All times are UTC

Domain of the Enemy 
RPG Team Head
RPG Team Head

Location: attending a pie-eating contest with the other aspiring evil overlords
Affiliation: Skulblakans
Dragon: Ardel
Post Domain of the Enemy
OOC: Alright, time to introduce Kalo to the rp world! :D All characters aligned with Galbatorix are welcome (I encourage you to join!) Also, other than Kalo's final evaluation taking place, this thread is completely open to plot ideas and such, so whoever joins is free to do almost whatever they want in Galby's fortress. 8)

IC: Kalo stood before the King, one forelimb stretched elegantly before him and his neck arched as his head was bowed low. Your evaluation is progressing well, Kalo. There is only one final test for you to complete, Galbatorix spoke, his tone quiet but authoritative. The pale bronze and icy-silver dragon appeared completely calm and emotionless, but within he was experiencing a tempest of emotion. At last, after over three decades of dedicated training, including a good share of pain and suffering as well as triumph, he was upon the threshold of completion. After today, he would finally be ready to embark upon the King's chosen missions. He was Galbatorix's secret weapon; a weapon that had been in construction for 32 years, honed and perfected by the King himself for the sole purpose of killing the enemies of the Empire. There was no more noble a purpose than that, save leading the Empire itself.

Galbatorix finally bade him to rise with the wave of a hand, witnessed out of the corner of Kalo's eye (his gaze had been turned submissively downcast). The dragon pulled his forelimbs under him and rose to his full height, head held high and proud. Are you ready for the final test of your abilities, Kalo? the King asked, eyes narrowing as if daring him to say the opposite. The dragon gave a slow dip of his head. Yes, my King. I am ready, he replied, his voice betraying no emotion. Good. Your final task is simple. You will fight one of your old teachers. This will be more than just a training fight, however. The both of you are free to injure and damage each other as much as you wish. Even killing blows are accepted, Galbatorix stated, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips. Kalo knew the King would enjoy watching the fight, for the two were both his finely-tuned weapons, perfected in the art of attack. The dragon couldn't help but wonder who he was about to face, however. He had been trained by more than one dragon. His gaze shifted to the doors at the edge of the room, warded so that he could not smell who was beyond them. As they began opening, Kalo steeled himself for battle, pale indigo eyes narrowing.

OOC: If anyone has a dragon working for Galby, you can be the opponent. Otherwise it'll be Shruikan (but that won't be as fun lol).

****Phalynx**Solarae**Rigel**Alna'ir**Sirius**Ecco**Temias**Kalo****

And I'm watching out for your charries, ILS.
*****Faefnir***Navarre***Rimfax*****

November 18th, 2010, 3:39 am
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Dragon: Faelia
Post Re: Domain of the Enemy
OOC:
Yay, an rp where I can use Keia! She's hardly gotten any fun since being accepted. Mind if Lean is the opponent?

IC:
Autarkeia snorted discontentedly, glaring affectionately at the huge black dragoness. You get all the luck, you know that Lee? I know I didn't participate much in Kalo's training, but I should still get some reward. she griped. Lean's scowl silenced the sienna-gold-orange-dragoness. Your reward is not having your tail sliced in half. she retorted firmly, her navy blue eyes flashing. Keia's aquamarine eyes glittered with rancor, but she was tactful enough to stay silent. She followed a half dragon length behind the ancient black, still pouting slightly. As soon as they entered, however, her expression lifted. She padded around until she stood just next to Galbatorix. She dipped her head to him briefly, murmuring "Sire" before returning her attention to the pale bronze and icy-silver male dragon. He was loyal and powerful. In her opinion, he should have finished his training a while ago. But she wasn't one to argue with the King's wishes. She sat on her haunches, her irises glittering with excitement.

- - - - - - - - - -

Lean stepped through the door and paused, allowing Keia to skirt around her and settle beside the King. Her navy blue eyes found Kalo, already crouched and ready to battle. Her muscles tightened, reveling in the power of her build. Her lips peeled back just a bit, revealing large, sharp fangs, as she hissed softly. She waited for the doors to close, then shifted her gaze to Galbatorix. Her head dipped slightly, her silent way of asking for permission to proceed. The black dragoness looked at the pale bronze and icy-silver male, pleased at how well he had grown. She was just sad that she couldn't save him from the taint of Galbatorix. Despite her qualms, she was looking forward to seeing how much of her training and Shruikan's had stayed with Kalo over the last three decades. She wasn't looking forward so much to having her hide ripped to shreds.

