It is currently October 16th, 2018, 7:00 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Return from Isolation 
Sovereign DragonRider
Sovereign DragonRider

Affiliation: Werecats
Post Re: Return from Isolation
Anthor thought for a minute and looked at his two blades, then an idea came to his mind. He looked for a large fist-sized stone and then levitaed it with magic. He manuvered the stone until it was directly in front of one of the orbs. Then he magically propelled it at the orb and winced as he heard the sharp ping of the stone on the orb. It did not break, but it did crack. The rider smiled and threw it again...

Gornath smiled at the orb cracked; Anthor was more than strong enough to break the evil bonds of the dark tyrant. He growled appreciateively as the stone hit its mark and it broke a little more. He said, Soon we will have you free of that suit. said the dragon.

Good:
Rema Sera Sarah & Voenth & Braith Anthor & Gornath Ranog & Urson Zelyts
Bad:
Nidhog Arnon & Tamar
Neutral:
Eschelon Herensuge Serena

September 10th, 2010, 8:36 pm
Expert DragonRider
Expert DragonRider

Affiliation: Dragonriders
Natagath heard the orb crack and became excited as it shattered with another blow. The magic left the orb and the broken pieces turned black as the energy within was released. Natagath silently waited as the remaining orbs were shattered one by one.

Paito and Seroc searched the north shore of Vroengard for Violeta.
"I wonder where she could be." the young rider said as he looked around for any sign of the lightning dragon.

There! I see her! Seroc shouted as he dived toward a clearing in the forest below. He landed in the clearing where Violeta was picking a deer bone clean.

I hope you have a good reason for interrupting my breakfast, hatchlings. said the lightning dragoness as she glared at them.

"Yes we do. There is something you should se. Come with us!" Paito shouted from Seroc's back.

This had better be good. Violeta said as she got to her feet and took off after Paito and Seroc as they lead her back to the others.

As soon as the last orb on his suit was shattered, Natagath said, "Well, this will either work or I'm just out of luck."
He immediately grabbed the gauntlet on his right hand and tugged as hard as he could. It would not give way. he tugged harder and put all his remaining strength into it. Just when it seemed that his attempt to escape from his metal prison had been a failure, the gauntlet suddenly slipped off his hand and Natagath's eyes followed it as it fell to the ground. Surprised, the elf looked at his right hand which was now exposed. It was the first time he had seen his skin since being sealed in the suit.

"Ha! Look a that!" he shouted as he stared down at his right hand. The skin was so pale from lack of exposure to the sun that the gedwey ignasia barely showed up.

"It worked! I can't believe it worked! Thank you so much, good sir! I can not adequately express my gratitude for what you have done. I must know your name. Who do I have to thank for saving me?"

Then he remembered that Violeta was on her way here. "I can't let her see me like this." the elf said as he grabbed the helmet and removed it, exposing his face to the world for the first time in decades. His eyes were sunken in and his skin was deathly pale but he still had his golden blond hair. He quickly removed the rest of the suit until all that remained was the tattered tunic he had been wearing underneath.

There was the sound of approaching wingbeats and Natagath turned to see Paito and Seroc returning with Violeta. He couldn't believe it. He was looking at his beautiful dragon for the first time in more than a century.He smiled and Violeta's jaw dropped open in disbelief.

After several seconds of staring in complete shock at what she was seeing, Violeta finally managed to speak, Natagath... is it really you?

The elf nodded and Violeta suddenly charged forward and scooped her rider up and embraced him in a strong hug.
It's really you! You are alive! I can't believe it!

"Oh Vi!" Natagath shouted tearfully as he wrapped his arms around Violeta's neck and buried his face in her fur. "I missed you so much."

The boogeyman check his closet for Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris checks his closet for Theodore Roosevelt.

Captain Kirk: Alright men, this is a dangerous mission and it's likely one of us will be killed. The landing party will consist of myself, Mr. Spock, Dr. McCoy, and Ensign Ricky.
Ensign Ricky: Aww crap!

