It is currently September 26th, 2018, 7:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Why Brom isn't eragon's father. 
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Affiliation: Elves
Don't get me started!!! OK, you already got me started, so here it goes: Brom said, “She was full of dignity and pride, like Garrow. Ultimately it was her downfall, but it was one of her greatest gifts nevertheless. . . . She always helped the poor and the less fortunate, no matter what her situation.” He answered to Eragon’s question, “You knew her well?”, “Well enough to miss her when she was gone.” Also, Blagden said “Son and father alike, both as blind as bats” after being asked what his first prophesy ment. This denotes that Blagden had met Eragon's father. Morzan had never gone to Ellesmera, though Brom had. On pg. 435 of Eragon, Angela saya, "He (Brom) loved a woman, but it was his affection which was her undoing." So what happened was she was carrying Brom's child and Morzan found out. She went to Carvahall and had Eragon. She then ran off, running from Morzan, was caught, and then killed. This enraged Brom and Brom went and killed Morzan. Later, he went to Carvahall to keep an eye on his son, Eragon.

RiderEriel wrote:
Oh wow.. I'm seriously scared of IMNC, I'll give you guys that. (No sarcasm there, I really am LOL)

August 2nd, 2006, 3:37 pm
DragonRider
DragonRider

Location: In Atlantis on my computer (great internet service hehe)
Ok Ok! You've got me into thinking that Brom is Eragon's father. Now before the rest of you call me crazy it really does make sense when you think about it. I take back what i said in my earlier post.

I am a Christian and I will not be silenced

If ever you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill tempered dragon remember, you don't have to out run the dragon.....you just have to out run the halfling

And in the future if you ever run across anything that bears the insignia of the USS Voyager, head in the other direction. - Kathrine Jainway

We're Starfleet officers, weird is part of the job - Kathrine jainway

Wibbly wobbly timey whimey stuff - 10th Doctor

Bananas are good - 9th Doctor

August 2nd, 2006, 6:12 pm
Peasant Elder
Peasant Elder

I THOUGHT YOU PEOPLE WERE MENTAL UNTIL I READ THAT

August 2nd, 2006, 6:29 pm
Global Moderator...
Global Moderator...

Affiliation: Surdans
Dragon: Llyelia
Don't get me started!!! OK, you already got me started, so here it goes: Brom said, “She was full of dignity and pride, like Garrow. Ultimately it was her downfall, but it was one of her greatest gifts nevertheless. . . . She always helped the poor and the less fortunate, no matter what her situation.” He answered to Eragon’s question, “You knew her well?”, “Well enough to miss her when she was gone.” Also, Blagden said “Son and father alike, both as blind as bats” after being asked what his first prophesy ment. This denotes that Blagden had met Eragon's father. Morzan had never gone to Ellesmera, though Brom had. On pg. 435 of Eragon, Angela saya, "He (Brom) loved a woman, but it was his affection which was her undoing." So what happened was she was carrying Brom's child and Morzan found out. She went to Carvahall and had Eragon. She then ran off, running from Morzan, was caught, and then killed. This enraged Brom and Brom went and killed Morzan. Later, he went to Carvahall to keep an eye on his son, Eragon.

I got the idea of "son and father alike, both as blind as bats" because murtagh and morzan both joined Galby, and Brom and Eragon thought Morzan and Murtagh the were good friends when they met.

August 2nd, 2006, 6:42 pm
Peasant Elder
Peasant Elder

August 2nd, 2006, 7:17 pm
Admin
Admin

Affiliation: SF Rebels
Dragon: Imnaha
Ok Ok! You've got me into thinking that Brom is Eragon's father. Now before the rest of you call me crazy it really does make sense when you think about it. I take back what i said in my earlier post.

This is a copy and past of a post I did in BooksNmore's forum. Maybe this can convince you?

I've always felt that whatever Saphira may know, Joed, Ajihad, Oromis and Izslanzadi knew about Brom being Eragon's father.

