It is currently September 22nd, 2018, 6:20 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Keralin's journey around the world 
RPG Team
RPG Team

Location: Australia, waiting in the sun with my dragon, Aeraldi, for when we are needed
Affiliation: Shades
Dragon: Aelir
Post Keralin's journey around the world
I have been toying with this idea for a while now, as I was unsure if I should start creating cultures that CP wouldn't put in his book. But the idea's just started coming recently and I've been making back story for my character in my Role playing. I decided to make the story for those who are interested in what created my character, or for those who like a good story. This is the full story behind Keralin, Rider of Alagaesia.

Chapter 1:
There weren't many ships in the harbour. That was probably for the best, less to be noticed by the rest of the world. The small ocean town of Maenir located north of Carvahall had very few Elves living there. Most to prepare people like Keralin for their journey across the great sea, to the distant lands of their ancestors. The lands were safe because of the riders but the sea was not protected as someone that didn't know the stars well would get lost, and one could not scry the stars. While this place had its own charm to it, it was the same as every other elven town Keralin had seen. He hefted his backpack and shifted his sword on his waist slightly getting into a more comfortable position. Keralin stared at the massive ship as it was packed with food, water and various other items he couldn't recognise. He looked to his left and saw the other travellers going with him. Few were travelling like him and they had only what they needed to take with them. The rest were deck hands and guards. He was amazed but he amount of people needed to run just one ship. Keralin thought briefly of whom he was leaving behind, his mother and father, his friends. The captain finally ordered everyone onto the ship and showed the travellers where their quarters were and where they were and weren't allowed. After the short tour the captain went back to his original duties and before long they were finally on their way to distant lands.

Hayren and Taliear
Aeraldi, (And Aeraldi's past)
Polaris and Saiph
Nilarek, (And Nilarek's newest host)
Legion
Kharsin

December 11th, 2007, 11:10 am
RPG Team
RPG Team

Location: Australia, waiting in the sun with my dragon, Aeraldi, for when we are needed
Post Keralin's journey around the world
The trip across the ocean wasn't as exiting as Keralin had hoped. Just repetitive bobbing up and down, up and down. A few of the travelers vomited from sea sickness, including Keralin once but after that he was fine for the rest of the trip. Through the days he woke up in the morning, had a small breakfast and watched the ocean go past. A few days he just sat in the bunk and let his mind wander with the dolphins swimming on the wake of the boat. Twenty days later Keralin found himself on the shores of a strange new land, new customs and new places to explore. The first town however was the welcoming town of Panellia which to say had a splendor of itself. The castle walls were made of extremely hardened wood similar to those found in a fireplace. They had intricate patterns and designs on them that resembled the forest around them with flowers climbing their whole way up. The captain spoke to the tourists about the wall, and how it had to be grown because of the constant raids on the harbor. He explained that this land was fraught with war and death.
"Nobody goes outside of the walls except those who are tending the crops and transporting messages. A few others have left the walls and never returned."
Keralin thought that the speech was obviously to scare the visitors to stay inside where they could keep an eye on them. He wasn't going to be intimidated by a petty speech.
Besides, I can take care of myself. Keralin thought to himself while buckling on his sword. It took a bit of convincing to get the guard to let him out, but once he was out he knew that a whole new world awaited him and he intended to learn everything about it.

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

December 15th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Affiliation: Vardens
Post Re: Keralin's journey around the world
Like I've said in the pm, great story!

