sturdy leather boots stepped with never failing assurance.

It had been ten days since she had said her farewells to her parents. The longing and pain she carried for them, felt like an anvil weighing her down from the center of her chest. She had the skills, she had the tools, she had the commitment, but was her goal realistic? Yes it was. Brom had given his life to the cause. For decades he fought the evil King. He had undermined their forces in small but defining ways. She would avenge Brom’s death. She would continue his legacy. She would help make a difference.

Above Breanna, a majestic, pure white eagle would fly from branch to branch as Breanna walked through the dense vegetation of the Spine. The bird cawed loudly and Breanna stopped, looking at it she said; “When are we going to halt for the night?” “Maybe, very soon.” “Light is fading and I have not yet found the place I would like to raise our camp.”

Breanna was tired. Wearily she dropped her packs with a loud, thump. She decided to halt her journey for the day. She wanted to bathe, consume some sort of food and rest. Her keen eyes scanned the surroundings. She looked carefully gyrating her body as she surveyed the forest. Twenty feet further ahead, she saw some branches which formed an overhang. She moved towards it; as she got closer she was delighted to see how the low hanging branches intertwined with each other. The close knitted, meshed branches would provide protection from the night mist and the morning dew. She scanned the earth for rocks or twigs which could bother her back. Soon, when the earth was cleared Breanna walked to get her packs. She first opened the one which held the few garments she had brought with her. Pulling out a pair of clean trousers and tunic, a large cloth to dry herself, she walked towards the path which led towards the river. Slowly she removed her garments and dove head first into the crisp, cold water of the river. She could not avoid a shrill scream when the chilly water made contact with her warm body.
Shaylee cawed amused! “I guess this bath will really wash off the dust, the weariness and your skin!” Breanna, playfully splashed a handful of water at Shaylee, who immediately flew off away from the frigid water. She finished her bath, dressed in the clean clothes and then pulled over the clothes she had taken off. She proceeded to wash the garments, while she hummed under her breath. Once finished, she returned to her chosen camping area. After hanging the wet pants and tunic, Breanna started a fire. She picked up her second pack, rummaged through it and pulled out the few cooking utensils she brought for her trip. Again she went to the river bank, washed the few tools, fetched some water in the pot and returned to her fire. She dropped in some leaves, berries and yucca roots she had dug up from the earth on her day’s march. She then sat on the ground, hugged her knees and placed her chin on them and lost herself in her thoughts.

March 3rd, 2009, 11:58 pm
RPG Team Head
RPG Team Head

Location: attending a pie-eating contest with the other aspiring evil overlords
Affiliation: Skulblakans
Dragon: Ardel
Post Re: ~To Honor Brom~Breanna's Story
OOC: Oo, I like long introductory posts. :)

IC: As night fell over the land, one of the first stars of the evening suddenly blinked into existence and began moving slowly across the sky. As it soared directly above a pine forest in the Spine, it paused, and came to a stop. The star blinked out, and only a small dark shape could be seen where it had been.

Phalynx, the reason for the "star," had noticed something far below, amongst the trees. A distinctly elven shape was beneath her, and an unfamiliar one at that. However, it wasn't completely elf-ish. Perhaps she's only part elf, Phal thought. She extended her concsiousness below and brushed the other's mind with only the barest and most brief of touches, not wanting to startle her. Yes, a half-elf, she realized.

Phal pulled into a steep dive, letting her overly large wings carry her to the ground with ease. Though she had been several miles in the air, it only took a few minutes for her to get about three-hundred feet from the forested earth below.

Greetings, half-elf. My name is Phalynx. To what may I attribute your presence in the Spine? she called to the figure below as she hovered. Phal's star-colored scales glittered in the fading light, and her green eyes, with the gold stripe in the right one, swept around the wood for signs of danger.

****Phalynx**Solarae**Rigel**Alna'ir**Sirius**Ecco**Temias**Kalo****

And I'm watching out for your charries, ILS.
*****Faefnir***Navarre***Rimfax*****

March 4th, 2009, 3:55 am
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Affiliation: Dragonriders
OOC: Care if i join?

Image Image
Mother Teresa: "I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love."
Bernard Malamud: "Without heroes we are all plain people and don't know how far we can go."

March 4th, 2009, 9:04 pm
Admin
Admin

OOC: I would be more than happy for you to join, Kit. Just please wait until I introduce the counterpart of my character.

Last edited by Lady Brisingr on March 5th, 2009, 2:16 am, edited 4 times in total.

March 5th, 2009, 12:11 am
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

OOC:I guess, what do mean by that if i may ask?

Image Image
Mother Teresa: "I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love."
Bernard Malamud: "Without heroes we are all plain people and don't know how far we can go."

March 5th, 2009, 12:28 am
Admin
Admin

OOC: What I mean is that I have a male character (~Erendil~)which is to eventually be paired with Breanna.