Neutral: Leanbrara Naixul Autarkeia Sevena Vena Kenai
Evil: Iaras Leurgan
I will watch over your charries too, Rathon.
Image Image

November 18th, 2010, 4:17 am
RPG Team Head
RPG Team Head

OOC: Not at all. This should be interesting. :)

IC: Kalo was aware of who he was about the face the moment the doors began to open. The scent of Lean wafted through the room just before she was revealed to his sight, bringing to mind the numerous times he had sparred with her and been trained by her in the past. The dragon ran through everything he had learned from and about her, everything that could be used against her. This would be a good fight. As she entered the room, a following figure caught Kalo's eye. It was Keia, a younger dragoness (though still decades older than him). Apparently she had come to watch. Well, Kalo would make doubly sure to put on a good show. His claws lightly scratched the ground in anticipation.

As Lean approached him, he briefly bowed his head to her respectfully, though remained silent. When the fight was over, there would be time for talk. For a split second, he wondered if he would be allowed to use his venom in the fight. Kalo snorted under his breath. Of course he would. Galbatorix knew exactly what antidote to use for the dragon's venomous bite, so Lean would not be in any long-term danger. The young male shifted his weight, ready to spring when Galbatorix gave the word. With Kalo's icy eyes watching him out of the corner of his eye, the King finally waved his hand in the signal to begin. As his hand was still falling to his side, the pale-bronze was already moving, darting with astonishing speed towards Lean's left flank. Kalo was very good at quick bursts of rapid speed, which would be very beneficial in the confined space of the underground room.

November 21st, 2010, 4:39 am
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Lean dipped her head in return to the pale bronze and icy-silver male. She watched the King closely, and tensed only fractionally when his hand finally moved. She was crouched and ready for Kalo when he moved. She slipped to the side away from him, strangely agile despite her great bulk. She brought her tail up to trip him, then pressed her upper body to the ground. She took his weight onto her back, then heaved upward. She whirled around and lashed out viciously with her claws at Kalo's flank. She fell back onto her haunches, tensing her hindquarters. An instant later, she sprang up and forward. Her wings extended half-way to catch her mid air. Her jaws opened and black fire billowed forth, splashing onto the stones beneath her, the intense heat melting them somewhat.

Image Image

November 21st, 2010, 5:15 am
RPG Team Head
RPG Team Head

Kalo leapt up and over Lean's long tail, hitting her flank but rebounding off it. He darted to the side and ducked, getting under her forearm as her claw whipped out at him. As she shifted her weight and flung her body upwards, the bronze rolled forward, getting closer to her and away from her flames, where he paused to breathe a concentrated stream of ice at her neck, aiming at her throat. The scales of his tail and one hip were slightly singed though, and stung from the heat. Before she could drop down on him he jumped to the side, getting out from under her. He twisted himself around and spat a thick glob of his acidic breath (in a form a little more corrosive and burning than the tarry stuff, but still sticky) at her flank near the wing joint, intending to cause pain to the slightly more sensitive area. He didn't stay in that position for more than a few seconds, however, and immediately raced to get behind the larger dragon.

November 21st, 2010, 5:42 am
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Lean dodged the stream of ice, though the edges of it furrowed a shallow slice along her collarbone. She landed and instantly sprang again to avoid the glob of venom. Like the ice, she was just fast enough to avoid the main part of it. Traces of the acid hit her wing joint. She hissed but showed no other signs of pain. She used her mind to locate where Kalo was, and instantly spun around and sprang on him. She bulled her shoulder into his side, knocking him off his feet. She scrabbled at his underbelly with her hind claws, biting his shoulder at the same time. She ripped flesh away, then sprang back to avoid retaliation. She spit a fireball at him while he was down.

Image Image

November 21st, 2010, 6:02 am
RPG Team Head
RPG Team Head

Kalo tensed his muscles as Lean bowled him over, absorbing the impact throughout his body rather than in one place. He protected his undersides with his claws as she attacked but suffered a bite to the shoulder as a result. As she darted back, he breathed a stream of slightly more corrosive acid at her and quickly rolled out of the way to avoid her fire. She was like a snake, still until she struck with stunning speed. Kalo would have to be more careful of that. He berated himself for letting her get close enough to strike, for Lean was a swift and powerful striker. He kept some distance between her and himself, waiting for a good moment. After a few seconds of waiting, he let out a more powerful, more-dispersed stream of ice. It was wide enough so that she could not avoid it, but that meant its effects were greatly diminished. No matter. Kalo's ice wasn't what he intended to cause damage. He spread his wings and jumped into the air, leaping through the thick cloud of ice to land on Lean's back. He knew she would try to avoid him or fling him off, but he only needed to get in one bite. He managed to sink his teeth into scale, the venom in his two main fangs instantly released and pumped into his bite. He jumped away less than a second later. He wasn't sure if he had bit far enough through the scale for the venom to do much damage, if any, but he wasn't willing to stay there and get another chunk ripped out of him. He darted away to get more space between him and the black dragoness.