Paito Grimm and Seroc's profile

Natagath's profile

Violeta's profile

Lethira's profile

Hurricane's profile

Evan's profile

Fletcher's profile

Agatha's profile

Mirriana's profile

Ezara's profile

Aurora's profile

September 11th, 2010, 9:35 pm
Sovereign DragonRider
Sovereign DragonRider

Anthor smiled at the rider and said, "I am Anthor, one of the few survivors of the fall. But we can talk later, it seems to me that you and Violeta will be busy for some time to come." said the rider as he climbed up on Gornath's back and motioned for Paito and Seroc to follow. Natagath and Violeta had likely not seen each other in more than one-hundred years. As they flew away from the newly reunited pair, Anthor mentally said to Paito and Seroc, How are you at combat?

Gornath smiled and flew back toward the other part off the city, glad that soon he would be able to practice his skills in fighting once more.

Good:
Bad:
Nidhog Arnon & Tamar
Neutral:

September 14th, 2010, 2:57 pm
Expert DragonRider
Expert DragonRider

Natagath, I am so sorry for... the lightning dragon started to say but her rider stopped her.

"Violeta, please tell me that you are not still blaming yourself for what happened. It was not your fault. Besides, had you not left me here, we would likely both be dead now."

The elf finally managed to stand up but he was still weak from the effort of removing the suit. Leaving the pieces where they lay, he climbed onto Violeta's back.

Violeta walked through the streets of the city with her rider sitting upon her back. They discussed their past adventures. Natagath told his dragon of the hardships he had endured and Violeta recounted her adventures in Danthuania and the frozen Northern Regions.
Violeta walked until she came to some crumbling ruins.

There is something I need to show you. She said and she ventured into the ruins. Natagath followed. Moments later, Violeta returned dragging an old saddle with a rider sword strapped to it.

Natagath gasped when he realized that it was his old saddle and sword. He climbed down fro Violeta's back and slowly removed his old sword from its sheath. "Eldrvarya Kveykva..." he whispered as he looked at the beautifully forged blade what matched Violeta's amethyst and white markings.

"You have held onto it all these years?" the elf asked, surprised.

Violeta nodded her head in reply. Come now, my friend. We have much to talk about and you need to rest. After Natagath attached her saddle, Violeta knelt down so that he could climb up. The elf climbed onto her back and the dragoness began to walk back toward the building where they were staying.

Once you are strong enough, we shall fly together just as he did so long ago. she said.

As Paito rode along on Seroc, he replied mentally to Anthor's question, All I know are the basics of sword fighting. I am pretty good with a bow and arrow though. I know some basic spells and a couple of advanced spells but that is about it.

Seroc added I have never received any formal training. Everything I know comes from instinct alone. Paito and I have lived by ourselves in isolation for the vast majority of our lives.

The boogeyman check his closet for Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris checks his closet for Theodore Roosevelt.

Captain Kirk: Alright men, this is a dangerous mission and it's likely one of us will be killed. The landing party will consist of myself, Mr. Spock, Dr. McCoy, and Ensign Ricky.

Natagath's profile

Violeta's profile

Lethira's profile

Hurricane's profile

Evan's profile

Fletcher's profile

Agatha's profile

Mirriana's profile

Ezara's profile

Aurora's profile

September 15th, 2010, 7:59 am
Expert DragonRider
Expert DragonRider

OCC: voenth it's your turn.

Natagath's profile

Violeta's profile

Lethira's profile

Hurricane's profile

Evan's profile

Fletcher's profile

Agatha's profile

Mirriana's profile

Ezara's profile

Aurora's profile

September 23rd, 2010, 9:28 pm
Sovereign DragonRider
Sovereign DragonRider

Anthor smiled at Paito and said, "We will have to test your ability with the bow as well as the blade. You will need both to fight against Galbatorix and his troops." said the old rider as he began to think about how Voenth, his teacher had taught him. it would be a long few weeks. But now, he would have some help once the elf and Violetta got back they would be able to help too.