Eriel & Emrhyst
Gryfendel
Alcioraell

December 15th, 2007, 11:57 pm
RPG Team
RPG Team

Thats just chapter one... Getting to the new land. Now the interesting stuff comes :D

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

December 16th, 2007, 3:07 am
RPG Team
RPG Team

Chapter 2

When Keralin finally got out of the walls encompassing the city the first thought he had was What in the name of everything good happened here? There was no farmland of any sort, there was nothing. The ground beneath him was burned and stained with blood. There were no trees or grass anywhere for miles, not a scrap of life. It seemed that even the micro-organisms that inhabit the soil had died. Just standing there felt offensive to Keralin, but he couldn't bring himself to move either. He understood at that moment why nobody came back into the city, because they knew that the elves had torn the life away from here to make their shell away from the outside world. Nobody would be able to look at the inhabitants of this land in the same way again. Keralin finally regained the will to move again, and the only way he moved was away from that place of death. He moved quickly, desperate to get off the dead land. It didn't take him long before he was back in the trees with life teeming around him. The life around him made him feel energised again, gave him confidence that every place wasn't like this.

Keralin travelled for one month at least, mapping the land as he went. He held a device a device that the captain called a compass. The red needle always pointed to the north, so Keralin knew which way to draw his map. It also told him that he was travelling west. He came upon a path that lead through the forest made of stone. Keralin knew the humans of Alagaesia made paths like this when it was travelled often. That gave him hope that there was an important town nearby. Problem was, he didn't know which way that was. After a bit of thinking he decided to head north along the road. The air smells different here. Thought Keralin as he walked. He recognised the smell but he couldn't put his finger on it. He kept walking, the smell getting stronger. There was a certain fog around the air now, making things hazy. Then it hit him, the smell he was smelling was smoke. Keralin wondered about the wisdom of walking into a potential battle zone. He didn't have long to think about it as a grotesque shape ran out of the tall grass surrounding the path. It had scales, claws, diminutive wings that looked as if they could only be used for gliding, red eyes, and a face resembling a dragon. But it walked on two legs, holding a sword in one claw. It stood right in front of him, holding it's sword at Keralin. Keralin kept his eyes on that thing, but kept his ears open listening to the two creatures behind him. They stood there for a few seconds before the one in front said in a guttural voice and extremely bad accent,
"Stay still and you won't die."
"What do you want?" Said Keralin quickly.
The beast narrowed its eyes and approached Keralin carefully measuring the distance between them.
"Everything you have."

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

Last edited by Aeraldi on January 3rd, 2008, 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 16th, 2007, 12:02 pm
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Oo.... Everything he has?
A question, is this after KerEriel or before?

Eriel & Emrhyst
Gryfendel
Alcioraell

December 18th, 2007, 3:04 am
RPG Team
RPG Team

Sometimes I wonder if anyone gets my style of writing... To answer the questoin bluntly, it is WAYYY before. This was when he first left Alagaesia some 300 years ago. Before Aelir's egg came into existence.

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

December 18th, 2007, 11:45 am
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Well, I'm sry Oo

Don't get offended. *sniff*

lol Okay i see, go on! Its great.

Eriel & Emrhyst
Gryfendel
Alcioraell

December 18th, 2007, 1:38 pm
RPG Team
RPG Team

OOC: I'm not upset, in fact I'm happy. I would never be able to better my writing skills without truthful observations like that. You told me that I have to make things like that more apparant when I am writing.

Chapter 3
There is no way I am going to let that happen. Thought Keralin. Everything he had was everything he needed, travelling light as the humans might say. He shifted his stance a little, in order to give himself the maanoverability he needed but not so much to indicate he was going to fight back. A rustle went through the tall grass around him, the wind touching everything except the warriors preparing for battle. The creature moved slowly, carefully, measuring each step. Keralin ran the battle ahead through his mind over and over, making sure that nothing would surprise him. A few more steps and Keralin could make his move. The worst thing that could happen to a warrior is being made to wait, the blood pumping through his body increasing every sense in his body. Finally the creature took the final step. He was in range now for Keralin to strike, and strike he did.

