It is currently October 19th, 2018, 7:03 pm

All times are UTC

Desperate 
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Affiliation: Dragonriders
Post Desperate
Anthony milled through the streets of Uru'Baen, the place he now ironically called home. He was in the south side of the city, in a small market area that was locally called The Stables because on three of the four corners was a stable, though one of them actually specialized in poultry with no larger animals at all.

Though they were right Uru'Baen, the people here were ignored by king and his soldiers because they were too busy with what was going on outside the city. Anthony though it funny that probably the safest place for anyone to hide from the king was to hide in his backyard.

Anthony had been living here for over six months and had carved a relatively peaceful life for himself. He was happy enough to relax and the rush of things had made him forget his past. That is until about three weeks ago...

Three Weeks Earlier

Anthony had woken up to the sound of someone thrashing though his small apartment. He jumped out of bed, and ran into the next room, already solidifying the air around the windows and door. It was dark, except for the moon light, but he couldn't see any figures anywhere in the room and nothing had pushed against his window seals. He lit a lantern and the room was bathed in light.

A flower pot was knocked over, the dirt and pieces spread through the room. His chair was spinning on the metal hinge he special ordered. There was dirt that looked as if it had been dragged across the clay floor. With his eyes be followed it over to behind the desk where kept his writing gear for his stories. Carrying the lantern, he moved closer also moving the air blocks around that instead of the windows. When he got close enough, he heard a hissing noise, but he looked anyway. It was a cat, a strikingly familiar cat.

"Levina?!" he asked, hoping. The cat continued to hiss at him. "Come on Levina stop it. Its me Anthony." He reached out his hand to touch her, but jerked back suddenly when the cat clawed him. Disappointedly, he admitted to himself that this was just a regular cat, and the not the werecat he had fallen in love with. He used his telekinesis to move the cat back outside without touching it.

He sat on his bed and rubbed his face. "What are you doing to yourself? You can leave the city and go look for her. But I don't know, what about work? I finally got a decent life here. Yeah, ten feet from a person that'd kill you if he found out who were. And let's not forget that this is hardly a life without her here with you. I can make it one, besides we wouldn't work out, she is a were cat after all. I mean what would our kids be, how would they be born? That is an interesting question and I have good answer, 'who cares?' Maybe you need to be reminded of she was like." Anthony's memories flashed back to that last time he saw Levina and she had kissed him. His senses suddenly came alive, and even though it was just a memory, it was very real. He could feel soft warm touch of her lips against his. The gentle prick of her nails as she pulled him in. The moist feel of her breath as she exhaled. But most of all, he remembered the almost sad look of disappointment on her face when he didn't kiss her back.

Anthony disparagingly let go of the memory. "That's it, I'm going." Anthony spent the next several days making his way to Narda. He asked around about a girl that fit Levina's description, but no one had seen her. He then trudged up into the Spine to see if her could find the Werecat clan. It was futile and he knew it, but he searched anyway; he just had to find her. After almost a week of searching, Anthony broke down around sunset. He was angry at first and screamed into the woods. "Werecats, I know you are out there. I know you've been following me, tracking me. I've come looking for Levina, please I just want to see her again. Just come out and tell me where she is. Your king should know, she is his daughter after all." His anger quickly degraded into misery and cried. He cried for several hours, well into the night. It began raining, but he didn't care, not now. He just curled into a ball and cried until he could cry no more and passed out from exhaustion.

The next thing he knew, he was in someone's house in a bed far from comfortable. He could hear the rain beating on the wooden roof and the occasional drip of water through the slats. A young woman approached him, seeing that he was awake. "You're finally awake," she touched his head with her hand, "And the fever's broken too." She spoke with an accent from the southern regions, though Anthony knew that he was probably back in Narda. "My names Diane. My father found you in woods, half dead with pneumonia, but he brought you back and the healers did their jobs."

Anthony sat up, "How long have I been here?"

"You've been in our house for two days now, and the healers said you should stay a few more after you've waken. What were you doing in there anyway, didn't you know about the storm?"

The girl was being nice and she had let him, a stranger found in the Spine, stay in here home so he answered as truthfully as he could. "I was looking for someone. I did see the storm and knew it was coming, but I ignored it and kept looking." When Diane asked why he kept looking, Anthony added, "Because love makes you do crazy things." Anthony sat up fully and set his feet on the ground. "When you are in love, you'll do anything for that person." He stood and attempted to stretch, but nearly collapsed.

Diane caught him. "What are you doing?"

"I'm getting up and going back out looking for her."

