It is currently January 18th, 2019, 12:41 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Do you like books on vampires? 
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Affiliation: Dragonriders
Post Do you like books on vampires?
The book Marked, by P.C. Cast and Kristian Cast is awsome. This girl gets marked by a vampire-tracker like thing, and she has to go to the House of Night in order to complete the change, or else she may die if her body rejects it.
She falls in love with a kid named Eric, who is almost like Edward, for those who read Twilight. Then she realises that she has been gifted and must face her fears and fight with the powers granted to her by the Vampire Goddess, Nyx.

I have never read a better vampire book (besides Twilight) that has kept my attention longer than thias one.

The second one is called Betrayed, which is as amazing as the first one.

The third one is Chosen, which I haven't read yet, but it is bothering me so much at night, I can't stop thinking about it. (Like Twilight)

I forgot what the fouth and final book was called, but it will be the end of what happens in the House of Night series.

You should read this book. It is INCREDIBLE!!!!

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

Looking past the red waves of life's blood, I see my life flash past the battle field. the bodies of the dead lay before me in anguish as I sat atop my dragon, staring into the grim eyes of death as I readied my sword for the final battle...

I may be dumb, but Im not stupid.

I just realized. I have no friends... *burp*

November 26th, 2008, 12:34 pm
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Post Re: Do you like books on vampires?
hey thanks im always excited to here about a great vampire book i mean they are my favorite kind of books i will def. keep these books in mind to read when im done with school (which is a couple of weeks 8) 8) 8) :D i cant wait)

November 26th, 2008, 4:47 pm
Peasant
Peasant

Those books are really good. They make vampires so much more realistic. The thirt and fourth ones are Choosen and Betrayed. I totally own them but have yet to read 'em.

November 28th, 2008, 3:30 am
Pack Alpha
Pack Alpha

Affiliation: Galbatorix
Dragon: Facebones
I think I read a chapter from the first one but that was it.

There was this other vampire book I read, Vampire Accademy or something. The beginning were two friends, I know one was a vampire (not sure about the other) and she was starving so drank some of her friends blood or something `~`

November 30th, 2008, 1:14 am
Peasant
Peasant

I like books about vampires as well. I have read all ten books of The Vampire Chronicles, personally like the stories with Lestat telling them because I love how Anne Rice had his character. Also the way she writes in general is amazing, how she intertwines the vampires history with the history of the world is great.

I heard about the Twilight series right before the movie came out and actually found the book, as well as the second one 'New Moon', at the store. I didn't buy them, because I wanted to check them out from the library first, just to see if I liked them. Sadly, by the time I got there, the movie had hit, so all the copies were checked out and I am now on the waiting list.

While waiting though, I was able to start the Inheritance books, but also the Sookie Stackhouse series. For those that might not know, the TV show 'True Blood' is based on the series. The librarian told me the books were good and that I didn't need to start from the beginning, so she found me the sixth or seventh book and I gave them a try. I think I read four, maybe five chapters of the books before I stopped. It is really good, but there is so much information! I'm gonna wait until I can get the first book before I read anymore.

December 7th, 2008, 10:54 pm
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

thanks guys for all the good ideas on which books to read im def. going to go to the library and check out a bunch of books since i am now done with school FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!! ayyyaaayy and im also going to go out and buy brisingr i mean if i dont win the comp.!! heheheheheheh im soo happy yeayyy sorry

December 19th, 2008, 6:25 pm
Expert DragonRider
Expert DragonRider

Affiliation: Werecats
Is this book like all other vampire books? not meaning to offend anyone but all vampire books tend to have the same sort of plot and storyline.

December 20th, 2008, 6:08 am
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

What kind of plot are you talking about? if it's about evil, blood-sucking freaks, then you're partially correct.

if you mean that humans are falling in love with vampires, then you are also correct.

If you mean that vampires are saving the world and fighting their own kind, then you would also be correct.

If you mean all of these... congrats on your intuitive on vampire book plots.

If not, you should read the books and you will know what I mean.

Good Luck!! :D

Looking past the red waves of life's blood, I see my life flash past the battle field. the bodies of the dead lay before me in anguish as I sat atop my dragon, staring into the grim eyes of death as I readied my sword for the final battle...

December 23rd, 2008, 12:25 pm
Sovereign DragonRider
Sovereign DragonRider

Affiliation: Lamp Shade
none except twilight. It took me two months to start to read twilight because I don't like vampire books.But after I started I couldn't stop. The waiting list to get the 3rd and 4th books from the library was 120 and 95 people long. So I just went out and bought them.

October 6th, 2009, 2:47 am
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Location: Far beyond the stars in a world only I could live in
I have read Marked, Betrayed, and I have the next two books in the series. I have read Vampire Academy, and it has to do with a dhamphire and a Moroi as they figth against the real vampires. I've read all of the Twilight books, and I am now sick of them because everyone is just jabbering about it...

I like the old, original vampires, but I don't like the old werewolves for some reason. But I don't like the fact that vampires are indestructable practically or that they glimmer. It's a little odd.

I like reading about vampires, but I'm not crazy about them.

October 7th, 2009, 4:05 pm
Expert DragonRider
Expert DragonRider

Affiliation: SF Rebels
i LURVE house of night!!! they are some of the best books iv ever read! iv not long finished hunted and just got my best friends hooked on them. i cant wait for tempted to come out at the end of the month.

i loved twilight and am very exited to go see new moon soon.

vampires are cool! i sometimes wish i was one. im writing a story on vampires at the moment.

i dont think i remeber, a taste as sweet as this december, and i know, im coming home im coming home

October 9th, 2009, 8:35 am
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

I now officially own all six of the House of Night series, but i think there will be more

February 19th, 2010, 11:46 pm
Peasant Elder
Peasant Elder

no but i thinking about reading twilight cuz i read all of the eragon books that are out and all of the harry potter. and i have nothing else to read + i seen the movie it was ok i say to much love and more fighting but it was ok

February 20th, 2010, 12:00 am
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

I think you'll like twilight, It has some adventure and action, but its more romance and drama. It was good though. I liked part 3 of book 4 the best.

February 20th, 2010, 1:25 am
Expert DragonRider
Expert DragonRider

Affiliation: SF Rebels
so far i know house of night is bringing out 12 possibly 15 books and i just cant wait for burned next month.....stevie rae is on the cover *WOOT*

iv just got hooked on the vampire diaries, the books and the series

i dont think i remeber, a taste as sweet as this december, and i know, im coming home im coming home

February 20th, 2010, 7:44 am