Why, think over the following:

Eragon, 187
"Brom grunted. After a long silence he said, "We'd better fo out and join Eragon. I get worried when he's alone. That boy has an unnatural propensity for being where's trouble."
"Are you surprised?"
"Not really."
What's with that "not really," I think because of the 'like father, like son" thing. We know all the things Brom did after his dragon died, don't we? wink.gif

Eragon, 416
Ajihad handed Zar'roc to him. "That reminds me, I have Brom's ring, which was sent as confirmation of his identity. I was keeping it for when he returned to Tronjheim. Now that he's dead, I suppose it belongs to you, and I think he would have wanted you to have it." He opened a drawer and took the ring from it."
Why does it now belong to Eragon? Why would Ajihad say "Brom would have liked Eragon to have it? BECAUSE Eragon IS his SON! tongue.gif

Eragon, 493
"There was a low rumble. I am Osthat Chetowa, the Morning Sage. And Togira Ikonoka, the Cripple Who Is Whole. Come to me, Eragon, for I have answers to all you ask. You will not be safe until you find me."
He as all the answers to Eragon's questions, so HE WOULD know the truth of Eagon's father. And I have a feeling that's the first thing that's going to fly out of Eragon's mouth when they meet again.

Eldest, 227-8
"When she finished, Islanzadi asked, "Dragon, what is your name?"
Saphira.
A flash of recognition appeared in the queen's expression, but she made no comment on it. "Welcome to Ellesmera, Saphira. And yours, Rider?"

Down in that same paragraph; "I assume by your presence here, Eragon, so soon after Saphira's egg was captured, and by the ring on your hand and the sword on your hip, that Brom is dead and that your training with him was incomplete."
Why would the ring and the sword lead her to that conclusion, besides Brom not being there, if she did not have prior knowledge of Brom's feats and as the last of the elf friends, she must have known about Eragon's existance even if she did not know his name?

Food for thought, guys, food for thought!!!

August 2nd, 2006, 7:22 pm
New DragonRider
New DragonRider

Merala Anawan wrote:

This is a copy and past of a post I did in BooksNmore's forum. Maybe this can convince you?

I've always felt that whatever Saphira may know, Joed, Ajihad, Oromis and Izslanzadi knew about Brom being Eragon's father.

Why, think over the following:

Eragon, 187
"Brom grunted. After a long silence he said, "We'd better fo out and join Eragon. I get worried when he's alone. That boy has an unnatural propensity for being where's trouble."
"Are you surprised?"
"Not really."
What's with that "not really," I think because of the 'like father, like son" thing. We know all the things Brom did after his dragon died, don't we? wink.gif

Eragon, 416
Ajihad handed Zar'roc to him. "That reminds me, I have Brom's ring, which was sent as confirmation of his identity. I was keeping it for when he returned to Tronjheim. Now that he's dead, I suppose it belongs to you, and I think he would have wanted you to have it." He opened a drawer and took the ring from it."
Why does it now belong to Eragon? Why would Ajihad say "Brom would have liked Eragon to have it? BECAUSE Eragon IS his SON! tongue.gif

Eragon, 493
"There was a low rumble. I am Osthat Chetowa, the Morning Sage. And Togira Ikonoka, the Cripple Who Is Whole. Come to me, Eragon, for I have answers to all you ask. You will not be safe until you find me."
He as all the answers to Eragon's questions, so HE WOULD know the truth of Eagon's father. And I have a feeling that's the first thing that's going to fly out of Eragon's mouth when they meet again.

Eldest, 227-8
"When she finished, Islanzadi asked, "Dragon, what is your name?"
Saphira.
A flash of recognition appeared in the queen's expression, but she made no comment on it. "Welcome to Ellesmera, Saphira. And yours, Rider?"

Down in that same paragraph; "I assume by your presence here, Eragon, so soon after Saphira's egg was captured, and by the ring on your hand and the sword on your hip, that Brom is dead and that your training with him was incomplete."
Why would the ring and the sword lead her to that conclusion, besides Brom not being there, if she did not have prior knowledge of Brom's feats and as the last of the elf friends, she must have known about Eragon's existance even if she did not know his name?

Food for thought, guys, food for thought!!!

Wow! You have put in some thought and some major time into this. Everything makes sense and more clues (yay!). Hmm...it's possible that the others did know something as to whether Brom was indeed Eragons father...I find this very interesting. Now I am really stuck...one moment I think it's Morzan and the next I am thinking it is Brom. I think I may be edging toward Brom a bit but, I am not sure...I still have something in my head saying Morzan is Eragon's father. But, again wow!! Anniebee you have really thought this one through, have evidence...man now I am super stuck...I am liking this though.

oh and are you lady phoenix on BooksNmore? just wondering...you don't have to answer.