"What?! You're way too weak and I thought you found her already?" It was Anthony who replied back with a what this time. "The note said 'I'll meet you back in the city.' My father said it was clutched in your hand."

Anthony took the note from Diane and read it. It didn't say who it was from, but there was only one person he was looking for. "Oh, yeah, I forgot with everything else. In that case, I need to get back to Uru'Baen." Anthony attempted to stand again, this time holding his balance.

"What you can't leave now! You sick still, you'll never survive the trip, even by carriage."

Anthony put a hand on her shoulder to make sure she understood what he was about to say. "I've been waiting my whole life for a girl like this. I'm not going to sacrifice her for some sickness. Life is meaningless without love. Even if I only get to see her one day before I die, or even for only a few minutes, it will be enough."

Present Day

Anthony had been in town for a day now. Diane had been right, he almost didn't survive the journey, but he would regret nothing if he found Levina, but she had yet to find him. He began to worry that maybe she had truly been lost, or maybe that she really didn't care for him like he wanted to believe.

He stopped in the middle of the Stables and closed his eyes and whispered, "Somebody help me." Suddenly a thought occurred to him, seeming to come from the ethereal. "Wait, I had to pass through Teirm before I came him, maybe that's where I'm suppose to be." Within a few hours Anthony had arranged transportation to the coastal city by carriage. He stepped aboard with his belongings and within what seemed like only a short time, he was half way there.

Image Image
Mother Teresa: "I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love."
Bernard Malamud: "Without heroes we are all plain people and don't know how far we can go."

January 26th, 2011, 6:24 am
Sovereign DragonRider
Sovereign DragonRider

Affiliation: Werecats
Post Re: Desperate
OOC: Can ANYONE join? And if ANYONE can join, would Sarah be ok or would I need to use another character?

IC:
Sarah rode the streets of Terim confidently. It had been a long time since she had last gone to her hometown by the sea. Saggita stepped proudly down the rough cobblestone street. The mare remembered this place, and liked it much better than the dry mountain caverns in which they lived; however, she did miss the dwarven groomsmen who took such good care of her. She snorted as a small dog growled at her as she walked by. There would be no such nonsense while she was here.

The two of the rode deeper into the maze os streets and alley ways, not talking to many people or having much to say for both were deep in thought. Rememberance of the many great adventures and times they had enjoyed within the walls of this city. Sarah and Saggita stopped just short of the herbalists' shop and Sarah dismounted. The dragoness walked up to the door, but to her suprise there was no one there, and nothing. It was one thing for Angela to be gone, but another for her mother not to be there. Sarah glanced at Saggita and moved toward the small house behind the shop. Maybe her mother was back there tending to their small herb garden. When Sarah got to the door, she saw a small note. She then pulled the note off of the door and it read:

Debra is hearby under arrest for plotting against our mighty ruler Gaalbatorix.

Sarah was at a loss for words. She could not believe that her father had been killed, and her mother had been arrested and could be dead for all she knew in a dungeon in Uru'Baen. Sarah immediately ran back to Saggita and began to ride at breakneck pace toward Uru'Baen.

Good:
Rema Sera Sarah & Voenth & Braith Anthor & Gornath Ranog & Urson Zelyts
Bad:
Nidhog Arnon & Tamar
Neutral:
Eschelon Herensuge Serena

January 28th, 2011, 4:03 am
Wise DragonRider
Wise DragonRider

OOC: Don't know if you would want a newb in this story, so can I join?

Good: Natsu and Erza Zereldn Hawke and Elisa Arcenis Nate Arka

Neutral: Lakris and Sylverta Malazan

Evil: Dedread Crugan Zar'rac FreohrOracion

January 28th, 2011, 9:56 pm
Sovereign DragonRider
Sovereign DragonRider

OOC: I am not Kit, but I am sure he agrees with me in saying that there is no such thing as a newb here and that EVERYONE has to start somewhere and that we are sure you are welcome here.

Good:
Bad:
Nidhog Arnon & Tamar
Neutral:

January 28th, 2011, 10:00 pm
Wise DragonRider
Wise DragonRider

OOC: Thanks voenth. Kit said I could join in a PM, so here I go...I

IC: Suvana walked out of Jeod's house nonchalantly. She gave a small grin as she walked along the coast. She had always loved Teirm because of the sea.

She shook her head quickly. She couldn't allow herself to be distracted, and Jeod had given her a task. A simple one, just an observation of Uru'baen. All she needed to do was observe Uru'baen, and hopefully find nothing that Galbatorix is creating that could potentially destroy the Varden. They could have picked anyone for this job, but they picked her in the end because of her dragon giving her a means of quick transportation. She walked outside of Teirm and Waite until it was dark, and called for Freed.