November 21st, 2010, 6:21 am
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Lean rolled to avoid the acid. She warily watched Kalo, remembering their training sessions. He had showed great promise then. he was even better now. She waited patiently to see what he would do, muscles relaxed yet ready to move in a moments notice. Her wings came round to shield her from the ice. Her sixth sense told her he would follow that with another attack. What she didn't know, until his weight abruptly slammed onto her back. Her legs trembled from the force of his landing, but she managed to stay on her paws. A choked snarl ripped from her chest as he bit her. He was gone a moment later. His fangs hadn't gotten very deep (her immense age gave her a thick hide), yet is was deep enough to penetrate. She could feel his venom slowly spreading through her system. She pondered morphing, but decided she would save that for a little later. She sprang forward, aiming for his flank. She twisted her head around and spat three large fireballs at his shoulder and head. She spun away, putting distance between himself and her. She leapt into the air, hovering in such a way that the huge gales from her wings berated him to the ground. Her jaws opened and a concentrated stream of black fire poured from her maw, adding to the air attack.

Image Image

November 21st, 2010, 6:41 am
RPG Team Head
RPG Team Head

The pale bronze sprang backwards to avoid Lean's fireballs, but could not avoid the powerful winds stirred by her large wings. He hugged the ground, narrowing his eyes to keep the dust out of them, and kept his muscles tense and ready to move. After a few seconds of being bombarded by wind gusts, Lean finally opened her jaws and let out a powerful stream of black fire. Kalo opened his own jaws in return and took in as deep a breath as he could before the flames hit him. When he exhaled, his breath was ice, a powerful, concentrated blast of it aimed at the fire. The ice managed to split the flames around Kalo, though he made sure to keep his tail and wings tucked closely against himself to avoid getting burned. The heat was intense, even with the ice he was using to shield himself, and Kalo knew he needed to move. He abruptly flung himself backwards, momentarily out of the fire's path, where he spread his wings and got himself into the air as well. He hovered, facing Lean, waiting for her to make a move.

November 22nd, 2010, 1:23 am
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Lean hovered across from Kalo, wondering how long he would wait before attacking. She wanted to morph, and now would be best, while there was a respite. Problem was, she was leery to morph to anything smaller than her true form, which gave her an advantage in size and strength. She had three choices; Kalo himself, Bahamut, or Phalynx. She decided to give the male a challenge and make him fight himself, in a way. In an instant she took the image of him and grabbed hold of her morph ability. She quickly shrank to Kalo's form, pale bronze and icy-silver scales sliding over her pure black ones. When the morph finished, she opened her eyes and bared her now venomous fangs. Now let's see how he fared against a dragon with replicated powers of his own. She still hovered, waiting so see how he would react to her morph. She didn't recall ever telling him of her power, but he could have found out from any of the other dragons by simply questioning them.

Image Image

November 22nd, 2010, 10:36 am
RPG Team
RPG Team

Affiliation: Dragonriders
Dragon: Bahamut
You girls mind if I join in? lol

November 23rd, 2010, 12:23 am
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

OOC:
This girl don't mind at all. :lol: lol

Image Image

November 23rd, 2010, 12:46 am
Expert DragonRider
Expert DragonRider

Affiliation: Shades
<What about me? Are Reapers Welcome?>

Good Reaper - Kale Hinote Karite
Good Reaper - Rathon Hinote Karite
Neutral Reaper - Kane Hinote Karite
Neutral Nurdan - Kurdon Neelix
Good Spirit - Laiel Nalin
Neutral Dragon - Xelin
Neutral Vaizard - Osutin Shiori
Good Dragon - Lee

November 23rd, 2010, 12:55 am
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

OOC:
Lean would enjoy RPing with you.lol I suppose this would be before Vengeance and Blood, then? Or are you planning something?

P.S.
Power has officially gone out.

Image Image

November 23rd, 2010, 1:02 am
Expert DragonRider
Expert DragonRider

Affiliation: Shades
OOC: the plan in V&B won't work for...reasons...so this can after, so I'll post after Daidrea?

Good Reaper - Kale Hinote Karite
Good Reaper - Rathon Hinote Karite
Neutral Reaper - Kane Hinote Karite
Neutral Nurdan - Kurdon Neelix
Good Spirit - Laiel Nalin
Neutral Dragon - Xelin
Neutral Vaizard - Osutin Shiori
Good Dragon - Lee

November 23rd, 2010, 1:20 am