It would be great if you would read the character's bio, so that when you do join, the story would flow seamlessly.

IC: Breanna leapt to her feet. Her reaction was not out of fear, but out of wonder. Automatically, as natural as breathing, she extended out a tendril of thought to detect danger. What she encountered was a consciousness so beautiful, so pure, that her breath hitched a soft, low gasp. Here, before her eyes was one of the most ancient, magical creatures of which Brom had depicted during those warm, long conversations. All the stories he had narrated to her over the years, materialized before her very eyes. Her round hazel eyes, shone with rapt attention, reverence and a deep emotion caused by the sight of the extraordinary, sublime being.
The majestic, bright, silver scales seem to illuminate her small camping ground. Breanna then touched her lips, twisted her right hand over her sternum, just as her father had taught her, and said "Atra esterní ono thelduin, Phalynx."
Breanna knew she must wait for her reply, before she could introduce herself and answer her questions.

March 5th, 2009, 2:20 am
RPG Team Head
RPG Team Head

OOC: Hope you can join soon, Kit. :)

IC: Phalynx returned the formal elvish greeting, inclining her long head to the half-elf. I am glad to see you are not frightened, or worse. I've gotten much fouler welcomes, she said with a small, warm laugh. The girl certainly shared elvenkind's reverance for dragons. Her eyes were positively glowing as she watched the young dragoness.

Phal fluttered elegantly down to the ground, flaring her wings a little as she landed to catch her descent. What is your name, young half-elf? And may I ask why you are in the Spine? Not many elves or their kin that I encounter here are simply wandering aimlessly, she said, folding her rather overly large wings against her sides.

March 5th, 2009, 4:12 am
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

OOC: okay, i'll read it when i get a chance. you should attach a link in your signiture to your bios, it makes it easier to find. Also just so you know, I'll be using Kit, Shyara, and Shyra, so if you're worried about Kit putting the moves :lol: on your character, don't worry, he'd get in very much trouble from his wife/mate.

Image Image

March 5th, 2009, 6:15 am
Admin
Admin

OOC: :lol: No, Kit, I was not worried about anyone "coming on" to Breanna. What worries me is that maybe I would not be able to have him flow effectively into the story.

IC: Breanna could not glance away from Phal. She knew she was acting as a child, however, she could not overcome her awe. "I am Breanna, daughter of Fergal and Vevina." Breanna extended her arm for Shaylee to perch on it and said, "This is Shaylee, my companion. As for my presence in the Spine, it has been my home for the past fourteen years." "I am on my way to seek revenge for the death of a dear one and to help fight the Empire."

March 5th, 2009, 8:04 pm
RPG Team Head
RPG Team Head

Phalynx smiled and nodded her head, happy with Breanna's response. Well, then I guess you've met with the right dragon, Breanna. I, too, am interested in defeating the Empire once and for all. Many of us are. There are still several dragons and riders left, and most of us work actively to fight the Empire, she said, and then laughed lightly, Especially me.

May I ask who the "dear one" you speak of is? They must have been very important to cause you to risk your life on this cause, Phal inquired, moving her head a little forward.

March 6th, 2009, 3:14 am
New DragonRider
New DragonRider

Location: Doing something interesting, like adjusting my tie.
OOC: I don't suppose if anyone minds me joining, I don't have any flashy colored text, but I'll try my best, eh? I'll wait for Erendil before posting, of course.

I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.. - The Doctor

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. - William Shakespeare

Going to try RPing again, anyone welcome to join if you can bare my failure. :P
Chars: Skylar

March 6th, 2009, 3:22 am
RPG Team Head
RPG Team Head

OOC: Wait... wait a minute... why does it suddenly say that all of LadyBrisingr's posts were made by AnnieBee? Why did it suddenly change? Is that seriously you? Was it the whole time? Or is something weird going on? Why would it change if it was, though? And how... why... Aah!!! I AM CONFUSED!!!!! WHAT IS GOING ON HERE???!!!

March 7th, 2009, 2:00 am
New DragonRider
New DragonRider

Location: Doing something interesting, like adjusting my tie.
OOC: ... Now that you mention it... I.. what? What is going on here? Unless I was somehow high lastnight.. all the posts were by Lady Brisingr... But now.. Anniebee.. But... Indeed, what is going on?

I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.. - The Doctor

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. - William Shakespeare

Going to try RPing again, anyone welcome to join if you can bare my failure. :P
Chars: Skylar

March 7th, 2009, 2:04 am
Sovereign DragonRider
Sovereign DragonRider

Affiliation: Lamp Shade
OOC: That is what I was wondering...bye the way, when your ready, would it be ok if i join?

What happened to Sef?! No!

March 7th, 2009, 2:11 am
RPG Team Head
RPG Team Head

OOC: Okay, good, so it's not just my comp going crazy or something odd. But seriously, what's up?

March 7th, 2009, 2:12 am