He landed near her a minute later. It's about time you got out, Freed snorted. Suvana ignored him and jumped onto his back. They wordlessly gained air and flew towards Uru'baen.

OOC: Freed's going to drop Suvana a few miles away from Uru'baen in a secluded area, and she'll run to Uru'baen from there.

January 29th, 2011, 3:24 pm
Pink Dragon
Pink Dragon

Location: Flying across the oceans on Valkaria's back and watching dawn bloom over the sky
OOC: Sorry for not posting earlier, the past week's been a busy one.

Before Yazuac had been destroyed, Allen and Elaina's father, Terence, had had a lot of friends, all over the empire. One of them, a young man called Derek, had visited every year on the first of June, just like clockwork. He stayed for a night, and then left. When they ever asked who he was, their father just told them that he was a trader from Teirm who provided them with supplies they couldn't procure themselves. And they day after Derek arrived, Terence always left, for three days. Once, they'd overheard their father talking with Derek. They hadn't heard much, but they very clearly heard the word "Varden."

After meeting the Varden, they'd discovered that Derek and their father were a part of a long chain that delivered information to the Varden. None of the members of the chain new any of the other members except the two they got in touch with every year. When Terence had died in the massacre of Yazuac, the chain had been broken. The first day of july was a week away. The Varden had told them to find Derek and tell him where the man Terence had gone to every year was so the links of the chain could come back together and the flow of information would continue as it always had.

Walking down the dirt road, Elaina yawned. The heat of the day was getting to her, and she'd long since pulled off her long cloak and shoved it in her backpack. Allen, stoic as ever, continued to wear his, although she knew his dark clothes would be no less hot then her green and blue. Maybe he just doesn't want anyone to see his sword. It's true that most people would freak out at the sight of that huge thing hanging by his side.

Breaking out of her thoughts, Elaina suddenly noticed a rattling and clopping noise, like a cart or carriage being pulled by horses. "Allen, do you hear that?"

Startled, Allen's head snapped up. "Hear wha-Oh. Do you think we should get off the road?"

"A bit late for that, i think." Elaina muttered as the carriage rolled around the corner.

Valkaria's bio Lakida's bio Nardia's bio Ikarina's bio Endruika's Bio Emeleneya's bio Minerela's bio Ninya's bio Zalda's bio and Talos's bio Corido and Ser'lla's bio Allen and Elaina's bio Darryl's bio
You just lost The Game!
Hyperbole and a half

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAWWWWWWW!!!!!! <NOT MY WORK

If i make any random typos or grammar errors, sorry. I'm probably on my iphone.

Last edited by crazydragongirl on February 8th, 2011, 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 30th, 2011, 5:57 am
Cycle Moderator
Cycle Moderator

Dragon: Melanthor
Avalon roared in exhiliration as he raced through the skies above the Spine. Snapping his left wing closed and throwing his tail to the right, he entered a perfectly controlled downward spiral. Letting go of the straps holding him in, Tobias threw his hands in the air and yelled along with his dragon. Straightening his tail and pulling in his other wing, Val stopped the spiral, but continued to shoot toward the ground at an impossibly fast pace. When they were little more than a hundred feet from the break-bone-rocks below, he threw open his wings. Silver scales flashed in the sunlight as he went immediately from the dive to rapidly climbing in the air.

How was that? The young male dragon asked his Rider. He looked over his shoulder at the boy on his back. Blue eyes with a crop of red hair flopping in front of them looked back at him, wide open with adrenaline. Val's own silver eyes were sparkling with energy and joy at being in the air with his closest friend.

That was amazing Avalon! You're getting so much better at your flying, and stronger to! Keep this pace up and we'll be the ace fighters of the Varden in no time! Tobias said, his excitement bubbling through over their mental connection. The boy looked down at the straps circling his waist. The ends were frayed and he could see where the stitching holding the straps to the saddle were coming loose. But before we join the Varden, we'll have to do something about getting you a proper saddle. I can't fight on something like this. We haven't even been in the air that long and it's already coming apart again.

Val chuckled deep in his throat. That's what you get for stealing old worn out quilts from some old famer's wife. And it's not like you have much skill at sewing anyway. I'm sure the Varden have leatherworkers. When we join them we can get them to make a proper dragon's saddle for you.

You're right as always. But now I'm more impatient than ever for us to join. Here I am, partnered to one of the most fascinating creatures in Alagaesia, and I'm not evenly properly equipped. People would laugh at me if I started calling myself Dragon Rider. The young Rider said in a joking tone.