Keralin shifted his feet and charged the creature unsheathing his blade with a speed that made his sword ring. Flawless. Keralin thought quickly, even though he had killed one, there were still two others waiting. He turned in time to see a spear being hurled at him, but he didn't move quickly enough to avoid it. The spear impaled itself in Keralin's right leg. It hurt much more than a spear should have, no matter what design the metal was. It drove Keralin to the ground, incapacitating him. He rose his head up from looking at the wound and saw a sight that he had never seen before. A group of battle armoured humans attacking the creatures with a precision that would have made Elven tactics seem like child's play. The two creatures were dead within seconds, one of the soldiers came up to Keralin and asked if he needed help.
"No, I'll be fine. I can heal myself." Keralin said to the soldier. He broke off the spear and pulled it out. The pain was still more intense than it should have been, but it was bearable. He shooed the soldiers crowding around him, trying to get a look. Keralin placed his hands over the wound and spoke the words "Weise Heill". At first the healing was going well then it started draining his power faster and faster. Keralin was losing energy fast, the stubborn wound refusing to heal. Keralin used what little energy he had left to cut the magic from killing him. He succeeded only moments before losing consciousness.

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

December 21st, 2007, 2:35 pm
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Ahh... Nuuu, stupid beast! >.<

Eriel & Emrhyst
Gryfendel
Alcioraell

December 24th, 2007, 5:48 am
RPG Team
RPG Team

Chapter 4

Images flashed before Kealin's eyes. The sky ablaze with fire only to have the light vanish behind stone. A woman sitting beside him with beautiful green eyes. Strange people with golden robes that fluttered past their feet. A majestic blue dragon flying in the skies. A bald man putting herbs on his leg. Keralin had no idea if he was seeing the present or past memories. Some of the images Keralin didn't recognize, but he dismissed those as fragments from his imagination. Keralin couldn't remember much of what happened. He even doubted for a second if the name was his or someone else's. Keralin knew he had to wake, but he couldn't. Something or someone was stopping him. Am I dead? Keralin wondered suddenly. It didn't seem like he expected it. Did I really expect something different or was that what someone else told me?

Keralin's thoughts headed round in circles for what seemed like hours until a voice, as clear as day is from night, pierced the confusion.
Who are you? The voice asked.
I think my name is Keralin if that's what you're asking. Where am I? Keralin thought he'd better ask quickly.
Alive. The voice answered. Keralin felt a moment of vertigo and a slight concern emanating from the other voice. I would have you awaken for a time so you can gather your thoughts. Be careful though, your body is recovering slowly.
The pressure keeping Keralin down was suddenly lifted and he could feel his body again. The first thing he felt was pain, excruciating pain coming from his leg. Keralin gathered himself and forced the pain to the back of his mind, he knew he had to awaken.

Keralin managed to open his eyes. The first thing he saw was a human standing over him with his hands around Keralin's head. The man had golden robes and a shaved head, he looked fragile, as if he would break a bone if he stepped the wrong way. He wasn't young, yet he wasn't old. Keralin had spent some time with humans and had learned to tell the age groups apart. The man looked forty years old at least. He spoke in the same voice that he heard inside his head.
"Welcome back, Keralin. My name is Leo."
Keralin looked at Leo with a puzzled look on his face. He looked familiar, in an abstract sort of way. He remembered with a start when he was semi-conscious, all the images he had seen.
"Yo-" Keralin tried to speak and ended up sputtering and coughing, sending pains all through his body.
"Easy son, you are still recovering. You got quite a nasty wound there, almost killed you." Leo said, with a smile on his face. "Almost killed us too..." He added in an undertone. Leo's face turned grim, losing his warming smile.
"Sleep. We know you're going to live now." Leo said again, the joy returning to his face. Keralin however, didn't hear a word past 'sleep' as he did so quickly.

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

Last edited by Aeraldi on January 2nd, 2008, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 29th, 2007, 11:27 am
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

Eek... From the way you're writing, you may include Eriel much later on in the story hm? Well, if you want to, you have my go-ahead.

This story just gets better and better.