August 2nd, 2006, 7:34 pm
Admin
Admin

Affiliation: SF Rebels
Dragon: Imnaha
Guilty as charged! :oops: :oops: I HAVE given this a lot of thought. I first read the book (a loan) and was so busy in school and work I bought the CD's. That way I was able do what I needed to do and go over the story. I've heard and read them so many times I can figure out about where to find quotes.
It was at the end of Eldest when I figured there was something that just did not add up to the final revelation. I could go on forever, but I have to scout the forum! :lol:

August 2nd, 2006, 7:42 pm
Sovereign DragonRider
Sovereign DragonRider

Post Re: Why Brom isn't eragon's father.
Dr.Pepper836 wrote:
Ok, I've seen a LOT of discussion about this here and there. Well, I think that Brom couldn't be Eragon's father, because that would mean that Selena visited Brom during the time of Murtagh's birth and Eragon's birth. There was no recording of her being absent during that time. Also, Brom didn't leave. As for why Selena left Eragon with Garrow, I don't think that Brom had much to do with this. Still, that's my opinion.

ya know, i hadn't really thought about brom being eragon's father. i guess i just assumed morzan was. (shrug). it could really be either one. i don't know, but i would be an interesting plot twist.

Muchos Gracias, Nate.

Verd beh Aliit te Werda Verda~~Warrior of Clan Shadow Warrior

August 15th, 2006, 12:35 am
New Peasant
New Peasant

i agree that Brom is Eragon's father. see the same hints as you quoted above.

but the misunderstanding in book 2 is a necessary though painful challenge to Eragon. He has to prove that he can get over the shadow of the past and he can overcome what other people assume about him. also the experience of an imperfect biology will help him to have a better understanding of his enemy.

i just hope that by the end of the day, he doesn't have to kill his half brother.

January 4th, 2007, 7:23 am
DragonRider
DragonRider

brom is eragons father cos they have the same dragon color and dragon name. also he went to carvahall to look after his son. and is it just a coincidence that brom came when eragon was born?

Image <---- Bowser the Burrito

:idea: <------ The idea smiley looks like a surprised cyclops!

(\../)
(0.0)
(")(")
It's a bunny. Im not going to tell you to copy and paste him for world domination. he's my bunny.

I am CP's best friend. He says I am right about everything.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy

Chetowävarden

The Guarding Sage

January 4th, 2007, 12:16 pm
New DragonRider
New DragonRider

But she was already preagnant when she went to Carvahall, and if Brom was the father wouldn't he take care of it?

January 4th, 2007, 8:34 pm
New Peasant
New Peasant

Okay, here's some food for thought. Take a look at this quote by Blagden, pg 546, ELDEST:

While two may share two,
And one of two is certainly one,
One might be two.

Murtagh and Eragon might have the same parents
Selena is definitely Eragon's mother
but one father might be two...

Pretty interesting, eh?

Hex, the thinking machine -- Hogfather by Terry Pratchett

January 8th, 2007, 10:03 am
Peasant Elder
Peasant Elder

all the theorries seem to slide toward brom being eragons father

January 8th, 2007, 3:58 pm
DragonRider
DragonRider

Post Re: Why Brom isn't eragon's father.
Dr.Pepper836 wrote:
Ok, I've seen a LOT of discussion about this here and there. Well, I think that Brom couldn't be Eragon's father, because that would mean that Selena visited Brom during the time of Murtagh's birth and Eragon's birth. There was no recording of her being absent during that time. Also, Brom didn't leave. As for why Selena left Eragon with Garrow, I don't think that Brom had much to do with this. Still, that's my opinion.

actually there is a record of her leaving, murtagh says so. and why would brom have to leave?

Image <---- Bowser the Burrito

:idea: <------ The idea smiley looks like a surprised cyclops!

(\../)
(0.0)
(")(")
It's a bunny. Im not going to tell you to copy and paste him for world domination. he's my bunny.

I am CP's best friend. He says I am right about everything.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy

Chetowävarden

The Guarding Sage

January 9th, 2007, 12:38 am