horrible 57%  57%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 21
RPG Team Head
RPG Team Head

Location: attending a pie-eating contest with the other aspiring evil overlords
Affiliation: Skulblakans
Dragon: Ardel
Post Re: Worst book you've ever read?
The first three Artemis Fowl books were really funny. However, as soon as he turned nice, I absolutely despised them. Ugh. Way cooler when he was evil, 'cause at least there were some funny parts.

I have the whole Guardians of Ga'hoole series. lol I started when I was younger so I had to finish the series, even though it's not especially great. It's okay, somewhat entertaining. Mainly I like the last book, 'cause I like how everything was resolved. lol

One thing I really hate though is any book that is anticlimatic. Anything that builds up and then kinda just trails off... I hate that! Like Max, the most recent Maximum Ride book, was pretty good up until the ending, which was extremely anticlimatic.

I think it's funny how so many choose-your-own-adventure books have such gruesome deaths, and yet they're for kids. "You fall towards the boiling vatt of acid" THE END. lol

****Phalynx**Solarae**Rigel**Alna'ir**Sirius**Ecco**Temias**Kalo****

And I'm watching out for your charries, ILS.
*****Faefnir***Navarre***Rimfax*****

October 25th, 2009, 2:24 am
Wise DragonRider
Wise DragonRider

Location: With the Werecats, fulfilling my destiny (otherwise known as Mythic Paradise...)
Affiliation: Werecats
Travels With Charlie. Worst. Book. Ever.

don't click this link...
*****The WF Reborn was terminated today, January 15th, 2011, because of me. I am deeply ashamed.*****

Mythic Paradise Chat moderator Symbiont!! Mythic Paradise Home
ImageImageImageImageIn order: Al the Plesiodragon, Skyvern the Ticktock, Klautroff the Exalted Fennix, and Telem the Mikhal

July 11th, 2010, 7:18 am
Wise DragonRider
Wise DragonRider

Affiliation: Shades
The Thirteenth Member, by Mollie Hunter. It started of okay but after a few chapters it boring and quite bad... :(

You are most like DURZA

You are power-hungry and controlling. You usually stop at nothing to reach your goals. King Galbatorix truly has an ally in your determined service!

May 23rd, 2011, 2:22 pm
DragonRider in Training
DragonRider in Training

I hated a certain religeous book that Utah is known for... dont know if i'll get in trouble for posting the name of the book. :?

I had a dream i was drowning in a sea of liquor... only to wash up on a beach made of cocain

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

click on my small eggs please...

May 26th, 2011, 7:04 pm
Wise DragonRider
Wise DragonRider

Affiliation: Shades
Don't think you will get in trouble.

The Wolves of Time,Willian Horwood, a hard book to get into. :(

You are most like DURZA

You are power-hungry and controlling. You usually stop at nothing to reach your goals. King Galbatorix truly has an ally in your determined service!

May 27th, 2011, 6:42 am
Cycle Moderator
Cycle Moderator

Dragon: Scathlocke
*Blinks* Um...I liked Inkheart. Granted, I mostly read it because I'm obsessed with Dustfinger, but still. Although I stopped reading once he came back to life or whatever happened *I don't recall exactly* so that might say something about the series outside of the one character. ^_^

Hm...well...worst book I ever read? Let's see...Ah! Yes! Blue Moon or Evermore, whichever came first. It was in this series, I don't even remember what it was called, but I think the author was Alison Noel? It was terrible, utterly terrible. I read the first book, or the first few chapters anyway, and was very disappointed. The girls were all Mary Sues, the boys were Gary Stus. It was disgusting. Preppy highschool kids walking about and drooling over each other, angsting over problems that were just, well, stupid. The plot was very cliche, as well. I think it was a failed attempt to rip off some other series.

February 22nd, 2012, 9:28 pm
Peasant Elder
Peasant Elder

the last book i read was the worst book in the world but i dont remember the name

March 29th, 2012, 5:27 pm
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

......... Well that's good to know.

March 31st, 2012, 3:13 pm
Cycle Moderator
Cycle Moderator

Ahhh, gomen...there should be a 'like' button... :lol:

I just read "Sword of Truth" book one, and it was pretty bad in some areas, but pretty good in others. The only really lame thing about it was that the author wouldn't shut up about what colour eyes the characters have. I swear, every single time Kahlan was mentioned, he said 'her green eyes' this, 'her green eyes' that...so annoying.

But The Beyonders is the most annoying book I've read recently. I love my librarian, but she gives lame suggestions sometimes (Twilight, Beyonders....that sort of thing). Basically this book is full of cliches. And a thirteen year old with a love interest, which I find disgusting. And it's the whole 'ooh, modern-day kid gets warped into medieval world and is the only one who can save the poor, helpless, blithering adults by defeating someone who's more than twice his age because he's SO awesome' plotline. Urg.

March 31st, 2012, 7:51 pm
Peasant Elder
Peasant Elder

read it once did not care about but i remembered the name of the book Breaking Dawn

thanks for posting about twilight

May 9th, 2012, 5:00 pm
Cycle Moderator
Cycle Moderator

Urg. I read a book called "The Name of the Star" which wasn't my usual genre, but I gave it a chance, and although I really hated the main character it still held my attention. It was funny, rather a lot so, and it had what seemed to be a pretty cool plot. And then I get to the part where they get to their total unobtanium "One weapon that can defeat teh bad guuuuuy" thing, where basically all they say about it is "It does something! We don't know what! But it works! Even though we don't know how/why or anything! Just use it because it's so awesummmm!" and I got annoyed by that, and then as it got up to the last few chapters it just got dumber and dumber until I finally reached the end and promptly threw it in a box with a yell of "The ending was stupid and didn't make sense!" :oops:

May 16th, 2012, 1:26 am