Ah, but they wouldn't laugh for long. I'd see to that.

"Avalon, you wouldn't seriously attack someone for laughing at me?" Tobias said, so shocked by his young dragon that he spoke out loud.

Of course not, but you should have seen the look on your face! Val said, chuckling even harder as he leveled out far above the Spine. Without warning he blasted the air in front of him with blinding silver fire and dived back towards the ground. Tobias yelped in surprise, but recovered quickly and started yelling what he thought was a savage war cry.

Like the majestic dragon, Saphira, you are brave and ferocious in battle but also deep in ancient wisdom. You think before flying headfirst into battle. You prefer the solitude of the wilderness to the populated cities of Alagaesia.

SF Facebook

Raven & Oceanis, Tobias & Avalon, Taren, Valora, Liam, Aero, Arston & Arturos, Jason,
Lee & Melanthor, Silas, Asa & Naor, Darian, Illuna, Blake, Anastasia, Luka, Rok, Gwen, Ryker

There's no such thing as sane, we're all crazy.
Well hello Captain Obvious...Nice to meet you, I'm Lieutenant Sarcasm. >:)
Something here doesn't make sense. Let's go and poke it with a stick. - The Doctor

Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me while I'm cross!

February 5th, 2011, 1:18 am
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Normally Anthony would have enjoyed the long ride to Teirm, but now he was just anxious. Levina could be waiting for him there and he had already wasted a week in Uru'Baen.

He had been stuck in thought when he was nearly thrown from he seek when the wagon hit rock in the road. He stabled himself and glared at the driver next to him who laughed. It was just the two of them on the open top wagon. "Where are we."

"We are almost halfway there," he replied.

"Great at least another night camping out. At least there is a stream coming out of the Spine." Anthony couldn't actually see it, but he could hear as they got closer to the bend in the road. He expected to see a roaring stream when then got around the small hill instead, he saw a woman and man standing there.

The driver whistled under his breath and began slowing down. "What are you doing?!" Anthony yelled in a hushed voice.

"Picking a gorgeous girl," he replied back.

"And possibly her serial killer boyfriend!" They exchanged a few more words before they got into hearing distance for their whispers, at which point Anthony gave up try to persuade him not to stop.

The wagon stopped right next to them and the driver asked quite directly, "What's a beautiful girl like you doing out in the middle of no where?"

Anthony shook his head in shame.

Image Image
Mother Teresa: "I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love."
Bernard Malamud: "Without heroes we are all plain people and don't know how far we can go."

February 8th, 2011, 6:12 am
Sovereign DragonRider
Sovereign DragonRider

OOC: Who is the gorgeous girl?

Good:
Bad:
Nidhog Arnon & Tamar
Neutral:

February 10th, 2011, 3:32 am
Cycle Moderator
Cycle Moderator

OOC: I think it's CDG's character Elaina.

Like the majestic dragon, Saphira, you are brave and ferocious in battle but also deep in ancient wisdom. You think before flying headfirst into battle. You prefer the solitude of the wilderness to the populated cities of Alagaesia.

SF Facebook

Raven & Oceanis, Tobias & Avalon, Taren, Valora, Liam, Aero, Arston & Arturos, Jason,
Lee & Melanthor, Silas, Asa & Naor, Darian, Illuna, Blake, Anastasia, Luka, Rok, Gwen, Ryker

Something here doesn't make sense. Let's go and poke it with a stick. - The Doctor

February 10th, 2011, 8:31 pm
Sovereign DragonRider
Sovereign DragonRider

Sarah rode furiously toward Uru'Baen. She was nearly halfway there when she saw a cairrage and a young woman. The rude driver was whistling at the woman. This action made Sarah frown, yet another idiot was trying to impress a woman by being completely obnoxious. Sarah sighed, she was not going to get into a confrontation. This fool was not worth it, but she would stop her trip long enough to see who was riding in the cairrage. She rode close to the cairrage, ignoring the idiotic statements by the driver to make himself seem impressive. As she looked inside, she saw a familure face. Was that ... Anthony? She had seen him before, but only for a few hours, but it did resemble him.

Good:
Bad:
Nidhog Arnon & Tamar
Neutral:

February 11th, 2011, 12:58 am
Wise DragonRider
Wise DragonRider

After Freed had dropped her off, Suvana began her walk towards Uru'baen. As she neared the road, she couldn't help but overhear a man attempting to flirt with another girl. Suvana herself nearly busted out in laughter at the man's foolish antics. If the man had had any skill at flirting, he wouldn't be talking to her like she was a piece of food who's only purpose in life was to fill his hunger. He is an adult, yet he speaks to her like a teenager. Suvana noticed another woman saddled on a horse who looked at another man in the carriage. Suvana peeked at the other man in the carriage. He looked to be in his late teens. The other man's son, maybe? She studied their faces a little more, Probably not, he seems to dislike the flirting idiot, probably because of what just occurred.