Eriel & Emrhyst
Gryfendel
Alcioraell

December 30th, 2007, 4:50 pm
RPG Team
RPG Team

Thank you. I'm putting everything I have into writing it well. As for Eriel... It's going be a while till I put her in since she hasn't been born yet :lol:

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

December 31st, 2007, 3:51 am
Master DragonRider
Master DragonRider

kinda obvious eh? she's just alil over 115

Eriel & Emrhyst
Gryfendel
Alcioraell

December 31st, 2007, 5:38 am
RPG Team
RPG Team

Chapter 5

After Keralin woke up for the first time in weeks, according to the magicians who called themselves 'Mages', Keralin's recovery went much faster. Keralin also learned several things while recovering. He found out that he was staying as a royal guest in the castle. The city was called Unfrecia (Oon-free-see-a). Keralin said he wanted to see the city when he was better and the Mages were more than happy to oblige. In three days Keralin was able to sit up and eat without vomiting. Another three days and Keralin could walk, with the help of a crutch, and move to the window. Even though Keralin loved nature, he couldn't help but love the city the humans created. He looked out at the city when the sun was only just setting. The light glittered off the rooftops made of stone making the houses twinkle in the distance and the light wisps clouds in the sky glow. The sky was a beautiful shade of orange and blue while the birds in the sky dove at the ocean just beyond the walls. Keralin wished he could make a fairth of this moment, so he could keep it for all time. The sun moved out of view and the world was plunged into darkness, although that didn't make the city any less beautiful. Lights in the street were lit as well as lights in the houses, giving the city below a serene feel as if one were looking up at the stars. Keralin stood there, leaning on his crutch, looking at the city made of stone. He thought briefly that the Dwarves would have loved it here. Keralin was snapped out of his revere by a slight tap on his shoulder. Keralin turned around and saw Leo looking at him with an amused look on his face.
"It's beautiful isn't it?" Leo said softly.
"It's amazing. My people have their own charming sights, but this is truly spectacular." Keralin lost his words and looked back at the city.
"You've come at the perfect time, this time of year the sun sets and rises at just the perfect angles. At this time of year we celebrate all the beauty that this world has to offer us."
Keralin couldn't believe this society existed. It was overwhelming to even try. He didn't ponder this long as his leg started to ache from standing on it for so long. Leo saw this and escorted Keralin back to his bed. A thought entered Keralin's mind then, something that had been bothering him for some time. After he was put onto the bed Keralin asked Leo;
"Do you know you can heal wounds with magic?"
The question caught Leo completely off guard, at least that's what Keralin saw in his posture when he stiffened. Leo looked back at him with sad eyes.
"I knew you would ask the question eventually, I had just hoped it wasn't so soon." Leo started stoftly, his voice losing it's firmness. As he spoke he couldn't help but cry. "Yes, we can heal using magic and the reason we haven't healed you is because we cannot. One of us tried, his name was Naej'al (Na-eeg all). He devoted himself to healing others, so when we met you he devoted to healing you. At first the process was going well, as all the other healings happened. Then the process took all of Naej'al's strength, we tried to keep him alive by feeding our power but we knew he was doomed. He died trying to heal you." By the end Leo's face was wet and his body almost shaking.
Keralin couldn't believe what he had heard. He remembered using his own magic to heal himself and he failed. Keralin's hands started to shake then. He had never known anyone who had died, nor known anyone who had been with someone who had died. By Elf standards Keralin was still young and the knowledge that someone had given their life for him was near unthinkable. Keralin felt as if he had to say something, anything to help ease the pain. All he managed was;
"I'm sorry. I should never have come here."
Leo looked up at him and said gently, "It is not your fault that he is dead. He was a good man who did good deeds and died trying to do something to help another. It was what he wanted." Leo paused for a moment. "Everyone in town mourns for Naej'al, we just all hope his spirit to help others will touch the hearts all people, whether they be Elf, Human or other."

Hayren and Taliear
Polaris and Saiph
Legion
Kharsin

January 2nd, 2008, 1:53 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 3  [ 31 posts ]