Gornath looked at Seroc and asked, What do you know of the winds, as well as the danger signs of bad weather? I will help to teach you the finer aspects of flying and aerial combat.

Good:
Bad:
Nidhog Arnon & Tamar
Neutral:

February 11th, 2011, 8:10 pm
Expert DragonRider
Expert DragonRider

"Very well. Which would you like to test first, sir?" Paito said, eager to begin.

He removed his quiver of arrows from the saddle bag and slung it across his back. He climbed down off Seroc's back, bow in hand and sword in its scabbard as his side.

Seroc replied to Gornath, I know which clouds are dangerous to fly near, I can spot updrafts and downdrafts, but I am not real good at flying in strong winds.

Seroc preferred to avoid flying in severe weather whenever possible.

Natagath was back in the cave, tinkering with the crossbow from his suit. Although he hated the suit, the crossbow was a very unique weapon and he could not just discard it. He was reworking the trigger so that it could be fired like a normal crossbow rather than than having to rely on the palm trigger. Violeta lay curled up next to him, observing Natagath as he worked.

"I want to keep this weapon. it is very useful and frankly, I've never seen a crossbow like it before."

Violeta hummed and replied, I suppose I will get used to it. We both have so much to catch up on.

She still had a hard time believing this was really happening. When she had awakened that morning, she was certainly not expecting to be reunited with her rider, who she presumed to be dead.

Natagath set the crossbow and leaned against Violeta's side, yawing tiredly. He needed rest after his ordeal and for the first time since before The Fall, he could now sleep with his lifelong companion by his side. Violeta understood and lowered a protective wing over the elf as he drifted off to sleep.

Natagath's profile

Violeta's profile

Lethira's profile

Hurricane's profile

Evan's profile

Fletcher's profile

Agatha's profile

Mirriana's profile

Ezara's profile

Aurora's profile

February 11th, 2011, 10:20 pm
Sovereign DragonRider
Sovereign DragonRider

Anthor grinned at the young rider and said, "Lets take a walk." the rider then began to lead the young rider away from his dragon. They would travel deep into the island away from their dragons. Anthor not only expected to tutor the rider in swordplay and archery, but how to survive when in one of the most hostile environments known to riders, the isle of Vroengard itself. Anthor continued on the path away from the ruined city and continued deeper into the heard of the island. The mountains and the forest became thicker and the path became more and more rugged, evidence of disuse.

Gornath said to the dragon, Excellent, then we will see how well you do out at sea with nothing to comfort you, will you follow me please? asked the white dragon as he slowly began to flap his wings, then with great effort launched himself from the ground and into the sky. The ground beneath the white dragon swiftly dissappeared and was replaced by the blue and froth of the ocean waves.

Good:
Bad:
Nidhog Arnon & Tamar
Neutral:

February 12th, 2011, 12:37 am
Expert DragonRider
Expert DragonRider

Paito walked with Anthor as they walked into the wilderness that made up the interior of Vroengard. The trail through the forest was rocky overgrown and in some parts very difficult to pass. There were frequent obstacles like falled logs and rucks that had to be climbed over. However, Paito had lived in the Spine for several years so he was accustomed to the wilderness. He wondered where they were going though. Paito assumed that Anthor knew where he was taking them.

"Interesting place. I wish I could have seen it when the Riders still lived here." he remarked as he continued walking down the rugged path.

Seroc followed Gornath past the coast and over the open ocean wondering what was in store for him. The churning sea below certainly looked uninviting.

I am ready to begin whenever you wish, master.

Seroc was a bit hesitant to call this dragon he hardly knew "master" but he figured it was for the best. It seemed like a good idea to show the proper respect for the dragon who would be training him.

Natagath's profile

Violeta's profile

Lethira's profile

Hurricane's profile

Evan's profile

Fletcher's profile

Agatha's profile

Mirriana's profile

Ezara's profile

Aurora's profile