February 11th, 2011, 2:30 am
Pink Dragon
Pink Dragon

Location: Flying across the oceans on Valkaria's back and watching dawn bloom over the sky
As the carriage slowed down, Elaina felt startled and a teensy bit alarmed. Why are they slowing down? Wouldn't they normally just pass us by? When the driver addressed her, she was relieved, but also annoyed. She was thinking of a way to get him to leave her alone when Allen stepped forward.

"She's doing the same thing as everyone else on this road is. Going to Teirm." He said. His jaw was clenched, and Elaina could tell that he was very close to getting angry.

Men. Why are they always so.... Maybe i should've tried to turn us invisible before they saw us. She noticed a couple of women walking in their direction, but ignored them for the time being. "Be polite." She said to Allen out of the corner of her mouth, stepping lightly on his toe. Pasting a smile on her face, she turned to the carriage's driver. "As Allen just said, we're going to Teirm, to visit an old friend." Addressing the person inside the carriage as well, who seemed disgusted with the driver, she said, "Why are you going to Teirm?"

Valkaria's bio Lakida's bio Nardia's bio Ikarina's bio Endruika's Bio Emeleneya's bio Minerela's bio Ninya's bio Zalda's bio and Talos's bio Corido and Ser'lla's bio Allen and Elaina's bio Darryl's bio
You just lost The Game!
Hyperbole and a half

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAWWWWWWW!!!!!! <NOT MY WORK

If i make any random typos or grammar errors, sorry. I'm probably on my iphone.

February 11th, 2011, 6:27 pm
Cycle Moderator
Cycle Moderator

What do you think is going on down there? Avalon asked Tobias. The tone of the young male's voice was lazy. They'd been flying for a while and the sun was warming his scales up nicely. A nap was starting to sound like a fantastic idea. He looped over backwards to expose his belly to the warm rays. He focused on the group below them as he finished the loop and turned right side up again.

Tobias looked over Val's shoulder at the ground as his partner finished his belly-warming technique. Hmmm... I don't know Avalon. Perhaps we should get closer though, those ladies could be in danger. There are three of them, but those men are pretty big. Toby replied, reaching out to Val's mind so that he could watch through the dragon's silvery-white eyes. They were too far up for his own human eyes to see exactly what was going on.

He tightened his grip on the saddle as Val pulled his wings in and plummeted towards a clearing not far from the road. Although they could see it from the air, the trees around it looked to be too densely-packed for it to be spotted from the path.

Val flared his wings when they were a hundred-feet from the ground below and landed softly on the ground a few seconds later. Though their descent had been very fast indeed, he wasn't sure if their landing had been quick enough. If anyone with particularly good eyesight was around, they may have been spotted before he touched down. Do you think you can sneak over to the road without being spotted? With you there watching, you can signal me if those men try anything and I can come help you stop them.

In reply, Tobias slipped quietly off of the dragon's back and crept into the trees. Taking his time so that he wouldn't snap any branches or do anything else to announce his presence, Toby arrived at the roadside five minutes later and settled down to keep an eye on the scene. He snorted quietly in amusement as he watched the wagon driver try to sweet-talk a young woman standing with her back to him. The only danger here is that fool of a man injuring his pride. Tobias smirked at Val.

The boy watched with interest as the woman on the horse stared intently at the man inside the wagon. They must know each other. He thought to himself. Turning his attention back to the woman and man facing away from him, he had to stuff his fist between his teeth to keep from laughing at the imbecile driving the cart.

SF Facebook

February 11th, 2011, 7:26 pm
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Anthony cursed as soon as he saw the woman on the horse. He'd know that face anywhere. Its that crazy chick from Narda. The one with the dragon! I hope she hasn't seen me. He tried to hide his facing by looking at the other woman to answer her question, but doubted that it would work.

"I'm heading there to meet a friend as well, hopefully." Anthony had to admit to himself that the only reason he was talking to this girl was to avoid the other one. He added, "Would you like a ride?" as a way to keep the conversation going.

The driver threw in as well, "I normally charge for ride, but for someone as pretty as you, I'll wave my fee."

Anthony rolled his eyes again.

OOC: Just so you all know, we don't have to go to Teirm right away, we can get delayed by a storyline if you'd like.

Image Image

February 13th, 2011, 6:20 am